Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Good summary of what Harpers years were really like, for the revisionists in here. It was not an era of innovation.

On the basis of these minimal expectations, the Harper government’s fiscal policy turned out to be appropriately restrictive, but unintentionally so, in 2006-07; it was appropriately expansionary, but fortuitously so, in 2008; it was appropriately and intentionally very expansionary in 2009-10; and finally, it was intentionally restrictive, but inappropriately so, over 2011-15 as a whole (figure 7).

https://policyoptions.irpp.org/magazines/october-2016/economic-performance-and-policy-during-the-harper-years/

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Except that graphic wasn't produced by Abacus. It actually says right on it, "Analysis by @RealAlbanianPat" who is some guy on Xitter....

In the lower left, you see the real producer of the graphic, "Canada Proud", which is an organization that describes themselves thusly:

So yeah....your source is definitely biased and unreliable....

Sigh - here we go again teaching how to research and verify 

google is your friend if you think people are lying 

it’s what an intelligent person does prior to screaming 😱 “YOUR SOURCE IS UNRELIABLE!!!!!!!”

https://abacusdata.ca/conservatives-lead-by-20-post-rate-cut/

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Good summary of what Harpers years were really like, for the revisionists in here. It was not an era of innovation.

On the basis of these minimal expectations, the Harper government’s fiscal policy turned out to be appropriately restrictive, but unintentionally so, in 2006-07; it was appropriately expansionary, but fortuitously so, in 2008; it was appropriately and intentionally very expansionary in 2009-10; and finally, it was intentionally restrictive, but inappropriately so, over 2011-15 as a whole (figure 7).

https://policyoptions.irpp.org/magazines/october-2016/economic-performance-and-policy-during-the-harper-years/

Hmm a Canadian far left news source.  How very biased of you 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Except that graphic wasn't produced by Abacus. It actually says right on it, "Analysis by @RealAlbanianPat" who is some guy on Xitter....

In the lower left, you see the real producer of the graphic, "Canada Proud", which is an organization that describes themselves thusly:

So yeah....your source is definitely biased and unreliable....

Oh here’s more 

and before you scream “ITS AN OPINION!!!!!”

they cite source data and link it 

it would take the intellectual effort to read more than the amount of info in a meme to learn though 

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/new-record-low-poll-shows-liberals-are-continuing-to-hemorrhage-supporters

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Oh here’s more 

it would take the intellectual effort to read more than the amount of info in a meme to learn though 

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/new-record-low-poll-shows-liberals-are-continuing-to-hemorrhage-supporters

is the election today? 

31 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

is the election today? 

Is there a reason you keep repeating yourself on this?

it was explained to you about trends, about how it will only get worse given the liberal solutions to the problems is using the same strategy that causes the problems 

your nonsense is getting boring 

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Did anyone refute current polling results? People have just been asking you to stop posting garbage sources.

They never refute anything 

they scream at me

call me names 

then when they’re forced to accept reality 

move to some other issue (moving the goalposts) to avoid

Its common deflection tactic of those who are frightened of the truth 

A Few Good Men You Cant Handle The Truth GIF by SundanceTV

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, bolt said:

You spelt Liberals wrong.  What makes you think Trudeau can become PM again?  Is there anything that he did that makes him deserve an additional 4 years?   You must be referring to Trudeau as he has the worst polling numbers of any party leader.  I guess a poor track record of incompetence and corruption will do that. 

He has great hair. 

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

they scream at me

call me names 

Spongebob Squarepants GIF

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Sigh - here we go again teaching how to research and verify 

google is your friend if you think people are lying 

it’s what an intelligent person does prior to screaming 😱 “YOUR SOURCE IS UNRELIABLE!!!!!!!”

https://abacusdata.ca/conservatives-lead-by-20-post-rate-cut/

You say you like "facts".  The fact is, you posted a graphic from a garbage source and claimed it was from somewhere reputable.

I don't really GAF about polls, especially when we aren't even in an election cycle. But if someone misrepresents something ITT, I'm going to call it out.

59 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Oh here’s more 

Changes nothing about your previous post. You misrepresented it.

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Changes nothing about your previous post. You misrepresented it.

Actually I didn’t 

I provided the source twice 

but carry on deflecting 

The fear is palpable 

and again you can use google to verify 

you’re literally doing what I said you people do 

the irony hilarious 

yet also pathetic 

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

You say you like "facts".  The fact is, you posted a graphic from a garbage source and claimed it was from somewhere reputable.

I don't really GAF about polls, especially when we aren't even in an election cycle. But if someone misrepresents something ITT, I'm going to call it out.

so sad 

21 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

they scream at me

call me names 

Interesting that you play the victim here.....:classic_rolleyes: Nobody is "screaming" at you and nobody is "calling you names". You are being called out for the content of your posts and your questionable sources....

Besides which, it's pretty ironic of you to claim victimhood, when on just this page, you said the following about others:

"here we go again teaching how to research and verify" 

"it would take the intellectual effort"

"your nonsense is getting boring"

Snark with a healthy dose of condescension.....yet nobody except you is complaining about "personal attacks"....:classic_rolleyes:

Oh, BTW...."condescension" means talking down to someone. See? I can "educate" people too! :classic_smile:

7 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

so sad 

I'm sure it is. Nobody likes having their source eviscerated in front of their face.....but I'm sure you'll get over it.

Here's an idea: Why don't you post that "Debt" graphic again? That always seems to give you a chubby.....:classic_smile:

13 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

My homework? My homework isn’t to do your homework 

I know the answers 

Every piece of data I’ve posted results in attacks 

I know who I’m voting for 

it doesn’t matter if anyone here votes the same 

the conservatives will win in a majority not seen for decades, it makes no difference 

You've never posted data.

You've posted the same 4-6 images and claimed you know everything and for people to google it then privately messaged people to insult them or to insinuate that you are in fact being victimized.

All for simply being asked to show your own work, to provide actual facts or sources or because your opinions have been refuted.

I understand you will claim this isn't the case but the last 30 pages shows otherwise

13 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

You really seem Be a Trudy defender for someone “unsure” lol

enjoy the conservative landslide bud 

I sure will

No you won't.  You'll be gone.

12 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Yet another insult 

Go take a walk dude 

Stating you are being disingenuous is not an insult.

It is an observation many have made based on your own actions

If you feel it is an insult think about why.

• ThereItIs 1