Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Jag said one thing 

Liz said another 

then she retracts 

I find it interesting that some think the people who have traitors in their midst are going to tell us they are traitors 

particularly when they’ve lied to Canadians repeatedly with their scandals and tried to shove them under the rug.

Canadians have a DEMOCRATIC RIGHT TO KNOW WHO THE TRAITORS ARE

I’m sure Hitler would have investigated his war crimes honestly too…. 🤦 

I think on this one we both agree perfectly. 

when and if any traitors are found and proven, we will all know. 

If the Liberals are hiding something unsavory we will find out. If they are protecting their opponents because of a lack of facts and proof then eventually we will find out there as well. Imagine they smear Pierre Poilievre's name with the leak of who is close to being treasonous..and then it turns out it wasn't really true? That would be wildly inappropriate and its own real scandal immediately. This is the kind of thing that we will just have to wait to see what all the fuss is about. I would like the man who wants to be PM to get the clearance level that would have allowed me to brief him when I was so employed in Ottawa. I briefed the PM of my day a few times, other times a line or two of my work was included in his briefings. I think the leaders in Parliament of every party should attempt to get the clearance required so they can make informed choices for the nation. I can't think of a valid reason not to do so for P.P., the last leader to try to get the clearance. Maybe he has a reason for not doing it yet? Maybe he wouldn't be cleared due to info we don't know... but the average joe does not have a right to smear someone with Libel and and Slander without the proof to back it up. Intelligence doesn't work on proofs so much as balance of probabilities to an extent. If i overheard your phone call that incriminates you but i heard it on my equipment that may not have been legal to use against you at the time, then what I heard can't be used against you, that is in our rights. Finding out who the potential bad guy is isn't one of our rights, by the Charter. Stick to the charter.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Jag said one thing 

Liz said another 

then she retracts 

I find it interesting that some think the people who have traitors in their midst are going to tell us they are traitors 

particularly when they’ve lied to Canadians repeatedly with their scandals and tried to shove them under the rug.

I’m sure Hitler would have investigated his war crimes honestly too…. 🤦 

No...they don't during an investigation.

Also, are you absolutely serious with that last comment?

Don't defame that other poster who calls the right wing the N**i word anymore please, you don't have the moral high ground anymore after that statement.

8 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Oh FFS 

answering to an unelected globalist think tank which attacks our national sovereignty by having govts do their bidding is not democracy 

We do know who it is 

low information people with opinions 🤦 

and go look to see who’s part of that?

Trudy, his garden gnome finance minister and Jagmeet. And 1/2 the cabinet apparently. 

SO.

Who is it then.

Since you "know"

out them.

Go ahead.

As for the WEF nonsense.  OK....

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I think on this one we both agree perfectly. 

when and if any traitors are found and proven, we will all know. 

If the Liberals are hiding something unsavory we will find out. If they are protecting their opponents because of a lack of facts and proof then eventually we will find out there as well. Imagine they smear Pierre Poilievre's name with the leak of who is close to being treasonous..and then it turns out it wasn't really true? That would be wildly inappropriate and its own real scandal immediately. This is the kind of thing that we will just have to wait to see what all the fuss is about. I would like the man who wants to be PM to get the clearance level that would have allowed me to brief him when I was so employed in Ottawa. I briefed the PM of my day a few times, other times a line or two of my work was included in his briefings. I think the leaders in Parliament of every party should attempt to get the clearance required so they can make informed choices for the nation. I can't think of a valid reason not to do so for P.P., the last leader to try to get the clearance. Maybe he has a reason for not doing it yet? Maybe he wouldn't be cleared due to info we don't know... but the average joe does not have a right to smear someone with Libel and and Slander without the proof to back it up. Intelligence doesn't work on proofs so much as balance of probabilities to an extent. If i overheard your phone call that incriminates you but i heard it on my equipment that may not have been legal to use against you at the time, then what I heard can't be used against you, that is in our rights. Finding out who the potential bad guy is isn't one of our rights, by the Charter. Stick to the charter.

Muclair explained why PP wouldn’t read it. This was discussed

common sense says Trudy trying to suggest the intelligence is wrong, is a hint as to whom is affected 

do you think he wouldn’t immediately release the names if it was the conservatives? 

come on man Will Smith Comedy GIF by Bad Boys For Life

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

SO.

Who is it then.

Since you "know"

out them.

Go ahead.

As for the WEF nonsense.  OK....

WEF nonsense?

klaus said it himself in that video 

which you’re too scared to watch 

WEF nonsense 

“build back better”

I guess Trudeau, Macron. Biden, Prince Charles, all came up with that catch phrase independently huh?

odd it’s the title of a Klaus Schwab manifesto 

just a coincidence 

my god

Edited by ArmchairGM22

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Muclair explained why PP wouldn’t read it. This was discussed

common sense says Trudy trying to suggest the intelligence is wrong, is a hint as to whom is affected 

do you think he wouldn’t immediately release the names if it was the conservatives? 

come on man Will Smith Comedy GIF by Bad Boys For Life

As a consultant I would recommend against that knee jerk reaction to try to smear my opponent. I know that is hard to undestand from the perspective of the pitchforks and torches brigade, but there it is. Some things are bigger than partisan b.s.

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

As a consultant I would recommend against that knee jerk reaction to try to smear my opponent. I know that is hard to undestand from the perspective of the pitchforks and torches brigade, but there it is. Some things are bigger than partisan b.s.

I have no issue with ensuring all who are traitors are held to account by the law 

but I am also going to use my common sense and opine on it 

and it’s quite obvious when we use the latter 

13 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Ok dude you’re on block 

go use google 

9 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Yup there it is

watch the video 

too scared huh? 

can’t scream about the source now because it’s a direct quote 

so let’s use ad hominem!

I thought you blocked me?

You seem to be really confused about how the ignore feature works here.

• chaos 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I have no issue with ensuring all who are traitors are held to account by the law 

but I am also going to use my common sense and opine on it 

and it’s quite obvious when we use the latter 

I think we all want to get to the bottom of it, and it will take time, and most importantly co-operation of our leaders in Ottawa. P.P. needs to get his clearance, then the leaders all need to sit down in a SCIFF and figure out what to do for Canada and Canadians about the facts of the situation. IMO that is the only way forward politically. RCMP investigations are another matter outside politics and as the masses we must simply abide until they either charge someone with something or not. If they do we will find out who it was.

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pretty sure if it was only the Conservatives who committed Treason, the names would have already been dropped by the Trudeau government and people would have already been arrested.  

Pretty sure you are pulling that out of... Thin air.

24 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Jag said one thing 

Liz said another 

then she retracts 

I’m sure Hitler would have investigated his war party’s crimes honestly too…. 🤦 

Hitler, eh?

6 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I like this guy, he seems honest and genuinely says "i don't know". That much is clear because for him to pay the extra 16% capital gains taxes he will have to sell his business, and it seems like he has built a very successful local plumbing business employing 20 people which is awesome, but he would have to sell the business for over 2.5 million in GAINS from his purchase price of it 14 years ago, maybe that is possible, and then would owe the 16% in more CGT on amounts higher than that. Lets pretend he can get 3 million more than he paid for it. He would pay 16% more on 500k or $80,000 in new CG taxes. he walks away with 420 thousand of that half a million over and above 2.5 million. If, and it is possible, he already had capital gains of 2.5 million and the whole 3m has extra taxes of 16% more: then yeah he would owe 480k in extra capital gains tax, but only if, as i said, he aleady gained more than 2.5 million in some other business dealings.... In either scenario there is no "crushing' going on nor does the guy in the video say it will crush him at all, he says he doesn't know. The 'crushing' is the spin from the rando on twitter.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I like this guy, he seems honest and genuinely says "i don't know". That much is clear because for him to pay the extra 16% capital gains taxes he will have to sell his business, and it seems like he has built a very successful local plumbing business employing 20 people which is awesome, but he would have to sell the business for over 2.5 million in GAINS from his purchase price of it 14 years ago, maybe that is possible, and then would owe the 16% in more CGT on amounts higher than that. Lets pretend he can get 3 million more than he paid for it. He would pay 16% more on 500k or $80,000 in new CG taxes. he walks away with 420 thousand of that half a million over and above 2.5 million. If, and it is possible, he already had capital gains of 2.5 million and the whole 3m has extra taxes of 16% more: then yeah he would owe 480k in extra capital gains tax, but only if, as i said, he aleady gained more than 2.5 million in some other business dealings.... In either scenario there is no "crushing' going on nor does the guy in the video say it will crush him at all, he says he doesn't know. The 'crushing' is the spin from the rando on twitter.

Why is the govt owed money on gains he made with his after tax money? 

The money he used to buy the business has already been taxed 

if he hadn’t been as successful and lost money is the govt going to make him whole?

no he took a risk

the govt didn’t 

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You seem to be really confused about how the ignore feature works here.

I find it works great.  I failed for a while and peaked at ignored posts but I have become more resolute in the past few days.

I do not suffer fools gladly and find it best not to suffer them at all.

20 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I find it works great.  I failed for a while and peaked at ignored posts but I have become more resolute in the past few days.

I do not suffer fools gladly and find it best not to suffer them at all.

Works great.  I'm going under the assumption that his difficulty was caused by user error.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

This is my thinking as well. In a similar position, I would want to make sure that I have 100% proof of malfeasance, before naming names.

I look at it like certain people who come across a headline, saying "Joe Biden wanders away" and gleefully post the accompanying video, not realizing that their garbage source deliberately cropped out the people that Biden was going over to interact with.....

When the truth comes out, you could very easily end up looking like a hopelessly partisan moron. Best to have all your ducks in a row first....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Pretty sure you are pulling that out of... Thin air.

I think you need to update your spell checker, Jimmy....

It got "your ass" completely wrong....:classic_unsure:

2 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Actually I didn’t 

I provided the source twice 

but carry on deflecting 

The fear is palpable 

and again you can use google to verify 

you’re literally doing what I said you people do 

the irony hilarious 

yet also pathetic 

Your showing common conservative  tendencies. Alt right politics dictates they must be the victim at all times. Anything and everything they don't agree with has harmed them and by extension all of Canada and everything sacred

It's ok to say you like or dislike anything you wish to do so. Opinion pieces and the social Media clips from any party are opinions and party propoganda designed to slant the message to their favour

Google PP sucks and Truduea sucks and you'll get an equal number of opinion write ups and party supporters shocking tik Tok videos  ....  None of them should be taken as anything more than what they really are ..... One person's opinion

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

No...they don't during an investigation.

Also, are you absolutely serious with that last comment?

Don't defame that other poster who calls the right wing the N**i word anymore please, you don't have the moral high ground anymore after that statement.

8u1ybh.jpg

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1