Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I dunno....this seems kinda homophobic if you ask me.....

....which strikes me as odd from a "black man" who constantly whines about being "attacked"...

“To each their own” is homophobic?

the ask why was the divorce 

the embraces do imply to anyone that those are platonic men. It’s odd 

It seems you want to judge people to attack them rather than reading their words

my cousin is gay dude, grow up 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

the embraces do imply to anyone that those aren’t platonic men

It seems you want to judge people to attack them rather than reading their words

So the entire Canucks team is gay according to you?

The reason for the divorce is none of our business; it is a private matter between two adults.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

403742.webp

Personally I'm comfortable enough in my own sexuality that I can hug another man and understand it isn't sexual in any way, but that's just me.

So am I 

Context kinda matters 

Demko hugging is buddy after a huge win is not the same as two world leaders who never see each other hugging the  same way 

Just saying, it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s why she left given those pictures 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

Just now, Johngould21 said:

I doubt food banks would accept those items, to me that’s a liability issue. They have never given anything to an individual, so I’m confused as to who you think they might be giving things to.

Food banks may not take them as they are government funded to some degree, but other organizations will take them that are independent and that want to help people in need.  There are lots of places out there that pick up food for people in need other than a food bank...

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

So the entire Canucks team is gay according to you?

The reason for the divorce is none of our business; it is a private matter between two adults.

Someone posted about the reason for the divorce 

I responded to it 

41 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Sad statistics but at least we can be assured that a new Conservative government would fix matters.

Exactly. The party of tax and spending cuts is going to make life better for the poor folks.....

Why, just the other day we heard from one destitute business owner who had to pay over $100k in taxes! :frantic: Poor guy must be living in a shoe box....

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

No. Posting photos of men hugging and suggesting it's the reason for a marriage breakup is, however.

You should take your own advice. The one who needs to "grow up" here is you.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

403742.webp

Personally I'm comfortable enough in my own sexuality that I can hug another man and understand it isn't sexual in any way, but that's just me.

I'm near 60.... Unless I've been in the trenches with someone ... Litterly..... I only hig my wife like that. I'm not a touchy feely kind of guy. 

May be my generation or just who I am lol

But I agree with you. I see younger men hug in a style I would only have ever done with a women or family member .... It's more a reflection that they grew up with better education about showing emotion doesn't make a guy weak or gay.  However I can say it's a universal truth in my experience that nearly all  those suggesting such contact is somehow gay ..... Have unresolved feelings that they hope criticizing publically will either mask it or help them bury it 

Those with zero such unresolved feelings do as I do and accept that one man's hug and emotion may not be my style but until they tell me otherwise..... It's just a hug 🫂 

I recall a Reddit post a while back where someone actually went through Poilievre‘a garbage. They found a tub of Neopolitan ice cream 33% empty. It was melted, so hard to tell exactly which colour he favored. However, they also found a bunch of the black part of the Oreo with the white centre licked clean. I’m pretty sure we can conclude what colors were left in that tub. 

do we really trust this guy? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sapper said:

I'm near 60.... Unless I've been in the trenches with someone ... Litterly..... I only hig my wife like that. I'm not a touchy feely kind of guy. 

May be my generation or just who I am lol

But I agree with you. I see younger men hug in a style I would only have ever done with a women or family member .... It's more a reflection that they grew up with better education about showing emotion doesn't make a guy weak or gay.  However I can say it's a universal truth in my experience that nearly all  those suggesting such contact is somehow gay ..... Have unresolved feelings that they hope criticizing publically will either mask it or help them bury it 

Those with zero such unresolved feelings do as I do and accept that one man's hug and emotion may not be my style but until they tell me otherwise..... It's just a hug 🫂 

lol so you’re calling me gay now 

cool

Not only racism but masked homophobia 

am I doing it right? 

lmao

ya I’m in the closet bro 

you got me 

🤦 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

25 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

So am I 

Context kinda matters 

Demko hugging is buddy after a huge win is not the same as two world leaders who never see each other hugging the  same way 

Just saying, it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s why she left given those pictures 

0601-news-poilievre-5_270500456-w.jpg

Guess Poilivre should get ready for the divorce papers too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

0601-news-poilievre-5_270500456-w.jpg

Guess Poilivre should get ready for the divorce papers too.

Dunno

maybe! Does seem weird to me 

and to each their own as I said in the original post that got the peanut gallery up in arms again! 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

lol so you’re calling me gay now 

cool

Not only racism but masked homophobia 

am I doing it right? 

lmao

I really am concerned about your mental health and would encourage you to speak with someone you trust 

Nothing I said was racist .. I never mentioned anything to do with any persons color or country of origin 

I clearly said to a different poster that most people .... You again in your need to be a victim jump to conclusions 

Correct me if I'm wrong here .... You posted a pic of 2 men hugging and suggest that may be the reason for his divorce ...

The issue is yours and yours alone.   I'm giving you a way out so instead of saying your just a horrible person who in a homophobic post implies someone is gay .... To accept that you simply lack the proper education and understanding that 2 men hugging has zero to do with their sexuality ..... Unless either man says differently 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Sapper said:

I really am concerned about your mental health and would encourage you to speak with someone you trust 

Nothing I said was racist .. I never mentioned anything to do with any persons color or country of origin 

I clearly said to a different poster that most people .... You again in your need to be a victim jump to conclusions 

Correct me if I'm wrong here .... You posted a pic of 2 men hugging and suggest that may be the reason for his divorce ...

The issue is yours and yours alone.   I'm giving you a way out so instead of saying your just a horrible person who in a homophobic post implies someone is gay .... To accept that you simply lack the proper education and understanding that 2 men hugging has zero to do with their sexuality ..... Unless either man says differently 

Why is it homophobic to suggest someone is gay? Did I say gay was wrong or bad? Or are you putting those words in my mouth? 

who said being gay is wrong? Please show me 

given my interpretation of those pictures my view is he could be and it could be the source of his divorce 

I never judged it, in fact I said to each their own, implying the opposite 

In fact, it seems you’re suggesting that being gay is wrong not me, as it’s implicit in Your judgement of me, as it was as well in saying I’m in the closet - trying to think it would insult me. 

Projecting?

Edited by ArmchairGM22

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Why is it homophobic to suggest someone is gay?

who said that’s wrong?

given my interpretation of those pictures my view is he could be and it could be the source of his divorce 

I never judged it, in fact I said to each their own, implying the opposite 

In fact you’re suggesting that being gay is wrong not me

Projecting?

Don't feed this troll .... 

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

50 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Not for me to speculate, but one of the Ministers in Cabinet is a dear friend of the Prime Minister and they did come to the Island here last year together for a vacay with some other notables from around the globe(minor royals et cetera) I don't think the Ministers partner would put up with a gay tryst with the PM though, hahaha... the Minister is openly gay and has been close friends with Justin since their college days. It very well may be that our Prime Minister's marriage is over, but I know for a fact they are still very close and co-habitat to this moment still, and if i were a betting man, i would put money on them sharing intimate moments still as well. 

It is neither here nor there though and fwiw i didn't think your comment was homophobic at all; the same questions are in the press and social media all the time, it just isn't any of our business one way or the other, imo.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I believe so.  I don't think Safeway (Sobeys) has an actual policy in place...

The Safeway that I used to work for, had policies up the ying yang. There is no way a manager would ever have that discretion. 

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Not for me to speculate, but one of the Ministers in Cabinet is a dear friend of the Prime Minister and they did come to the Island here last year together for a vacay with some other notables from around the globe(minor royals et cetera) I don't think the Ministers partner would put up with a gay tryst with the PM though, hahaha... the Minister is openly gay and has been close friends with Justin since their college days. It very well may be that our Prime Minister's marriage is over, but I know for a fact they are still very close and co-habitat to this moment still, and if i were a betting man, i would put money on them sharing intimate moments still as well. 

It is neither here nor there though and fwiw i didn't think your comment was homophobic at all; the same questions are in the press and social media all the time, it just isn't any of our business one way or the other, imo.

Agree 

I was just responding to the “so you know why they divorced” and said well maybe given those rumours… and I don’t really care 

as I said, one of my dearest cousins is gay and I don’t have some thing against people who are. What someones’s sexuality is has nothing to do with me.

seems people like to jump to conclusions with me 

on less controversial news, we just signed Hronek! 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Anyone know if there's a way to block posters from send you PMs?

why are the mods letting this go?

@Optimist Prime If you dont think that what that poster was doing was homophobic then I dont think you have had enough coffee today. 

On top of that, a poster that has been antagonising for days. Not engaging in any real discussion or providing many real sources and sending all sorts of offside jabs. I am surprised at you.

Anyway, I disagee and will take a break from good old CFF for a bit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1