Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Everyone commonly involved with the current discussion has been going overboard on personal attacks. I am not going to take just one person out, all ten of us need to relax and calm down. Learn to not reply and most importantly learn to not reply with personal attacks. 

Let's lower the temperature in this thread purposefully and by taking these concrete steps to be civil:

if you want to call other posters names: Step 1: DONT. Step 2:See step 1 

I know that the Prime Minister is thick skinned, the implication has been all over the news and with far worse language than anyone here has used. So lets go back to our corners and instead of coming out fighting, just come out and touch gloves. We are all hockey fans here, lets do what Ron McLean would do. Make a pun and move on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I believe so.  I don't think Safeway (Sobeys) has an actual policy in place...

We really need the government to start doing tax incentives/credits for grocer donations to food banks. That will be the most effective immediate help with the artificial food deserts that are caused as a result of the high prices.

I'm not holding my breath unfortunately for any party to do this. Liberal, Cons or NDP. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Everyone commonly involved with the current discussion has been going overboard on personal attacks. I am not going to take just one person out, all ten of us need to relax and calm down. Learn to not reply and most importantly learn to not reply with personal attacks. 

Let's lower the temperature in this thread purposefully and by taking these concrete steps to be civil:

if you want to call other posters names: Step 1: DONT. Step 2:See step 1 

I know that the Prime Minister is thick skinned, the implication has been all over the news and with far worse language than anyone here has used. So lets go back to our corners and instead of coming out fighting, just come out and touch gloves. We are all hockey fans here, lets do what Ron McLean would do. Make a pun and move on.

I recognize a few posters here with different political views than me, and yet we've gone to bat for each other on the hockey boards with our takes on management/nucks. As human beings, we are more than nuanced our political or team affiliation, I hope we can all see and appreciate that 🙂 

Yeah, it helps to also take a step back too, we are all here for fun at the end of the day.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DSVII said:

There isn't a serious discussion only tag on this, so anything goes. Until then, we can expect this quality of discussion, which is the point of disinformation campaigns and propaganda.

I don't blame you for not having one though @Sharpshooter, haha herding these cats is a full time job.

I would suggest that Members use the ‘Ignore’ Function to no longer deal with posters and their posts, that they feel they can simply do without. 

All my best! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Report any PMs that warrant being reported or deal with it, Rupe.

Thanks Sharpie. In addition to never using the Ignore function, I've never reported anyone either. I'm coming up on 20 years between here and CDC and I'd like to keep that record intact.

All I really wanted was to keep a certain troll from sending me Direct Messages. If there's no way to do that without using the ignore, or report functions, I'll live with it.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Well just sayin maybe this is a tell. I dunno but I don’t hug men like this.

To each their own but kinda seems like this could be the reason for the divorce no?

IMG_7985.jpeg

IMG_7986.jpeg

I have hugged friends like this after not seeing them for years and just cause they picked up the tab at the pub. 

I would hug @Optimist Prime, @Roger Neilsons Towel and @Ribs like this too…

If they didn’t already have restraining orders against me. :classic_dry:

• Haha 2
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Well just sayin maybe this is a tell. I dunno but I don’t hug men like this.

To each their own but kinda seems like this could be the reason for the divorce no?

IMG_7985.jpeg

IMG_7986.jpeg

Personally I don't see this as meaning anything. I give hello/goodbye hugs to my close friends, including men. There's also a cultural aspect of it as I'm part Italian, so hugs are common, and could be what Justin is used to as well.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I have hugged friends like this after not seeing them for years and just cause they picked up the tab at the pub. 

I would hug @Optimist Prime, @Roger Neilsons Towel and @Ribs like this too…

If they didn’t already have restraining orders against me. :classic_dry:

Give it up man. I told you to stop contacting me. I know that it’s you that keeps calling and breathing into the phone. 

image.gif.be370c848ca4108ae4f8316feaba40d0.gif

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Give it up man. I told you to stop contacting me. I know that it’s you that keeps calling and breathing into the phone. 

image.gif.be370c848ca4108ae4f8316feaba40d0.gif

The phone call was from inside your house. 

:classic_ninja:

39 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Mods removing posts now yet the racist and homophobic shit remains. Peace out homies 

I can assure you that no one reported a post that was homophobic or a post that was racist today. I just double checked. 
We are all aware of how the report feature works. Use it or use it not, but don't demand moderation by mob rule, that is abusive in itself. 

Have a great day.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

why are the mods letting this go?

@Optimist Prime If you dont think that what that poster was doing was homophobic then I dont think you have had enough coffee today. 

On top of that, a poster that has been antagonising for days. Not engaging in any real discussion or providing many real sources and sending all sorts of offside jabs. I am surprised at you.

Anyway, I disagee and will take a break from good old CFF for a bit. 

my dad used to say "don't let the bastards get you down". Stick around, don't give this weenie the satisfaction. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Upvote 1

Man,

our tax dollars at work. Nah they don’t waste our money 

do you see what they think of taxpayers? Here it is 

Canadians line up in record numbers at food banks and 1/4 of the population are on the poverty line as we saw today and he’s spending 220k on food for a flight. 

let them eat cake!

unbelievably disgusting and totally disrespectful of all Canadians and their tax dollars 

https://nationalpost.com/news/airplane-food-220k-justin-trudeau-trip

IMG_7997.jpeg

Edited by ArmchairGM22

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Man,

our tax dollars at work. Nah they don’t waste our money 

do you see what they think of taxpayers? Here it is 

Canadians line up in record numbers at food banks and 1/4 of the population are on the poverty line as we saw today and he’s spending 220k on food for a flight. 

let them eat cake!

https://nationalpost.com/news/airplane-food-220k-justin-trudeau-trip

IMG_7997.jpeg

he had THE BRISKET. THE BRISKET!!!!! :frantic: 

• Haha 1