Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

I was hopeful that this thread would not be as disappointing as yesterdays version of it was. 

Have a good one folks, yes, all of you, I appreciate your thoughts, the ones I agree with and the ones I don't. I am out for a mental health break, see you in a few days maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Three Canadian elections in a row's voters called: they said you are 100% wrong. JT has the job because we Canadians gave it to him three times in a row now. 

not just that, but your argument therefore excludes PP entirely from eligibility, which is dumb, if the people vote him in, he has the place to be in that job.

JT has the job because we Canadians gave it once, followed twice by the NDP.

• Haha 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Just as the electorate decided that Trudeau was indeed qualified to be PM, on three separate occasions.

Good so you can be respectful once Pierre wins a landslide next year.  

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I was hopeful that this thread would not be as disappointing as yesterdays version of it was. 

Have a good one folks, yes, all of you, I appreciate your thoughts, the ones I agree with and the ones I don't. I am out for a mental health break, see you in a few days maybe. 

Keep in mind the point of contentious/confrontational disinformation is to have the population be disengaged and apathetic to politics. Enjoy the break and stay informed

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, bolt said:

I'll respect democracy, but not Poilivre.  I'll also be doing everything legally in my power to minimize the damage that he will do and ensure that he is removed from office as soon as possible, as is my democratic right.

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

The electorate will decide.  Do you not respect Democracy?

before i go: i am glad you are excited to be ahead in the polls. Honestly i know the feeling and it is nice. The thing is its been for about seven months out of the last decade. A bit of humility to go along with the nice feeling would go a long way towards bridging chasms. Just sayin, not everything needs to be so polar and visceral. 

Okay, that is my advice to everyone, play nice. It is a great debate and a valid one to have, as we are all effected by the decisions of our politicians. some more than others. 

Off to tend to my tomatoes and maybe shave the grass. Hope everyone is happy healthy, peaceful and prosperous.

• Cheers 2

I hope Canadian working people wake up and realize that pp is lying by omission every time he refuses to reveal his plans. I notice most of his followers here do the same. (lie by omission).

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

I'm not here to write an essay.  Most economic metrics are falling with her at the helm.  You can look past that if you choose.

So....you have an opinion....your claim of the worst Finance Minister in Canadian history is just you spitballing, without the knowledge to back it up?

Thanks for clarifying.

BTW: NAFTA 2.0......who's the one "looking past" something here? :classic_rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

This isn't your sports team. I suggest you take a hard look at what the Conservatives represent and their plans for the Canadians outside of 'F*ck Trudeau' and how it affects you and your fellow Canadians. Unless thumping your chest is the principal goal here.

The Conservative track record of riding populism to power (validating legitimate concerns of course) and tearing apart the provinces healthcare and infrastructure apart in Alberta and Ontario have not been kind to anyone. And I suspect your algorithm with find new things for you to blame while the CPC are in power.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

I hope Canadian working people wake up and realize that pp is lying by omission every time he refuses to reveal his plans. I notice most of his followers here do the same. (lie by omission).

I notice the same about Justin Trudeau and his followers.

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

This isn't your sports team. I suggest you take a hard look at what the Conservatives represent and their plans for the Canadians outside of 'F*ck Trudeau' and how it affects you and your fellow Canadians. Unless thumping your chest is the principal goal here.

The Conservative track record of riding populism to power (validating legitimate concerns of course) and tearing apart the provinces healthcare and infrastructure apart in Alberta and Ontario have not been kind to anyone. And I suspect your algorithm with find new things for you to blame while the CPC are in power.

I encourage you see the result of the Liberal 9 year plan.  Glad to see your doing so well unlike the majority of Canadians.

Just now, bolt said:

I notice the same about Justin Trudeau and his followers.

Justin Trudeau isn't hiding his plans from Canadians. Another lie by ommission by a pp sycophant. Good stuff. Proved my point immediately.

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

So....you have an opinion....your claim of the worst Finance Minister in Canadian history is just you spitballing, without the knowledge to back it up?

Thanks for clarifying.

BTW: NAFTA 2.0......who's the one "looking past" something here? :classic_rolleyes:

All economic metrics are falling.  I suppose that doesn't matter when you're the Finance minister.  

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Justin Trudeau isn't hiding his plans from Canadians. Another lie by ommission by a pp sycophant. Good stuff. Proved my point immediately.

The plans for high crime, poverty and record debt with nothing to show for it?

If the Liberals are doing so good then why are their poll numbers in the toilet?

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, bolt said:

The plans for record crime, poverty and record debt with nothing to show for it?

If the Liberals are doing so good then why are their poll numbers in the toilet?

Followed by the old tangent ploy. Yeah, nothing deceptive about that.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, bolt said:

I encourage you see the result of the Liberal 9 year plan.  Glad to see your doing so well unlike the majority of Canadians.

I'm just mindful of history that populist leaders don't turn out well for anyone, regardless of how ineffective the current regime is. 

If you care that deeply about your fellow Canadians, it's far easier to tear everything down than build something back up again, and I'm very conscious of the Conservative agenda when it comes to stripping fellow Canadians of their rights (LGBTQ+) and their healthcare to privatize and line their pockets to an extent that will make 'Arrivescam' seem like pennies 

This is not an endorsement of Trudeau, but you won't see this. 

Edited by DSVII
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

All economic metrics are falling.  I suppose that doesn't matter when you're the Finance minister.  

Yes...so you keep saying....perhaps you could use your vast knowledge of Canadian Finance Ministers to tell us how those "metrics" compare with say, Sir Charles Tupper?

(and no, he wasn't the guy who invented Tupperware)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Yes...so you keep saying....perhaps you could use your vast knowledge of Canadian Finance Ministers to tell us how those "metrics" compare with say, Sir Charles Tupper?

(and no, he wasn't the guy who invented Tupperware)

Although

8ue1vc.jpg

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, bolt said:

JT has the job because we Canadians gave it once, followed twice by the NDP.

Most people don't understand how our system has worked for generations of time now: 

we elect a local MP, parties have nothing to do with the guy we locally send to Ottawa.

Once in Ottawa, our local MP's choose among them one of their peers to be the Prime Minister, who then appoints the other ministers to their Cabinet. Those people decide for all of us what to do. 

PM JT has won the PM job from voters for a decade now. Twist as you may want, there is no escaping reality. Now my wife says i am just stalling on chores...hehe, maybe. 

51 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Ah yes....the typical debate style of CFF conservatives....when your talking points aren't worth anything, point to poll results....:classic_rolleyes:

And yet not one .... Not a single one of PP supporters have issue with PP heading out for the summer BBQ tours to peddle conspiracy theories 

CTV reported it ands it's no big deal ..... Spread a lie , tell a lie ... So long as its conservatives it's fine ..... Really lies don't hurt anyone and are no big deal

The message is loud and clear .... These posters are not about truth , kindness or government that benefits us all

They missed the memo .... All government waste is wrong. From trudueas flight meals to PP window washing expenses....  

The difference between PP conservatives and the rest of the country is we say it's all bad and should stop ... The cult of PP says only the sins of the liberals matter ..... The conservative ones don't count so stop talking about us 

Can't debate those that are so far down the rabbit hole they are blind to what's around them and will turn a blind eye to anything and everything. The whole point of the PP crew is to have a government named conservative...... And nothing else matters 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Sapper said:

And yet not one .... Not a single one of PP supporters have issue with PP heading out for the summer BBQ tours to peddle conspiracy theories 

CTV reported it ands it's no big deal ..... Spread a lie , tell a lie ... So long as its conservatives it's fine ..... Really lies don't hurt anyone and are no big deal

The message is loud and clear .... These posters are not about truth , kindness or government that benefits us all

They missed the memo .... All government waste is wrong. From trudueas flight meals to PP window washing expenses....  

The difference between PP conservatives and the rest of the country is we say it's all bad and should stop ... The cult of PP says only the sins of the liberals matter ..... The conservative ones don't count so stop talking about us 

Can't debate those that are so far down the rabbit hole they are blind to what's around them and will turn a blind eye to anything and everything. The whole point of the PP crew is to have a government named conservative...... And nothing else matters 

Rules for thee but not for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Rules for thee but not for me.

Let us know when the plan to raise taxes and hiring more Governement workers starts working. But maybe falling GDP is not a concern to the Trudeau cult and the Liberal plan will finally start working.

Edited by bolt