Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Health minister asks Senate to speed up so pharmacare can be launched by spring

OTTAWA — The federal health minister has asked the Senate to move as quickly as possible to pass the government's pharmacare legislation so that Canadians can start accessing medications by next spring, he told reporters Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Health minister asks Senate to speed up so pharmacare can be launched by spring

OTTAWA — The federal health minister has asked the Senate to move as quickly as possible to pass the government's pharmacare legislation so that Canadians can start accessing medications by next spring, he told reporters Wednesday.

Speed it up because the Liberals are crashing in the polls.  Let's hope this isn't a failed program like many of their other rollouts.

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, bolt said:

Speed it up because the Liberals are crashing in the polls.  Let's hope this isn't a failed program like many of their other rollouts.

I suspect the remaining CPC loyalists in the senate will try to slow this down as much as they possibly can, because owning libs matter more than granny getting her meds.

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I suspect the remaining CPC loyalists in the senate will try to slow this down as much as they possibly can, because owning libs matter more than granny getting her meds.

Speeding up processes has led to excess money being fed to ex mps and Liberal insiders before.  I'll hold my breath that they actually care about granny more than their own wallets.

Edited by bolt
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Speeding up processes has led to excess money being fed to ex mps and Liberal insiders before.

you need to be more specific 

1 minute ago, bolt said:

I'll hold my breath that they actually care about granny more than their own wallets.

there's no link between this legislation and any MPs wallet. 

3 minutes ago, bolt said:

Speeding up processes has led to excess money being fed to ex mps and Liberal insiders before.  I'll hold my breath that they actually care about granny more than their own wallets.

https://www.conservative.ca/liberal-red-tape-costs-billions-and-drives-canadians-nuts/

Conservatives are committed to cutting red tape. 

So is red tape slowing down processes good now according to the Cons?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

you need to be more specific 

there's no link between this legislation and any MPs wallet. 

There isn't....but certain people have an intense need to criticize anything the Libs do, even if it's something positive....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

There isn't....but certain people have an intense need to criticize anything the Libs do, even if it's something positive....

I'll give Jag credit where its due as well on this one. 

What a horrible day for some CPC folks, with actual people being helped. You'd think being so high in the polls they wouldn't be worried about potentially losing a few votes, you know, if the polling is to be believed. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'll give Jag credit where its due as well on this one. 

What a horrible day for some CPC folks, with actual people being helped. You'd think being so high in the polls they wouldn't be worried about potentially losing a few votes, you know, if the polling is to be believed. 

"Biggest landslide in the history of landslides", IIRC.....

• Haha 1

This one is killing PP. He is supported by big pharma and he favours private health care.

They had hoped to topple the government before this bill was.passed . Once implemented it's one of those things that would kill a party at the polls.of they canceled it outright. Just like conservatives defunding health care in the hopes of forcing.privitization ..pharmacare In place is something he can't just kill off.

I suspect beyond his thirst for power this was the main reason for his all out attacks this sitting in the hopes of stopping this before implemented by forcing an election 

4 hours ago, bolt said:

So we can agree Justin Trudeau has no place in that job.  

Lol if we're running down this track.

Trudeau as a drama teacher and snowboard instructor and head of a major organization/charity is absolutely more qualified via work experience to be PM over Pierre who has never once paid taxes from a real job in his life.

Just saying 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

My stars and garters!

Just fueled up with the good stuff, same as always, and happy to report for the first time this year the price per Liter is below 2 bucks!!

$1.949 a glug. haha. Third cheapest was on the third of this month and the 2nd cheapest was Jan 1st. 

It is almost as if the enhanced carbon tax from a couple months ago wasn't in any way an issue for anyone. 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Looks like it's coming off a "bottom"  Is that going to be the new Liberal slogan?

So ignoring the fact that literal experts said you're wrong is...ya never mind

There's no point

11 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Counter-Strike Flag GIF by ENCE

11 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Here's an interesting pole I found

download-2.jpeg

I see your Madame Curie and raise you the champion of Heliocentrism:

image.jpeg.f9888c21386c724745debcb7ced2ee43.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

You know what this thread needs, more fricken polls. I can't get enough of them. 

We should have a poll about how people feel about the polls.

11 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Here's an interesting pole I found

download-2.jpeg

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I see your Madame Curie and raise you the champion of Heliocentrism:

image.jpeg.f9888c21386c724745debcb7ced2ee43.jpeg

You guys suck at this game

Joanna Krupa Red Bikini 8x10 Picture Celebrity Print

:hurhur:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1