Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Pretty lame deflection....

Pro tip: If you make a broad assertion of "fraud", someone is likely going to call you on it and request that you back it up with facts, rather than your obviously biased opinion. If you are unable to provide those facts, you should probably refrain from making such assertions, lest you end up looking hopelessly partisan and incapable of engaging in good faith debate.

Just one Muppet's opinion.....

despite the assertions that I'm just a Trudeau fan boy, I'd actually really want to know if there was actual proof of fraud. 

I remember growing up in a conservative minded household in an orchard.  Without actual proof of a crime or charges being laid, accusations of that sort were essentially verboten because that's how our national system of law works.

But finger pointing and constantly screeching lies without proof or the ability to back them up was usually considered pretty low character in a person because it meant they were willing to lie to further their own standing

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, Warhippy said:

I remember growing up in a conservative minded household in an orchard.  Without actual proof of a crime or charges being laid, accusations of that sort were essentially verboten because that's how our national system of law works.

But finger pointing and constantly screeching lies without proof or the ability to back them up was usually considered pretty low character in a person because it meant they were willing to lie to further their own standing

same in SK.

It's the right wing adoption of the US attack politics. It all began with John Baird, a man too scared to live his real life, acting like a bully in the House. It's a direct line from today, to him. 

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I have the utmost respect for conservatives who push back against these bullshit maga style politics. So much so that

I would have no problem voting for a conservative like that. Unfortunately Pierre is not that guy. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

despite the assertions that I'm just a Trudeau fan boy, I'd actually really want to know if there was actual proof of fraud. 

I think we can be reasonably sure there is not....

28 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

And then tomorrow he'll say he didn't know them.

He doesn't even need to hide it or deny it at this point .... PP supporters have given his hate filled rage politics the green light 

If hate is good work what can you call his political party other than ......alt  Right nationalist party of Canada 

• ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Sapper said:

He doesn't even need to hide it or deny it at this point .... PP supporters have given his hate filled rage politics the green light 

If hate is good work what can you call his political party other than ......alt  Right nationalist party of Canada 

its amazing tho how he just "happens" to bump into these folks. Must be the unluckiest politician in the country. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its amazing tho how he just "happens" to bump into these folks. Must be the unluckiest politician in the country. 

maybe, just maybe, those types are drawn to him, and he to them; some sort of  mutual attraction?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

maybe, just maybe, those types are drawn to him, and he to them; some sort of  mutual attraction?

hmm... you might be on to something there. I hear he's good with a dog whistle. 

• ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Sapper said:

I’m glad they brought it in like this. 

as a kid who grew up in a welfare home any increases never made it to us kids …. I’m sure many families would use it for their kids but many do not

I would like to see all public schools have a breakfast and lunch program and an after hours access to washers and dryers ( don’t laugh .. many welfare homes have no such access )

the more we can do to equalize the ability to learn …. The faster we can break the cycle of poverty. 

I'd certainly support this 100%, but I am bothered that the provinces aren't doing more either. Maybe they can do it together and have a bigger impact.

• Vintage 1

Boss- take that stuff off the website

Lackey Ok but why?

Boss Because the feds now require us to prove what we have been putting up there

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canada-oil-sands-group-removes-online-content-over-federal-anti-greenwashing-rules/ar-BB1oB0jQ?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ce0461d129c04850b2e358bcd3911f49&ei=21

"OTTAWA (Reuters) -The Pathways Alliance, a group of Canada's biggest oil sands producers, has removed all content about environmental goals from its website and social media pages, citing "significant uncertainty" over the federal government's proposed anti-greenwashing legislation.

Bill C-59, which only needs royal assent to become law after Canada's parliament gave approval on Wednesday, would force companies to show proof of their environmental claims.

--------------------------------

12-13 more short paragraphs at link.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Boss- take that stuff off the website

Lackey Ok but why?

Boss Because the feds now require us to prove what we have been putting up there

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canada-oil-sands-group-removes-online-content-over-federal-anti-greenwashing-rules/ar-BB1oB0jQ?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ce0461d129c04850b2e358bcd3911f49&ei=21

"OTTAWA (Reuters) -The Pathways Alliance, a group of Canada's biggest oil sands producers, has removed all content about environmental goals from its website and social media pages, citing "significant uncertainty" over the federal government's proposed anti-greenwashing legislation.

Bill C-59, which only needs royal assent to become law after Canada's parliament gave approval on Wednesday, would force companies to show proof of their environmental claims.

--------------------------------

12-13 more short paragraphs at link.

I hope this cuts both ways, and we can get plastic straws back. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The wooden straws are ok.  Trying to drink a shake through a paper straw on the other hand, is like a golf ball through a garden hose.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Liberals plan talks to launch school food program before end of next school year

OTTAWA — The government hopes to see kids eating meals under a universal, national school food program before the end of the next school year, but it will take time for organizations to scale up their operations, the families minister said Thursday.

one of the absolute best things that can be done if they can see this through

huge positive long term ramifications too - i bet on a long enough timescale the costs are offset by savings in the medical system by having kids properly nourished with healthy food during formative years

wish this kind of stuff wasnt held in back pockets until election season though, why has this not been done sooner, we know food insecurity is a massive issue that affects kids and schools are the easiest way to get undernourished kids some healthy food. weve known this for ages

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I’ll give you plastic straws if we can get rid of those stupid little plastic floss picks. One of the things I see tossed on the ground almost as much as plastic bags full of dog shit.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

the costs are offset by savings in the medical system by having kids properly nourished with healthy food during formative years

This part right here.

Long term strategy for long term gains.

Something we don't see enough of from governments at all levels.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1