Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

one of the absolute best things that can be done if they can see this through

huge positive long term ramifications too - i bet on a long enough timescale the costs are offset by savings in the medical system by having kids properly nourished with healthy food during formative years

wish this kind of stuff wasnt held in back pockets until election season though, why has this not been done sooner, we know food insecurity is a massive issue that affects kids and schools are the easiest way to get undernourished kids some healthy food. weve known this for ages

Also for anyone able to help you can donate to your local Starfish Backpack program. Helps feed kids during and after school.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sapper said:

He doesn't even need to hide it or deny it at this point .... PP supporters have given his hate filled rage politics the green light 

If hate is good work what can you call his political party other than ......alt  Right nationalist party of Canada 

Karl Rove playbook. Like I said before. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I’ll give you plastic straws if we can get rid of those stupid little plastic floss picks. One of the things I see tossed on the ground almost as much as plastic bags full of dog shit.

I grew up with paper straws.  You young uns are so entitled😂

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I’ll give you plastic straws if we can get rid of those stupid little plastic floss picks. One of the things I see tossed on the ground almost as much as plastic bags full of dog shit.

The bamboo cutlery is great.

3 hours ago, 112 said:

He didn't know the diagolon people at all or whatever they were.  But had been seen hand in hand with them a few years earlier.

Didn't know who or what a certain alt-far right group was at all but was seen hobnobbing with them, claiming he didn't know.  Except two years prior that group threatened his wife for not being white and he called them disgusting 

Didn't know that an individual walking across canada had specific leanings except of course when he was walking with him and he was widely known to be a visible and vocal part of the group who threatened his wife.

Didn't know the convoy wanted to overthrow the government except held up their manifesto and applauded it

It's almost like he's lying his ass off and catering to a very specific group.  Or at the very least accepting of their views and support

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He didn't know the diagolon people at all or whatever they were.  But had been seen hand in hand with them a few years earlier.

Didn't know who or what a certain alt-far right group was at all but was seen hobnobbing with them, claiming he didn't know.  Except two years prior that group threatened his wife for not being white and he called them disgusting 

Didn't know that an individual walking across canada had specific leanings except of course when he was walking with him and he was widely known to be a visible and vocal part of the group who threatened his wife.

Didn't know the convoy wanted to overthrow the government except held up their manifesto and applauded it

It's almost like he's lying his ass off and catering to a very specific group.  Or at the very least accepting of their views and support

all that pandering leads to violence.

Here's an example of how it starts

1:09 video and audio

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/video/9.6426172

This security footage video from a family in suburban Ottawa shows neighbours making racist remarks and throwing eggs at their home. The video went viral online and is sparking outrage across the city.

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

This security footage video from a family in suburban Ottawa shows neighbours making racist remarks and throwing eggs at their home. The video went viral online and is sparking outrage across the city.

These idiots need to go to jail. No room for that stupidity in Canada. Lock ‘em up. 

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

I saw that.  it's disgusting.  

The Rebel allowing their vehicle to be used in that manner is par for the course.  Pierre applauding that individual whom he obviously knew nothing about (wait for that response when it comes out that he was supporting a person that disgusting) even though he apparently knew him well enough to tell him to keep up the good work is par for the course.

When you piss enough people off you know what will happen.

Imagine if Pierre showed up somewhere and dozens of large vehicles flying f*ck Pierre flags showed up and 50-100 people came out screaming at him, threatening his family and his safety, mocking his very existence and his parentage and then started throwing rocks and gravel at him.

How do you think he'd respond?  Think he'd be more upset than when he was when asked about why Conservative supporters have been doing that to NDp and Liberal caucus members?

When yo u piss people off enough, eventually you will get what you were hoping for.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The bamboo cutlery is great.

Never tried it but it’s a win if it doesn’t make your ice cream  taste like wood. I’d eat with my fingers rather than use those little wooden spoons.🤢

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I saw that.  it's disgusting.  

The Rebel allowing their vehicle to be used in that manner is par for the course.  Pierre applauding that individual whom he obviously knew nothing about (wait for that response when it comes out that he was supporting a person that disgusting) even though he apparently knew him well enough to tell him to keep up the good work is par for the course.

When you piss enough people off you know what will happen.

Imagine if Pierre showed up somewhere and dozens of large vehicles flying f*ck Pierre flags showed up and 50-100 people came out screaming at him, threatening his family and his safety, mocking his very existence and his parentage and then started throwing rocks and gravel at him.

How do you think he'd respond?  Think he'd be more upset than when he was when asked about why Conservative supporters have been doing that to NDp and Liberal caucus members?

When yo u piss people off enough, eventually you will get what you were hoping for.

Gaslighting 101.  The division in the country is par of the course for the Trudeau regime.   A country full of lawlessness and you want to give this trash government more time after their 9 years of failure.

Unfortunately, we don't have to imagine of what Canada has become under Trudeau and the Liberals.

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Gaslighting 101.  This division in the country is par of the course for the Trudeau regime.   A country full of lawlessness and you want to give this trash governnent more time after their 9 years of failure.

What division? Not tolerating intolerant and selfish people? 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

What division? Not tolerating intolerant and selfish people? 

You don't believe Canada is divided? 

Edited by bolt

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

You don't believe Canada is divided? 

I think it's in the benefit of a lot of bad actors and foreign adversaries to convince us that we are.

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, DSVII said:

I think it's in the benefit of a lot of bad actors and foreign adversaries to convince us that we are.

I'd add the media to that. 

Many people who vote CPC do it for the taxes and aren't full froth Skippy sycophants.

Most of us still agree for the most part on the big issues still in Canada. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'd add the media to that. 

Many people who vote CPC do it for the taxes and aren't full froth Skippy sycophants.

Most of us still agree for the most part on the big issues still in Canada. 

Yep on the media agreed. 

Funny enough, if I was voting purely for my own financial self interest, it would be CPC and I have in the past, but there's bigger issues at stake here. 

Edited by DSVII
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, bolt said:

Gaslighting 101.  The division in the country is par of the course for the Trudeau regime.   A country full of lawlessness and you want to give this trash government more time after their 9 years of failure.

Unfortunately, we don't have to imagine of what Canada has become under Trudeau and the Liberals.

Gaslighting?

So that was not a Rebel News Media vehicle?  That was not ezras vehicle showing those?  That was not a solid near decade of people on the right screaming about immigrants and the like?  

You're aware these are LITERALLY Conservatives committing these acts right?  If they are doing this because of trudeau than this is not trudeau's fault this is a clear sign that the Conservative brand has devolved in to nothing more than what everyne on the further side of the left claim they have.

The only thing sadder is the excuses made to justfy it or allay blame

Most of us still agree on women's rights, health care, public education, a positive role for our military, international aid, some reasonable level of immigration...

Where exactly are we divided?

I see some mad conservatives. 

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Most of us still agree on women's rights, health care, public education, a positive role for our military, international aid, some reasonable level of immigration...

Where exactly are we divided?

I see some mad conservatives. 

Because most the issues you talk of the Liberals have been failures on it. 

You think people don't have a reason to be angry with how the Liberals are mis-managing the country? But I forgot nothing is their fault.

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Because most the issues you talk of the Liberals have been failures on it. 

You think people don't have a reason to be angry with how the Liberals are mis-managing the country?

Wanting better from a particular government doesn't mean we are "divided"

4 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:
  •  

Rebel News claims ownership of van under investigation by Toronto police hate crimes unit

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/rebel-news-claims-ownership-of-van-billboard-under-investigation-by-toronto-police-hate-crimes-unit-1.6934755

What are "things I am not surprised by", Alex. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1