Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Surprised PP didn’t show up for pictures and handshakes and tell them what a great job they’re doing. More in the link.

And yes they were part of the Freedom Convoy.

https://pressprogress.ca/save-the-children-convoy-finally-ends-leaving-farmer-with-piles-of-garbage-rancid-food-and-unpaid-bills/

Photo credit: Ron Clark, Gordon Berry, Norman Blanchfield (Facebook)

thumb-2024-06-03-save-the-children-convoy
NEWS

‘Save the Children Convoy’ Finally Ends, Leaving Farmer With Piles of Garbage, Rancid Food and Unpaid Bills

Leaders of conspiratorial ‘Save the Children Convoy’ end year-long protest by accusing one another of ‘smear campaigns’ and ‘disgraceful’ behaviour

by Luke LeBrun, Editor

As first reported by PressProgress last year, the Save the Children Convoy was a far-right movement that revolved around anti-LGBTQ paranoia, pedophile conspiracies, secret plans to jail politicians and replace Canada’s democratically-elected government.

The convoy group’s belief system was equally complicated, drawing inspiration from dizzying sources like QAnon, New Age spirituality and sovereign citizen ideologies.

Those are prime examples of what the PP conservatives are all about. Lies , playing the victim card , and so far removed from reality that it really is becoming sad just how badly brain washed they are

The start of all evil empires is the creation of a fictitious enemy that must be destroyed .... This is just the beginning sadly

A few years from now when PP is in power and nothing got cheaper , people are poorer and lose all hope of retirement there is going to be a very sad awakening of a generation that have been completely brainwashed by them

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Those are prime examples of what the PP conservatives are all about. Lies , playing the victim card , and so far removed from reality that it really is becoming sad just how badly brain washed they are

The start of all evil empires is the creation of a fictitious enemy that must be destroyed .... This is just the beginning sadly

A few years from now when PP is in power and nothing got cheaper , people are poorer and lose all hope of retirement there is going to be a very sad awakening of a generation that have been completely brainwashed by them

They will just blame trudeau. Alberta has been doing that for 50 years. 

• ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

16 hours ago, bolt said:

https://w05.international.gc.ca/projectbrowser-banqueprojets/project-projet/details/p012044001?wbdisable=true

"Five local organizations will receive support so they can mentor young women and men in terms of implementing nature-based solutions and adapting to climate change using gender-sensitive methods, even outside the project.  The project’s beneficiaries, who will receive training on positive masculinity, are estimated to be over 5,000 men"

$10 million, good to see the liberals taking climate change and positive masculinity in the Congo seriously.

Since you refused to post the ENTIRE project and ONLY posted EXACTLY what you wanted.  I will post it for you

Notice where the entirety of the project is around ensuring women in at risk areas for simply being women are the heart of the project?  The project that will allow for women to commit to agriculture, agri studies and bio diversity fields in severely at risk areas for women?

This is one of those instances where you have to be asked why you have a issue with women being trained, educated or helped to fend for themselves in nations where women don't even have the rights to feed themselves without permission

The Women in Action project aims to increase climate change adaptation among vulnerable girls and women in the agricultural and forestry sectors in Sud- and Nord-Kivu, with benefits in terms of the conservation and restoration of forest biodiversity. Project activities include: (1) developing and equipping sites for climate-smart agricultural and agroforestry practices and nature-based restoration solutions; (2) providing protected-area managers, community leaders and private operators with training on positive masculinity and gender-based violence, and supporting the establishment of mechanisms to protect the rights of young women and women; and (3) providing technical support to forest concessions in local communities in terms of developing and monitoring simple management plans that prioritize the conservation and restoration of biodiversity, and supporting young women’s and women’s adaptation to climate change. The project’s beneficiaries, who will receive training on positive masculinity, are estimated to be over 5,000 men. In addition, the living conditions and food security of over 30,000 household members, young women and women will improve. Five local organizations will receive support so they can mentor young women and men in terms of implementing nature-based solutions and adapting to climate change using gender-sensitive methods, even outside the project.

Expected results 

The expected results for this project include: (1) increased and more equitable adoption of nature-based climate change adaptation and restoration solutions by and for young women and women in the agricultural and forestry sectors by providing biodiversity conservation and restoration benefits; (2) young women and women have increased control of resources and decisions within their groups and households, which are needed for growth and adaptation to climate change—this also includes their income-generating activities with benefits for forest biodiversity; and (3) young women and women have increased influence on communities, public services and the private sector in terms of taking into account their climate change and biodiversity restoration and conservation rights, issues and solutions.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

Former Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi named new leader of Alberta NDP in resounding vote

CALGARY — Alberta New Democrats have chosen former Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi as their new leader.

terrific news. If anyone can break through the UCP wall its him. Always had a lot of respect for this guy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Conservatives avoid staking out clear position on supervised consumption sites

OTTAWA — As debate around the Liberals' drug policy dominated parts of the spring House of Commons sitting, the Conservatives are offering little insight into what approach they would take when it comes to supervised consumption sites.

10 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Conservatives avoid staking out clear position on supervised consumption sites

OTTAWA — As debate around the Liberals' drug policy dominated parts of the spring House of Commons sitting, the Conservatives are offering little insight into what approach they would take when it comes to supervised consumption sites.

Their silence is their answer.

• Upvote 1

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-sorry-justin-but-its-time-to-go-and-hopefully-soon

"I was a Jean Chretien guy, which means that I believe in being socially progressive and economically conservative. You, on the other hand, have a different approach: Spend like the drunkest drunken sailor and promote social policy favoured by the Deepest Annex Intersectional Pro-Hamas Front Hole Meatless Collective. Not Liberal, in other words."

11 minutes ago, bolt said:

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-sorry-justin-but-its-time-to-go-and-hopefully-soon

"I was a Jean Chretien guy, which means that I believe in being socially progressive and economically conservative. You, on the other hand, have a different approach: Spend like the drunkest drunken sailor and promote social policy favoured by the Deepest Annex Intersectional Pro-Hamas Front Hole Meatless Collective. Not Liberal, in other words."

Chrétien was a seriously tough mother too. Didn’t he pound some intruder? Poo Poo would crap himself if he had to go up against the Shawinian  Slasher. 

• ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, bolt said:

Another opinion column

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, bolt said:

I wonder who paid for that article?

In October 2019, the Globe and Mail reported that Kinsella's consulting firm, Daisy Group, had, according to an anonymous source, been hired by the Conservative Party of Canada to create a campaign attempting to discredit Maxime Bernier and the People's Party of Canada. Neither the Conservative Party nor Kinsella would confirm or deny that they are – or have been – working together.[30] Bernier filed a complaint to the Commissioner of Canada Elections.[31] On October 19, 2019, Kinsella deactivated his Twitter and Facebook accounts and posted a statement on his website that he is "pulling back from (social) media."[32] On October 22, 2019, Kinsella called on the Commissioner of Canada Elections to investigate the role that his own firm played.[33]

On 29 October 2019 Kinsella said on his podcast that he would not reveal the who hired his company, maintaining that it was protected by solicitor-client privilege but stated the campaign should have been disclosed earlier.[34] On November 2, Kory Teneycke cited Andrew Scheer handling of the Kinsella story to the Toronto Star as one of the example questioning Scheer future as the leader of the Conservative Party.[35] While, CBC revealed, on November 26, 2019, a recording describing Kinsella's contempt of Bernier and identified that Conservative campaign manager Hamish Marshall and co-chair, John Walsh knew about the campaign and were watching. Kinsella is heard telling the staff that they need to "draw blood".[36] After filing a $1 million lawsuit, Kinsella later settled out of court with the source; who was a former Daisy Employee, Aziza Mohammed.[37] On December, 08, the Globe and Mail, reported that it was a lack of clarity "what other activities were part of the project" and that "The Conservative Party will eventually have to report all of its spending and third-party contracts to Elections Canada"

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Another opinion column

Was it the “Deepest Annex Intersectional Pro-Hamas Front Hole Meatless Collective” that gave it away? Somehow it didn’t sound like Walter Cronkite to me…

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I wonder who paid for that article?

In October 2019, the Globe and Mail reported that Kinsella's consulting firm, Daisy Group, had, according to an anonymous source, been hired by the Conservative Party of Canada to create a campaign attempting to discredit Maxime Bernier and the People's Party of Canada. Neither the Conservative Party nor Kinsella would confirm or deny that they are – or have been – working together.[30] Bernier filed a complaint to the Commissioner of Canada Elections.[31] On October 19, 2019, Kinsella deactivated his Twitter and Facebook accounts and posted a statement on his website that he is "pulling back from (social) media."[32] On October 22, 2019, Kinsella called on the Commissioner of Canada Elections to investigate the role that his own firm played.[33]

On 29 October 2019 Kinsella said on his podcast that he would not reveal the who hired his company, maintaining that it was protected by solicitor-client privilege but stated the campaign should have been disclosed earlier.[34] On November 2, Kory Teneycke cited Andrew Scheer handling of the Kinsella story to the Toronto Star as one of the example questioning Scheer future as the leader of the Conservative Party.[35] While, CBC revealed, on November 26, 2019, a recording describing Kinsella's contempt of Bernier and identified that Conservative campaign manager Hamish Marshall and co-chair, John Walsh knew about the campaign and were watching. Kinsella is heard telling the staff that they need to "draw blood".[36] After filing a $1 million lawsuit, Kinsella later settled out of court with the source; who was a former Daisy Employee, Aziza Mohammed.[37] On December, 08, the Globe and Mail, reported that it was a lack of clarity "what other activities were part of the project" and that "The Conservative Party will eventually have to report all of its spending and third-party contracts to Elections Canada"

Consultants are whores. I know, I've been one for 20 years.

11 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Was it the “Deepest Annex Intersectional Pro-Hamas Front Hole Meatless Collective” that gave it away? Somehow it didn’t sound like Walter Cronkite to me…

Can someone explain "front hole"? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bolt said:

If it’s true that Dominic LeBlanc may be taking over the Liberal party then that at least is some good news that I’ve haven’t heard about yet. 

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If it’s true that Dominic LeBlanc may be taking over the Liberal party then that at least is some good news that I’ve haven’t heard about yet. 

The Mark Carney part is far more important. If the libs can convince jag to hang on during a leadership change, your buddy PP is in real trouble.

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Some other interesting reading on where our tax dollars go. 

all traceable to the govt of Canada website 

Smells a lot like money laundering 

Regardless

I prefer my tax dollars helping Canadians 

IMG_8036.jpeg

IMG_8037.jpeg

IMG_8038.jpeg

IMG_8039.jpeg

You've managed to tie false criminal accusations with a hint of racism, quite the feat.

• Cheers 2