Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Actually what she is saying is that 70% of dentists in Alberta aren’t even signed up for the program, so instead of going along with this rushed program that allowed Trudeau to stay in power, just give us the funding instead and we’ll figure it out ourselves. 

She can enjoy no funding then.

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Ultra-liberal

What the hell is that?   Is the next level Super Ultra-Liberal????  

What is the criteria to qualify as Ultra-liberal???

I think Laurier Club, i am just a member, not the president, lol.

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sadly Trudeau is being scapegoated by many as the sole reason for the inept performance of his tenure as PM. Absolutely he is a major factor. Bottom line is the incredibly weak bench strength of the Liberal Party. Yes, Trudeau signed off on all their nomination papers so it is on him. Trudeau had no credentials to be a PM and then he put no qualifications Freeland in as Finance Minister. Has there ever been a more devisive pairing in our history? Has there ever been more hogs at the trough than now? Unemployment rate of 6.1% in a country with help wanted adds in store windows and in print media.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What’s Poo Poo’s view on EVs? Will he push us in this direction?

Buyer’s remorse? Nearly half of EV owners plan to switch back to gas-powered cars, survey finds.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/06/26/business/ev-mckinsey-charging-cars-massachusetts-vehicles/

EVs are great where they make sense. Not sure why we can't have a sensible mix. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

EVs in cities for short commutes. Hybrids (your suggestion) are the way to go elsewhere. 
Im curious what Poo Poo is saying about moving more to EVs? Will he (Cons) cancel the rebate incentive the Liberals provide? 

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sadly Trudeau is being scapegoated by many as the sole reason for the inept performance of his tenure as PM. Absolutely he is a major factor. Bottom line is the incredibly weak bench strength of the Liberal Party. Yes, Trudeau signed off on all their nomination papers so it is on him. Trudeau had no credentials to be a PM and then he put no qualifications Freeland in as Finance Minister. Has there ever been a more devisive pairing in our history? Has there ever been more hogs at the trough than now? Unemployment rate of 6.1% in a country with help wanted adds in store windows and in print media.  

The other option is a career politician who has only lived at the trough. How does one accumulate the wealth he has living on a MP's salary? What are his credentials? As far as I can see he has never worked in the private sector in his life.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Alflives said:

EVs in cities for short commutes. Hybrids (your suggestion) are the way to go elsewhere. 

EVs for in town delivery trucks too.

Just now, Alflives said:

Im curious what Poo Poo is saying about moving more to EVs? Will he (Cons) cancel the rebate incentive the Liberals provide? 

I'd guess that he will cancel those.

He won't kill the battery factory or mining investments, but he will complain about the debt.

40 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

EVs for in town delivery trucks too.

I'd guess that he will cancel those.

He won't kill the battery factory or mining investments, but he will complain about the debt.

Except their pushing evs on everyone even where it doesn't make sense.  Same thing with heat pumps and we pay hundreds of millions if not billions on subsidies.  

Edited by bolt

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think he has to in order to keep all the monkeys in his circus

The pro oil group demands all supporters never question oil, never question their record profits and low taxes , attack everything to do with EV's and demand tax payers fund anything they want and pay the full bill as anything less must be taken as wanting to kill them and their workers lives 

I wish this was a joke but it isn't ..... The above is the clear message in all of their social media campaigns 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

50 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

EV's aren't like a Playstation. You have to see what your needs are, and if an EV makes sense. I find it funny 4 years ago all the Musk Fanboys were making fun of Toyota and it's push for hybrids. Now Toyota's have a wide range of hybrids, and they can't keep them in stock. I'm for anything that saves me money at the pump. But until either a) The charging infrastructure improves. b) New battery tech improves the speed of charging (Range would be a nice benefit too).

There's a difference between the growth of EV's isn't as strong, and the statement no one is buying them. It's just the massive growth spikes we've seen in the past are cooling down. A large problem is the cost of purchasing an EV's. The funny part is it's not like you buy the EV and you get a cheque for the rebate. You never see the rebate, it's just being knocked off the price. Hard for me as a renter to justify buying an EV. But a RAV4 hybrid is looking better and better.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

EV's aren't like a Playstation. You have to see what your needs are, and if an EV makes sense. I find it funny 4 years ago all the Musk Fanboys were making fun of Toyota and it's push for hybrids. Now Toyota's have a wide range of hybrids, and they can't keep them in stock. I'm for anything that saves me money at the pump. But until either a) The charging infrastructure improves. b) New battery tech improves the speed of charging (Range would be a nice benefit too).

There's a difference between the growth of EV's isn't as strong, and the statement no one is buying them. It's just the massive growth spikes we've seen in the past are cooling down. A large problem is the cost of purchasing an EV's. The funny part is it's not like you buy the EV and you get a cheque for the rebate. You never see the rebate, it's just being knocked off the price. Hard for me as a renter to justify buying an EV. But a RAV4 hybrid is looking better and better.

I'm still laughing at the idea I don't use electric power. 

At the time (3 years ago) a PHEV made the most sense for us. We get about 40km of full EV range, which pretty much means I never use gas in town. Hybrid mode for the highway for skiing. So for us its a great mix, and I haven't noticed any cold weather performance drop, other than maybe losing about 5km of range on really cold days.

We do need much better infrastructure, which will happen. Same with range, particularly if the solid state lithium batteries come online soon.

• Like 1