Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How does this differ from a guy who has never held a job, paid a bill, went grocery shopping, struggled to feed a kid, dealt with the public school or health care system and has all his expenses paid for?

And Justin Trudeau has done any of that? Excuse me?

Dude was born with a silver spoon in his mouth 

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

Just now, Warhippy said:

How does this differ from a guy who has never held a job, paid a bill, went grocery shopping, struggled to feed a kid, dealt with the public school or health care system and has all his expenses paid for?

This is why you are out of touch, because you keep going to this well. You don't get it, people want change. Justin is essentially the same. Weather you think it's right or not, that doesn't matter.

It also doesn't matter what I think, other than I think the Liberals are in trouble. There is a conservative wave sweeping across this country that is going to destroy JT and his form on liberals. We are seeing it now, even in BC with the resurgence of the BC conservatives, but political liberals think that everything is fine? Farking hell they are in for a shock

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

PP's adopted parents were both teachers and certainly not rich, he also only went to public school. He also worked as a paper boy, at Telus doing corporate collections, a journalist, and started his own company 3D Contact Inc. before being elected as a MP.

Edited by Bure_Pavel

3 hours ago, BabyCakes said:

What do you want here, are you discussing in good faith? Are you telling me everything is fine? Are you saying that healthcare is fine with the current amounts of immigration but it's just housing that's the problem?

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/02/23/bc-family-doctors-more-access/

700,000 freaking people don't have doctors in BC as of feb 2024. Is that acceptable?

https://creastats.crea.ca/board/vanc-migration

start using this: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-connect-registry 

3 hours ago, BabyCakes said:

We added 37,000 people so far this year who all presumably want healthcare along with the other 700,000. What else do you want?

you linked immigration with the healthcare crunch and I'm asking you to show me the proof. Are you saying that new immigrants use the system or more less than current citizens? are you telling me they are the biggest factor, or one of the smaller factors?

put some numbers to your claim, otherwise it doesn't mean much. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, BabyCakes said:

This is why you are out of touch, because you keep going to this well. You don't get it, people want change. Justin is essentially the same. Weather you think it's right or not, that doesn't matter.

It also doesn't matter what I think, other than I think the Liberals are in trouble. There is a conservative wave sweeping across this country that is going to destroy JT and his form on liberals. We are seeing it now, even in BC with the resurgence of the BC conservatives, but political liberals think that everything is fine? Farking hell they are in for a shock

Sorry I am out of touch?  for asking how the next PM is different than the current guy?
Why does this account and entire series of talking points sound so familiar?

I am not going to any well.  You're completely ignoring the truth here.  All the reasons you whine on however many accounts it has been about Trudeau, are the EXACT same criticisms of Pierre.  This is an inarguable fact and anything other than acceptance of voting out Trudeau to vote in Pierre is like ordering a cheeseburger from mcdonalds, not liking it and ordering a cheeseburger from mcdonalds pretending one is somehow different or better than the other

As for BC, we are not seeing a "resurgence" of a conservative party, we are seeing what is the true manifestation of the former BC Liberal party just under a more honest party name.

This woman spends 100% of her income on rent

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-rent-expensive-1.7240858

Demand for rentals is outpacing supply across the country, and people are struggling

But of course people in this thread will continue to try to act like this isn't a huge concern for people and a huge reason why JT and his band of merry men and women are going to get the boot

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

PP's adopted parents were both teachers and certainly not rich, he also only went to public school. He also worked as a paper boy, at Telus doing corporate collections, a journalist, and started his own company 3D Contact Inc. before being elected as a MP.

None of Pierres jobs were as an adult.  A paper boy?  Dude...a collections agent?  Seriously, that is not a positive.

If we're going to compare ok.

Trudeau was a teacher.  A snowboard/ski instructor.  He was the manager/head of two separate national programs for youth.  As an adult.

If we are comparing the apple to the orange here one of them is actually technically ripe while the other is just ripe.

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

start using this: https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-connect-registry 

you linked immigration with the healthcare crunch and I'm asking you to show me the proof. Are you saying that new immigrants use the system or more less than current citizens? are you telling me they are the biggest factor, or one of the smaller factors?

put some numbers to your claim, otherwise it doesn't mean much. 

I'd be very surprised to hear immigrants disproportionately use the system considering there is medical screening specifically designed to minimize this risk.

• Like 1

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Demand for rentals is outpacing supply across the country, and people are struggling

But of course people in this thread will continue to try to act like this isn't a huge concern for people and a huge reason why JT and his band of merry men and women are going to get the boot

Who controls the price of housing ricky?  Answer honestly.

Now 

What happens when the government takes over control of an industry taking private enterprise away from people to control it themselves?  What's the name for that?

Anyone who is stupid enough, yes I am using that word; stupid enough to believe that the government is the reason PRIVATE home owners who own investment properties, or corporations/REIT holding companies are charging so much; is stupid.  Period.

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd be very surprised to hear immigrants disproportionately use the system considering there is medical screening specifically designed to minimize this risk.

they also happen to be younger.

But let's see what baby has to say, maybe they have some numbers we don't know about. 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Who controls the price of housing ricky?  Answer honestly.

Now 

What happens when the government takes over control of an industry taking private enterprise away from people to control it themselves?  What's the name for that?

Anyone who is stupid enough, yes I am using that word; stupid enough to believe that the government is the reason PRIVATE home owners who own investment properties, or corporations/REIT holding companies are charging so much; is stupid.  Period.

I love these "gotcha" type questions. Do you truly believe none of the policy's the federal government implements has any intended or unintended affects on housing availability and cost? Whether rental or not?

Anyone who is stupid enough to believe the government policy doesn't have any affect deserves a PP prime minister run just on ignorance alone

10 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

thats horrible.

So, for real now, this needs government intervention. What is the CPC proposing along these lines?

Forget about the "gatekeeper" stuff, how will a PP government directly intervene here and make it better? 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry I am out of touch?  for asking how the next PM is different than the current guy?
Why does this account and entire series of talking points sound so familiar?

I am not going to any well.  You're completely ignoring the truth here.  All the reasons you whine on however many accounts it has been about Trudeau, are the EXACT same criticisms of Pierre.  This is an inarguable fact and anything other than acceptance of voting out Trudeau to vote in Pierre is like ordering a cheeseburger from mcdonalds, not liking it and ordering a cheeseburger from mcdonalds pretending one is somehow different or better than the other

As for BC, we are not seeing a "resurgence" of a conservative party, we are seeing what is the true manifestation of the former BC Liberal party just under a more honest party name.

Fill your boots dude! Reference some already out of date old provincial party and why they are trending to lose, and ignore reasons why the federal conservatives are crushing it is like ordering a cheeseburger from McDonalds. 😄

See ya old timer!

2 minutes ago, BabyCakes said:

Fill your boots dude! Reference some already out of date old provincial party and why they are trending to lose, and ignore reasons why the federal conservatives are crushing it is like ordering a cheeseburger from McDonalds. 😄

See ya old timer!

There he is.  Hey Clam/Armchair, wasn't sure how long it would take but you can't help yourself.

Note how many ex BC Liberals are in the BC Conservative ranks.  How many BC UNited members have now crossed the floor pre election.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, BabyCakes said:

See ya old timer!

thats a sad definition of "crushing it". Aim higher, son. 

12 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I love these "gotcha" type questions. Do you truly believe none of the policy's the federal government implements has any intended or unintended affects on housing availability and cost? Whether rental or not?

Anyone who is stupid enough to believe the government policy doesn't have any affect deserves a PP prime minister run just on ignorance alone

The government doesn't control the price of housing.

That's not a gotcha statement that's an inarguable fact.  people who keep blaming the price of housing on the government or on immigration and NOT on corporations that have been using housing as a line item on a balance sheet since 2008, or on people that bought homes for investments that they couldnt afford without charging insane rates while at effectively zero interest are deluded.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, BabyCakes said:

See ya old timer!

aKqjYi.gif

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Next Federal election is on, or before, Oct.20 2025.

480 days

480 days ago it was March 5 2023.

I'd  guess that the polling looked quite different then.

This suggests that the polling could look quite different in 480 days.

NPD was in the 20's!  

yeah it was pretty tight. But baby clam says cheeseburger or something so thats that. 

• Vintage 1