Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

You...don't see the similarities cropping up between the Evangelical movements and aspects of Sharia Law?

Really?

There's ZERO question if the promotion of Islamist beliefs was pushed by the government as hard and fast as Evangelical beliefs were that people would be up in arms and furious.  ironically, this anger would happen as Islamist beliefs would actually be so similar to evangelical beliefs effectively meaning that the same laws or restrictive laws would be enacted.  Just under a different set of rules

It's hilarious that they attempt to say that there is a difference 

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

The crabs, in the pot, enjoy the warm water... at first.

hey remember when US con's said Roe was safe under Trump? fun times.

Skippy can't do it the same way, but they do have a path to start meddling in women's rights up here. And he will allow it, there's no doubt after his little stunt visiting the evangelicals. 

• Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Still wouldn't have assaulted or molested as many kids as the big 3 religions 

Yeah, but they'd make kids listen to a story read by someone in drag.....so it's pretty much the same....

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're not wrong.

It is funny

main-qimg-7b25a7cedea579636617cd89f32e2050-pjlq.jpeg

Seems like the biggest difference is that the guys on the left gave up wearing the sheets a few decades ago.....

1 hour ago, Sapper said:

I wish people would stop referencing evangelicals as Christians .... They are not

A group of people that cherry pick a couple of items to interpret and demand along us comply .... And then turn a blind eye to everything else as it might limit their riches ? Yah thats not Christian on any level

They are a tax free club for morally self righteous zealots who are against anything that may cost them one cent .... But feel anyone not supporting their moral beliefs is the problem 

It's time we ended the tax free status of all.churches and offer tax breaks based solely on community support items that help everyone and not just their faithful

Why are my taxes funding these churches ?

sorry if that wasn't clear in my rants, its specially the evangelicals that I have an issue with. 

2 hours ago, bolt said:

What if the LGBQ movement was deemed as a religion?  

Religion is a personal choice of moral beliefs ( key here is that your personal religion should not be forced in anyone not interested ). A baby is born without religion and is raised in one and as an adult then confirms if you will in that religion 

And someone who is gay is not. It is who they are and unlike a religion  where you can choose to change or stop .... People that are gay isn't a belief but is who  they are ....

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, Sapper said:

For me it's all religion that should be excluded from automatic tax free status

A church that has community outreach programs such as food banks , drop in centres , soup kitchens etc that serve anyone .... Im perfectly happy with them getting tax breaks and even some funding to grow that valuable community help 

The churches that are nothing more that gathering places for their own .... Offer no community support beyond their flock , and attempt to influence government to restrict others freedoms .... Should be treated like the actual businesses they are and taxed 

Agree 200 %

5 hours ago, DSVII said:

The US Christian right does not represent all Christians. Let's get that part out of the way. And they have a real political agenda to blur the lines of separation of church and state.

I'm not talking about those who try to force their views on others, but rather people who practice religion in general. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Sapper said:

For me it's all religion that should be excluded from automatic tax free status

A church that has community outreach programs such as food banks , drop in centres , soup kitchens etc that serve anyone .... Im perfectly happy with them getting tax breaks and even some funding to grow that valuable community help 

The churches that are nothing more that gathering places for their own .... Offer no community support beyond their flock , and attempt to influence government to restrict others freedoms .... Should be treated like the actual businesses they are and taxed 

Eh, I don't mind the automatic tax free status provided the church does not meddle in secular politics (i.e the rights of abortion, same sex marriage, legalized weed etc...). 

Mega churches though, they need to be disbanded and their assets confiscated. Just grifters.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

hey remember when US con's said Roe was safe under Trump? fun times.

Skippy can't do it the same way, but they do have a path to start meddling in women's rights up here. And he will allow it, there's no doubt after his little stunt visiting the evangelicals. 

Skippy: visits some churches 

Bob: PP is going to take away abortion rights for women!!!  

26 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I'm not talking about those who try to force their views on others, but rather people who practice religion in general. 

And who was it that was saying anything about the latter group?  Not asking you to name names.  Just my way of saying I don't believe anyone has in this thread.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's funny to you huh?

Also I don't buy your shtick, you've said many times on here you are a true believer, you'd be quite happy with that outcome.

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His voting history clearly indicates he's not prepared to act like a civilized person with this issue.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

His voting history clearly indicates he's not prepared to act like a civilized person with this issue.

These guys think people don't see who they are, it's kind of cowardly imo.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

That's funny to you huh?

Also I don't buy your shtick, you've said many times on here you are a true believer, you'd be quite happy with that outcome.

Several posters have already called you out on your fear mongering schtick. It’s getting old. 

Please quote me on where I said I agree to remove abortion rights for women. I’ll wait. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Several posters have already called you out on your fear monkeying schtick. It’s getting old. 

Except I can back up everything I said. Hip did a nice job for me.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Please quote me on where I said I agree to remove abortion rights for women. I’ll wait. 

Just say it then, are you fully pro choice?

Edited by Bob Long