Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

29 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

drawing more than 100 "likes" on X

wow- 'more than 100"  .

current population of Canada is 39,107,046.

Personally I'm getting really tired of super small numbers being reported like there is some kind of major problem.

And as Bob mentioned- how many of those  likes were bot farm generated foreign agents?

I'm also starting to wonder just how many of the polls, we see every other 5 minutes, are skewed by bots?

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Gurn said:

wow- 'more than 100"  .

current population of Canada is 39,107,046.

Personally I'm getting really tired of super small numbers being reported like there is some kind of major problem.

And as Bob mentioned- how many of those  likes were bot farm generated foreign agents?

I'm also starting to wonder just how many of the polls, we see every other 5 minutes, are skewed by bots?

I can see your point but it was a local incident with likely - apart from international bots - local responses.   It's not big news but it's news.  It indicates that Conservative politicians really have to be carefully conservative these days.

And yes, troll farms are one of the biggest problems we have at the moment and it will probably just be getting worse.

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

https://torontosun.com/news/national/canada-ambassador-for-climate-change-racks-up-travel-expenses

"Expenses included business class airfare, and she travelled by air even when train service was available."

The polluting climate ambassador is competeting with Justin Trudeau for the most carbon emissions in Canada.  

Do as I say, not as I do is the new Liberal election slogan?

Edited by bolt
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

https://torontosun.com/news/national/canada-ambassador-for-climate-change-racks-up-travel-expenses

"Expenses included business class airfare, and she travelled by air even when train service was available."

The polluting climate ambassador is competeting with Justin Trudeau for the most carbon emissions in Canada.  

Hypocrisy :frantic:

19 minutes ago, bolt said:

Had she travelled business class via train she'd have actually spent more and we know you'd be here claiming she was wasting tax dollars by taking luxuriously long train trips instead of something faster like a plane

we get it.

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Had she travelled business class via train she'd have actually spent more and we know you'd be here claiming she was wasting tax dollars by taking luxuriously long train trips instead of something faster like a plane

we get it.

Train travel is more luxurious than first class air travel?  Was the orient express the only train running that day?

Edited by bolt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2024/rcmp-charges-federal-consultant-fraudulent-billing

the house of cards are beginning to fall.  

Corruption and incompetence.

This kind of skullduggery is not party specific. We've seen it before and will see it again no matter who is in power.   Thankfully the appropriate agencies found it out and took action.

"The Government of Canada is committed to taking action against improper, unethical and illegal business practices. We hold individuals and companies accountable for their misconduct while protecting federal expenditures. Public Services and Procurement Canada has safeguards in place to detect wrongdoing and protect the integrity of the federal procurement system. We thank the RCMP for their thorough investigation."

— Catherine Poulin, Assistant Deputy Minister, Department of Oversight Branch, Public Services and Procurement Canada.

"This investigation is a great example of collaboration between the RCMP and PSPC. It demonstrates that we are committed to keeping our nation safe, by protecting the integrity of the federal government and preventing the abuse of tax payers' dollars."
— Supt. Jeremie Landry, Officer in Charge, Sensitive and International Investigations Unit, RCMP Central Region.

36 minutes ago, bolt said:

She took a plane from Ottawa to Toronto. I’m assuming she owns an electric vehicle. So she could have just driven her car there. It’s a 4 hour drive. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

She took a plane from Ottawa to Toronto. I’m assuming she owns an electric vehicle. So she could have just driven her car there. It’s a 4 hour drive. 

I think people should be careful what they complain about.   Some recent post pointed out how much more the cons spend on travel than other parties. If the cons come to power will they walk everywhere? 

Do you know her schedule and if she had 4 hours available?  Do you know if she had to read 40 pages of documents on the way?  Or catch up on sleep? 

I think all we know is that this an opportunity for people to whine and chirp.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

15 minutes ago, bolt said:

Train travel is more luxurious than first class air travel?  Was the orient express the only train running that day?

You've never paid to take a train.  It's ok

18 minutes ago, bolt said:

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/news/2024/rcmp-charges-federal-consultant-fraudulent-billing

the house of cards are beginning to fall.  

Elitism, Corruption and incompetence.  But we should be OK with their disdain of taxpayer money.

In 2021 an all party committee agreed to all spending related to covid and government contracts.

This is a good thing and every penny should be clawed back 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You've never paid to take a train.  It's ok

A first class air ticket between ottawa and Toronto is cheaper than taking the train? 

Edited by bolt

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

we get it.

I forgot all Government employee must travel in first class.  It's also important that the climate change ambassador doesn't think of their carbon footprint.

Edited by bolt
  • ThereItIs 1

Oh no, someone flew in a plane.  Meanwhile one of our MP's (a CON) here in PG racked up among the highest travel budgets.  Eclipsing that of other Northern BC MP's and following in the footsteps of former MP Harris.  Harris spent most of his last term in office living in Osoyoos and was a career backbencher, yet spent tons on travel. 

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cy79dq2n093o

Another accomplishment for the Liberal Governement.   Maybe 8 more years of the Liberal plan will bring in better results?

Can you explain just how the liberal government is involved?  If most of this is happening in Ontario wouldn't  Doug Ford's PCP be to blame (if we are to blame governments)?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Can you explain just how the liberal government is involved?  If most of this is happening in Ontario wouldn't  Doug Ford's PCP be to blame (if we are to blame governments)?

You think it's just a coincidence the crime rate has been on an upward trajectory since 2015 (ie the election of Justin Trudeau)?

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/statscan-numbers-show-crime-and-shootings-spike-under-trudeau

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rahim-mohamed-crime-is-rising-in-canada-and-liberals-cant-seem-to-find-a-solution

Edited by bolt
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, bolt said:

I forgot all Government employee must travel in first class.  It's also important that the climate change ambassador doesn't think of their carbon footprint.

Let me know when Poilivre and the rest of the CPC start traveling in coach.

1 minute ago, bolt said:

You think it's just a coincidence the crime rate has been on a upward trajectory since 2015 (ie the election of Justin Trudeau)?

I'm not sure if coincidence is the correct term.   Let's just say I do not see a direct relationship.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/jonathan-pedneault-resigns-from-green-party-leaving-elizabeth-may-as-sole-leader/ar-BB1pFRHK?bncnt=BroadcastNews_BreakingNews&ocid=msedgdhp&FORM=BNC001&cvid=9963895acdf84f599c2b916a5bcfcc80&ei=7

"

OTTAWA — The man who was chosen by Green Party members to be co-leader with Elizabeth May says he's resigning.

Jonathan Pedneault says he is leaving for personal reasons and that it’s been an honour to serve beside May and the party’s other member of Parliament, Mike Morrice.

Pedneault, who does not have his own seat in Parliament, says he is proud to have worked on rebuilding the party and stabilizing its base.

May says she is "heartbroken" by his decision and she remains committed to the co-leadership model she sought after the 2021 federal election.

In the party's 2022 leadership race, May and Pedneault were chosen to lead the party together pending a change to the party's constitution, with Pedneault formally serving as a deputy leader since then.

May also confirmed today that she plans to run in her Vancouver Island riding in the next election.

The Green Party in Canada, both Federally and in BC in particular have utterly and completely sabotaged their own agenda and are in my opinion a complete and utter joke undeserving of a single vote. The federal and BC wing of the Greens only serve to elect Conservatives at this point in time and have failed their supporters in so many ways. There was a moment in Canadian politics where the party mattered, and we are easily 15 years beyond that point now. 

Sonya Fursteneau leads the BC greens and after reaching her golden handshake time period where she now qualifies for the pension from the BC Legislature, she after being invisible in the Cowichan Valley riding as our MLA, has opted to move to Victoria to run against a popular NDP MLA who got 55% of the vote last time: ergo she has designed her own defeat so she can retire. Not in it for US at all, just in it for Sonya. Booooooo.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Let me know when Poilivre and the rest of the CPC start traveling in coach.

Let me know when the climate ambassdors think about their carbon footprint.  And actually Pierre routinely flies coach because he's not a coward like the narcissistic child we have in office.  

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

You think it's just a coincidence the crime rate has been on an upward trajectory since 2015 (ie the election of Justin Trudeau)?

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/statscan-numbers-show-crime-and-shootings-spike-under-trudeau

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rahim-mohamed-crime-is-rising-in-canada-and-liberals-cant-seem-to-find-a-solution

You have edited your post since I replied so I will reply again.   I have often seen people complain about articles from CBC or CNN or some other 'woke' news sources.   I will complain about these two sources and repeat what I said last time you posted the National Post one.   It ignores all other factors and merely cheerfully points out the numbers were lower under Harper.   A short sighted point of view to please short sighted people.

Crime is an important problem and I'm interested in information regarding it.   I just want to see it reported on without the obvious political spin. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Tell me how things are better since electing the Liberals in 2015?

-Taxes?

-Crime?

-Social cohesion?

-Traffic?

-ER wait times?

-Doctors per capita?

-Housing?

-Quality of Life?

Edited by bolt
  • Wiener 1