Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You're still constantly defending that neo-Nazi piece of shit in this thread though.  You are openly advocating for Poilivre to be permitted to commit the crimes against humanity that he wants to.

PP isn't a Nazi, so I'm not defending any Nazi's in this thread...

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

see you say that, even after being shown proof of his voting record and the bills he's let his backbenchers put forward. 

Paul Martin was the brains behind that. We need another guy like him not Helmut head Harper. Hey look, I think I see Mark Carney over there.... 

Look, if Trudeau, Freeland and the rest of them want to call it a day, then I COULD see Carney potentially making a move.  So now how do you get that to happen?  Any thoughts?  

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Abortion is not even an issue for the next election, it's only an issue in this thread

Pretty sure some Con MP's have been talking about it, think one even introduced a bill? I swear I saw a lady yelling about it too.

Has PP said he would not allow a back bench motion from his party?

I remember Otoole, maybe it was Sheer...i dunno one of the other great Con picks wouldnt say no to a backbench and it cost him a bit with the voters. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Look, if Trudeau, Freeland and the rest of them want to call it a day, then I COULD see Carney potentially making a move.  So now how do you get that to happen?  Any thoughts?  

I don't see that as a condition, why would it be? just because PP's firehose of bullshit has tried to tarnish Freeland it doesn't mean Carney wouldn't see her as a valuable team member, particularly for the upcoming trade negotiations. 

Trudeau of course would need to step aside, and I hope he does. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

climbing shoes

Climbing is fooking hard man.

I think a rock climber won the perfect 100 ( season one) fitness show on Netflix. Fun show btw, for the overdubs alone. 

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

PP isn't a Nazi, so I'm not defending any Nazi's in this thread...

He's absolutely a neo-Nazi with the  barbaric beliefs he wants to inflict on Canadians and his history of supporting domestic terrorism.  He hasn't earned the right to be treated like people.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Canada subsidizes corporations in some fashion or outright to a tune of $52 BILLION a year.

Maybe that's a good pace to start.  What would an additional $52 billion look like to our finances as opposed to going to corporations who are making record profits every quarter since late 2020 as per the latest data from 2022?

Federally and provincially a total of over $350 billion in corporate welfare between 2007-2019

That's a good start isn't it?

$52 billion a year pays off our interest payment on our debt.  That's about it.  So, it's not as much money as you think, but it would help.

IMO, major cuts need to happen.  Hard decisions will need to be made.  I already said to expect a capital gains tax on your principal residence, or some kind of an equity tax.  Which is currently being talked about in a liberal "think tank".  So, expect some new taxes to arrive.  And social programs being cut, and so on.

PP was talking about how he could withhold federal funding for new transit lines if the municipalities don't increase density around rapid transit.  In Vancouver, the NDP has made major changes to that this year.  Not sure about the rest of the country though.  At least on the surface that seems like a logical idea to me...

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Climbing is fooking hard man.

I think a rock climber won the perfect 100 ( season one) fitness show on Netflix. Fun show btw, for the overdubs alone. 

well, as much as I would like to claim that level of fitness, I never got close to that 😂 I topped out at about 5.11 outside 5.13 in the gym if that means anything to you. Kids now tho are in insane shape, like little monkeys. I started too late in life to get anywhere close to kids now. 

For me the recovery time was starting to get hard, and last year I ripped a muscle thats just now to the point where I don't feel it anymore. Ah well, fun while it lasted.

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

She was good against Trump.

Looks like we may need her again.

yep. The same characters are still in Trumps inner circle, still giving the same stupid tariff advice. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Pretty sure some Con MP's have been talking about it, think one even introduced a bill? I swear I saw a lady yelling about it too.

Has PP said he would not allow a back bench motion from his party?

I remember Otoole, maybe it was Sheer...i dunno one of the other great Con picks wouldnt say no to a backbench and it cost him a bit with the voters. 

Pretty sure the CPC is not entertaining any changes to abortion.  We've been through this in this thread.  But I'm sure it will be brought up again closer to the election.  

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

well, as much as I would like to claim that level of fitness, I never got close to that 😂 I topped out at about 5.11 outside 5.13 in the gym if that means anything to you. Kids now tho are in insane shape, like little monkeys. I started too late in life to get anywhere close to kids now. 

For me the recovery time was starting to get hard, and last year I ripped a muscle thats just now to the point where I don't feel it anymore. Ah well, fun while it lasted.

Google says 5.13 is 'very difficult'.

You cant fool me. You're a champ.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pretty sure the CPC is not entertaining any changes to abortion.  We've been through this in this thread.  But I'm sure it will be brought up again closer to the election.  

then how do you explain the bill the backbencher put forward? 

• Cheers 1

I know and I dont want to go into it again.

But you said it was only being discussed in this thread.

So just one question...

Do you know if PP has said he would block a backbench thingy about abortion, if it came up?

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Google says 5.13 is 'very difficult'.

very very dependent on the situation (indoor vs outdoor) and your body type. E.g., some guys are excellent crack climbers and can wedge their fingers into ridiculous spaces. Others are better at things like slab climbing (which is the one I liked). Some people are great at one and can't do shit on the other. Gym climbing is a lot easier than outside as well, so you can usually go 2-3 ratings higher inside than outside. 

I can imagine MMA is similar, some guys are probably really good at one move and shite at others, but I don't know I've never tried it. 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know and I dont want to go into it again.

But you said it was only being discussed in this thread.

So just one question...

Do you know if PP has said he would block a backbench thingy about abortion, if it came up?

From his own mouth...

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

From his own mouth...

So, you know that didnt answer the question.

She asked him if he will take away a womens right.

Was he saying no to ever allowing one of these backbench mofos? Was I hearing it wrong? do you have a clip that specifically addresses that question?

Just now, bishopshodan said:

So, you know that didnt answer the question.

She asked him if he will take away a womens right.

Was he saying no to ever allowing one of these backbench mofos? Was I hearing it wrong? do you have a clip that specifically addresses that question?

Do backbenchers have the ability to create laws?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

You re now answering questions with questions.

I will take that as a 'no', he has never said he would stop a back bench foolary. So, he is similar to Sheer and Otoole on that and as I am pointing out to you...it hurt the cons in the past and it might again. 

they have the ability to initiate them. PP can put it to an open vote and not break his "promise" of not bringing it forward himself. 

He's also going to stack the federal courts with judges who will be open to new arguments, imo. 

• Cheers 1