Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The current Liberal government is as far from fiscally smart as you can get. 

its not good, thats for sure. I don't see Skippy with any plan e.g., to reduce the deficit any time soon, and he's not planning on meeting our NATO target either. So whats there for me to vote for? 

Now this otoh:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I will.

Best way to do that is stop PP and his hatred. 

Trudeau has spewed hatred and division in this country for many years. If you ever listen to him talk that’s his whole schtick. 

It’s the same in the US. These politicians want to divide you. That’s how they acquire their power and that’s how they control you. 

It’s been this way for a very long time. It’s worse now though than it ever has been. Everything in life is left or right. It’s always about your political beliefs. 

I remember when it wasn’t this way. That was a long time ago. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its not good, thats for sure. I don't see Skippy with any plan e.g., to reduce the deficit any time soon, and he's not planning on meeting our NATO target either. So whats there for me to vote for? 

Now this otoh:

Perhaps he should have ran in 2015. Instead they had to give the leadership to Trudeau’s son. You know, carry on the legacy. What qualifications did Trudeau have to run this country?  And yes PP doesn’t have any either. 

Trudeau as PM. And Freeland as Finance Minister. In hindsight we should have known what was going to happen. Mind you, I voted for Trudeau in 2015. So I take full responsibility for that. 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trudeau has spewed hatred and division in this country for many years. If you ever listen to him talk that’s his whole schtick. 

Some might say JT has just called it out when he's seen it.   Some might say the cons do more spewing.   

I'm beginning to think your choice of who is spewing the most just depends on your point of view and preconceived notions.  🤣

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s the same in the US. These politicians want to divide you. That’s how they acquire their power and that’s how they control you. 

It’s been this way for a very long time. It’s worse now though than it ever has been. Everything in life is left or right. It’s always about your political beliefs. 

I remember when it wasn’t this way. That was a long time ago. 

Agree EP.

JT has to go. Politicians do divide.

that post the Jim-bob  put up by Carney is a breath of fresh air though huh? no wonder you like the guy.

BTW, I am happy we chat again. You know I value communication very highly. 

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Some might say JT has just called it out when he's seen it.   Some might say the cons do more spewing.   

I'm beginning to think your choice of who is spewing the most just depends on your point of view and preconceived notions.  🤣

The hatred comes from both sides. I will admit that. But as PM Trudeau should have toned it down a long time ago. 

It’s the same in the US. It’s actually worse down there. Their legacy media eats it up and spits it out on a daily basis. I wouldn’t be surprised if the US goes into civil war soon. Both sides seem to keep pushing their base for it. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Perhaps he should have ran in 2015. Instead they had to give the leadership to Trudeau’s son. You know, carry on the legacy. What qualifications did Trudeau have to run this country?  And yes PP doesn’t have any either. 

Trudeau as PM. And Freeland as Finance Minister. In hindsight we should have known what was going to happen. Mind you, I voted for Trudeau in 2015. So I take full responsibility for that. 

Now compare to Carneys message on July 1 

Edited by Bob Long

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Agree EP.

JT has to go. Politicians do divide.

that post the Jim-bob  put up by Carney is a breath of fresh air though huh? no wonder you like the guy.

BTW, I am happy we chat again. You know I value communication very highly. 

Carney is similar to Paul Martin. Having a strong financial background is critical in fixing this country.

Chretien was the lawyer and Martin was the finance guy. They made a good team for a long time. Fast forward to today and we have a school teacher and a history major running the country. 

PP is no better. Not gonna lie. Singh is actually a lawyer. So he’s actually probably smarter than all of them. 

You know the Liberal party is screwed when a guy like PP can poll 20+ points ahead of them. Even the millennials and gen z’ers are turning on Trudeau. But his ego is too big to resign. The Democrats can’t even get an 81 year old man with dementia to quit. So not sure how anyone is going to convince Trudeau to do it. 

Both parties need a major overhaul. We are in a critical time period in this country. And we have shit for leaders. It’s sad really. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Democrats can’t even get an 81 year old man with dementia to quit. So not sure how anyone is going to convince Trudeau to do it.

I'm agreeing a lot with what you are saying today. 

But this pops out to me.

Canada and the US are two different countries. Biden and JT are two different people.  Just cause the US dems might be in one situation, it doesnt mean we will be too.

That said, I dont think Biden or JT make it the next election. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Carney is similar to Paul Martin. Having a strong financial background is critical in fixing this country.

Chretien was the lawyer and Martin was the finance guy. They made a good team for a long time. Fast forward to today and we have a school teacher and a history major running the country. 

PP is no better. Not gonna lie. Singh is actually a lawyer. So he’s actually probably smarter than all of them. 

You know the Liberal party is screwed when a guy like PP can poll 20+ points ahead of them. Even the millennials and gen z’ers are turning on Trudeau. But his ego is too big to resign. The Democrats can’t even get an 81 year old man with dementia to quit. So not sure how anyone is going to convince Trudeau to do it. 

Both parties need a major overhaul. We are in a critical time period in this country. And we have shit for leaders. It’s sad really. 

I've said it here before, yet get called out as a PP lover. People who are centrists and even liberals do not like Trudeau. He and is brand are tanking.

Me and my hardcore provincial NDP friends just don't like they guy. They and myself are not going to vote for him...

***Before all you guys here think and get all twisted up that we are automatically going to vote PP cause we are not voting liberal, just stop with your assumptions...stop

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, BabyCakes said:

I've said it here before, yet get called out as a PP lover. People who are centrists and even liberals do not like Trudeau. He and is brand are tanking.

Me and my hardcore provincial NDP friends just don't like they guy. They and myself are not going to vote for him...

***Before all you guys here think and get all twisted up that we are automatically going to vote PP cause we are not voting liberal, just stop with your assumptions...stop

Then vote for Singh.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I need clarification on this.

What hatred and division has he spewed?

• ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, BabyCakes said:

I'm gonna vote for whomever I want, don't tell me otherwise. Probably Singh as a protest but I might spoil it as well

Just a suggestion since you clearly won't vote for Trudeau and at least aren't committed to destroying the country by voting for Poilivre.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Just a suggestion since you clearly won't vote for Trudeau and at least aren't committed to destroying the country by voting for Poilivre.

Just because I(and others) won't vote Trudeau, doesn't mean we won't vote Liberal when the time comes

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I need clarification on this.

What hatred and division has he spewed?

If promoting equity, promoting equality, calling out racism and calling out sexism makes someone hateful and divisive then call me the most hateful and divisive M F'er in the goddamn country.  I'll be with JT on this one every day that ends in Y.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

If promoting equity, promoting equality, calling out racism and calling out sexism makes someone hateful and divisive then call me the most hateful and divisive M F'er in the goddamn country.  I'll be with JT on this one every day that ends in Y.  

People keep saying that and they can only point to the same two soundbites taken out of a larger comment in response to peoples crappy behaviour and attitudes.

I just want to know what divisive hatred he has been spewing.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

People keep saying that and they can only point to the same two soundbites taken out of a larger comment in response to peoples crappy behaviour and attitudes.

I just want to know what divisive hatred he has been spewing.

Damn those libs and their divisive rhetoric.

IMG_1657.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

47 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Damn those libs and their divisive rhetoric.

IMG_1657.jpeg

Danielle Smith

"The left needs to tone down the rhetoric and threats and violent statements against the right"

• ThereItIs 1