Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

28 minutes ago, bolt said:

Meanwhile our incompetent PM is vacationing in Tofino for another 8 days.  Maybe we'll get a statement from him when he's done vacationing.  

Like our leader or not this is sad.

I will add the Prime Minister handled it really well.

Family time should be just that, family time.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You are really grasping at straws with this one Bolt.  I'm not sure you care how weak an argument is as long as there is a chance to blame the left for something.

They've gotta find some way to fuck Trudeau, you know.  Their life won't be complete otherwise.  :classic_rolleyes:

When quality doesn't exist, pretty obvious their approach is quantity - even if the vast majority of their "quantity" is absolute bullshit.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bolt said:

Meanwhile our incompetent PM is vacationing in Tofino for another 8 days.  Maybe we'll get a statement from him when he's done vacationing.  

All I got out of that is the interviewer is an absolute asshole.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I  swear, the rebel media and its affiliates find the most repugnant, awful and annoyingly invasive people ever.  The end of that interview is just absolute trash.  Full marks to trudeau for taking 8 minutes to deal with what is obviously a hostile individual who went across country after chasing him down numerous times calling him a traitor and worse just to hope for a gotcha moment while he was on vacation.  

If there was ever a punchable face/voice for the right wing internet media in Canada this is it

This is the equivalent of a Canucks beat writer tracking down Petey in Sweden and badgering him about his playoff performance while he's out with friends back home.  We'd all be calling for that reporter's head, and rightfully so.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

All I got out of that is the interviewer is an absolute asshole.

Man, that made JT look really good. Doubt that was the intent of the piece. 

There was a ex-Rebel reporter on the radio a while back. He spoke of how toxic that company is. 

They internally promote focusing on negative, dramatic, divisive, news. He claimed that they would actually joke about ' dont let the facts get in the way of a good story'

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, bolt said:

Jesus H.....this is so fucking weak.....:picard:

Trudeau is not obligated to give time to every idiot who pretends to be a journalist, but is just trying to score political points.....and when he is on vacation, he isn't obligated to answer anyone's questions....

The fact that you think you scored something by posting this garbage says everything about you.....

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Works even better substituting "conservative" for "liberal".  You can even cut out the partisan leanings and it makes sense just fine.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Weird that looks just like republican america and numerous parts of conservative alberta.

Do you have anything smart to add or?

I think he forgot to post this as well:

20240726_131538.jpg.48c0b9f52a5f6facdc06006353202f9dcopy.jpg.1141d54174022c82c6f96402295c354d.jpg

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Weird that looks just like republican america and numerous parts of conservative alberta.

Do you have anything smart to add or?

No.  Just demonstrating his blatant bias.  He accuses the majority of posters in this thread of having bias in JT's favour.  

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, bolt said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ev-battery-materials-plant-loyalist-township-halts-construction-1.7276431

Why does the Liberals always bet on the obvious losing horse? How many billions are the taxpayer losing here?  

The Libs?

Seems the Conservative Ford government in ontario was slated to invest almost as much as the feds.  Also seems that it was a corporate decision due to market forces and China.  But at this point no money from either level has gone in to the project.

Does this ever compute or is it always just "lIbRuLz BaD"?

The project carried a total price tag of up to $2.76 billion and was projected to create 600 jobs in the region back in 2023. According to a news release at the time from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada, the federal government was slated to invest up to $551.3 million. 

The province was to pay up to $424.6 million, but a source familiar with the project said that as of Friday, no provincial money has flowed to Umicore.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

No.  Just demonstrating his blatant bias.  He accuses the majority of posters in this thread of having bias in JT's favour.  

It's weird. He has a vibe of ..I saw some bias so now i am going to do it without considering any discussion. He just keeps posting away like a bot, some really silly stuff too. 

This thread has about 2, maybe 3, peope that want JT to remain in power. But in his and a few others eyes, it's everyone, its' an echo chamber.

It's almost like some just want to swim around in hate for JT and when people point out rational things...they project ' you love JT!' .

It's not happening, there's not many JT lovers in here. 

• Cheers 3

Meanwhile, this will go over very well I am sure and will absolutely not result in the usual cries from people making the same usual claims they always will.

Yes you can build playgrounds and houses but things for the armed forces no.  Why?  because it's our money and we're giving it to you based on specific conditions that do not involve or allow for the use of said money for armed services.  Oh you're using it for the thing we said you couldn't?  OK no more money for you and we'd like what we gave you this year back.

Oh you don't agree so you're suing us?

Ok then.

The Jewish National Fund of Canada (JNF) is taking the minister of national revenue to court, arguing a decision to revoke its charitable status was "flawed and fundamentally unfair."

"Today's legal appeal will allow JNF Canada's concerns to be considered before an impartial legal process," JNF National President Nathan Disenhouse said in a statement released Thursday.

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) conducted an audit of JNF Canada's operations over a complaint that it used charitable donations to build infrastructure for the Israel Defence Forces (IDF), in violation of Canadian tax rules. 

The JNF funds numerous projects in Israel, such as reforestation efforts and the construction of playgrounds. However, as CBC News previously reported in 2019, it has also funded infrastructure projects on Israeli army, air and naval bases.

In its guide for Canadian registered charities carrying out activities outside Canada, the CRA states plainly that "increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of Canada's armed forces is charitable, but supporting the armed forces of another country is not."

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, bolt said:

So this is your "alt news" huh? no wonder your anger is so misdirected. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Joe King said:

Like our leader or not this is sad.

I will add the Prime Minister handled it really well.

Family time should be just that, family time.

He did handle it well

However, when you take the job as PM sometimes family time can be cut short for issues such as 30% of Jasper burning down.  

Edited by bolt
  • Confused 1
  • Wiener 1

56 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Yes I admitted my bias to the Conservatives but you and others have no bias in favor of Justin? 

I'm pretty sure if Jasper burnt down during PPs time as PM you would be all over him but yeah if you have to say you have no bias to your echo chamber..

Edited by bolt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, bolt said:

Yes I admitted my bias my the Conservatives and you have no bias in favor of Justin?  I'm pretty sure if Jasper burnt down during PPs time as PM you would be all over him but yeah if you have to say you have no bias.

why are you so desperate to "side" every issue? just can't see the world any other way anymore I guess. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

why are you so desperate to "side" every issue? just can't see the world any other way anymore I guess. 

Touche to yourself (almost 13000 posts) who must be on this forum all day to "side" on absolutely everything.

Edited by bolt
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Touche to yourself (almost 13000 posts) who must be on this forum all day to "side" on absolutely everything.

So what, I have a lot of conversations with people on here. How could that possibly matter to you?

You just don't seem to have a thought of your own on any of these issues. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, bolt said:

Yes I admitted my bias to the Conservatives but you and others have no bias in favor of Justin? 

I'm pretty sure if Jasper burnt down during PPs time as PM you would be all over him but yeah if you have to say you have no bias to your echo chamber..

Jim-Bob wants JT to step aside. He likes Carney. I learned about Carney and many other things from the bright minds on this site. If you just relax a bit and have some convos you would too. It's not all onesided, its not an echo chamber. The two up votes you got ( so far) on this post of yours i quoted are from two very smart dudes that dont 'love JT'. You made that post 20ish mins ago. that kinda proves that there is not just one type of thinking in here.

But to you....if one doesn't scream blue murder about JT they love him. Thats not the case

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Jim-Bob wants JT to step aside. He likes Carney. I learned about Carney and many other things from the bright minds on this site. If you just relax a bit and have some convos you would too. It's not all onesided, its not an echo chamber. The two up votes you got ( so far) on this post of yours i quoted are from two very smart dudes that dont 'love JT'. You made that post 20ish mins ago. that kinda proves that there is not just one type of thinking in here.

But to you....if one doesn't scream blue murder about JT they love him. Thats not the case

this is the issue with people too deep in on PP's messaging. They don't really know how else to respond to an issue.

I'm old enough to know how the political cycles work. It seems like Canada wants to play with conservatism again. Its like getting mad at the wind, every once in a while it blows another way.

But the real disservice is to people thinking PP is going to fix anything. He's not, he really doesn't have a plan. We deserve so much better than this guy. 

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

this is the issue with people too deep in on PP's messaging. They don't really know how else to respond to an issue.

I'm old enough to know how the political cycles work. It seems like Canada wants to play with conservatism again. Its like getting mad at the wind, every once in a while it blows another way.

But the real disservice is to people thinking PP is going to fix anything. He's not, he really doesn't have a plan. We deserve so much better than this guy. 

I dont like much I have heard from him so far. 

It's like he just sees what is working ( for now) in the states and spreds the fear.

That said, the election is a way off. Some that support PP point that out and state he doesn't need to have a plan, yet.

Not sure what i think of that but I will accept it. 

Still, for us public, we need to talk and learn from each other. Instead of saying 'your guy sucks' all the time, maybe focus on ' my guy is better' and try to provide reasons. I'm guilty of it sometimes but the JT stuff is over the top imo

Edited by bishopshodan
removed my highschool analogy, didnt like it
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont like much I have heard from him so far. 

It's like he just sees what is working ( for now) in the states and spreds the fear.

That said, the election is a way off. Some that support PP point that out and state he doesn't need to have a plan, yet.

Not sure what i think of that but I will accept it. 

Still, for us public, we need to talk and learn from each other. Instead of saying 'your guy sucks' all the time, maybe focus on ' my guy is better' and try to provide reasons.

The ' you love JT ' shit is childish. 

It's like when in school ( cause its childish) you might defend a girl because she may not deserve the ridiculous level of ridicule over something. Then your friends are like ' eww, she's not hot ....ewww, no one likes her....eww, you love her!!!'

Most my friends got what used to be called a 'dead arm' from me. It was a nice way of punching a buddy without breaking things.

If you're going to bill yourself as "PM in waiting" which PP actually does, then yeah, you had better be putting a plan forward. 

So far it's basically he can't do anything new, because the economy is a "dumpster fire" which isn't true but he says it. Or a few programs that he'll cut, like safe supply places. 

Cutting programs isn't a plan. Any monkey can do that. 

Letting PP off the hook because you hate Trudeau is giving a politician a blank cheque. Thats never a good idea, no matter what colour their flag is. 

• Cheers 1