Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, Sapper said:

It they have pitted person against person 

One of my neighbours has always put up a pride sign each year leading up to pride events. I asked her a few years back what the connection is ( she is elderly ) and I know she is married ( husband ) …. She said it was just a personal thing ….

she hasn’t put it up now for a few years and it started with the house across from her that is a very loud F Trudeau renters with flags flying in each 3/4 ton truck and F Teudeau signs.   She doesn’t feel comfortable with that in her neighborhood expressing her freedom 

that’s what I meant about ripping us apart …. Not that we are split down the middle population wise

the PP hate mongers are very loud , very vocal and very visual. It makes many feel unsafe expressing opinions that are different … in public

beinf kind or supportive isn’t woke or radical ( I know you know that ) ….. but the bullies under PP’s circus tent have succeeded in silencing many Canadians from disagreeing or publicly at voicing support for the enemies of the PP klan

a few years ago an anti gay protest would have been shunned as hateful. Now the protest group is cheared and on social media anyone calling out the hate is relentlessly attacked as a commie or worse 

the effect of PP conservatives is neighbours against each other …… something which is very un canadian 

Ah ok. Yes absolutely this is PPs legacy already. 

Emboldening people like this has been on the con agenda for some time.

The online stuff is where Skippy really shines.

It's interesting to look at the polls though. PP himself is not hugely popular, even though the CPC is up.

That tells me there's still people in the middle who want a change from Trudeau more than a shift to PP.

8 minutes ago, Sapper said:

the effect of PP conservatives is neighbours against each other …… something which is very un canadian 

And yet, they would also be the loudest in claiming that if you don't declare fealty to their brand of "patriotism", that you're "not Canadian" (actually, some of them even declare visual minorities/non-Caucasian as non-Canadian as well regardless of those visual minority/non-Caucasian's ideology - we just had one in this thread not that long ago). :picard:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

And yet, they would also be the loudest in claiming that if you don't declare fealty to their brand of "patriotism", that you're "not Canadian" (actually, some of them even declare visual minorities/non-Caucasian as non-Canadian as well regardless of those visual minority/non-Caucasian's ideology - we just had one in this thread not that long ago). :picard:

Canada was and continues to be built by immigrants 

back in the 70’s and 80’s we as a country use to be very proud of the mosiac nature of our country …. Accepting people and history of all nations on earth was a bragging point for us

people forget that unless one is indigenous… we are all immigrants to Canada and it’s not ancient history .… In the big picture Canada is a very young country 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Sapper said:

back in the 70’s and 80’s we as a country use to be very proud of the mosiac nature of our country …. Accepting people and history of all nations on earth was a bragging point for us

people forget that unless one is indigenous… we are all immigrants to Canada and it’s not ancient history .… In the big picture Canada is a very young country 

I'd argue that someone who uprooted their life to come here and has gained citizenship is more Canadian than someone blaming all their problems on immigrants and saying Canada is broken.

1 hour ago, Sapper said:

Bingo, Canada is a settler-colonial nation, every non-Indigenous person is either an immigrant or a descendent of an immigrant. Canada simply is not what it is today, or historically, without immigration. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

(I realize PP is inherently trying to capitalize on what's going on in the UK, but there is a story here, so putting him aside..)

This is pretty crazy & scary. Thank god the RCMP got too him when they did. Times are crazy in the world.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

If we're going to blame Trudeau for him getting in, we should also be giving him credit for the RCMP catching him, since both the CBSA and the RCMP are Federal entities.

So Trudeau’s government let in a terrorist who dismembered somebody’s body on an ISIS video, but thank God Trudeau’s government caught him before he could do the same to someone in Canada.  That is sound logic.

Also, how was this terrorist able to become a Canadian citizen? 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Trudeau’s government let in a terrorist who dismembered somebody’s body on an ISIS video, but thank God Trudeau’s government caught him before he could do the same to someone in Canada.  That is sound logic.

Unless it's proven that truduea changed or created a law or gave an order to ignore a law 

this is rediculois 

Bad people.get into Canada and bad people do bad things no matter who is in charge .... It's how those leaders react to it and steps they take to ensure it doesn't happen again that matter

When PP is Prime Minster if anyone gets murdered.. and I mean anyone .... Then by your logic it's PP's fault ......  As much as i.dispise the man i wouldn't be so ludicrous as to blame him personally ..... 

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Unless it's proven that truduea changed or created a law or gave an order to ignore a law 

this is rediculois 

Bad people.get into Canada and bad people do bad things no matter who is in charge .... It's how those leaders react to it and steps they take to ensure it doesn't happen again that matter

When PP is Prime Minster if anyone gets murdered.. and I mean anyone .... Then by your logic it's PP's fault ......  As much as i.dispise the man i wouldn't be so ludicrous as to blame him personally ..... 

How did a terrorist become a Canadian citizen?  Can you explain that?

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He obviously left that part out.   Thing is, the government can revoke citizenship from Canadians who misrepresented their pasts when they immigrated.  

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmut_Oberlander#:~:text=Helmut Oberlander (15 February 1924,Union during World War II.

Nazi became a Canadian citizen under the conservatives ( John Diefenbaker) ... War criminals and terrorists do actually lie .... It happens 

And it was under Truduea that Canada pushed that Nazi to almost deportation when he died .... Not Harper 

It's easier for low ranking terrorists like this new case to lie and get through .... How that Nazi who was high level got.through was a huge collapse of the system .... But I don't blame Diefenbaker as it happens even with. All the safe guards in place 

PP is farming hate when conservatives have also been in power and horrible people got in ..... 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

"Trudeaus government" 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That seems very logical.

We should be catching bad people. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

"PM in waiting" he calls himself.

I didn't know he was that embarrassing, pretty shocked to be honest.

Some of the people that follow this guy seem like mature folks. 

I wonder what they think when PP proves to them that he is not much better than a divisive troll. 

Must make them squirm inside, their boy is sad.

25 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

They filled out an application and lied on it. 

So all a terrorist has to do is fill out an application and lie on it and they not only have full entry into Canada but can also get their Canadian citizenship?  I wonder how many other terrorists are out there who lied on their application and are waiting for the right time to bomb a train station or an airpot in Canada.