Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are you suggesting Trudeau doesn’t actually run the government?  You could be right actually.  My bet is he is just the figurehead…

Cant believe you're upset that terrorists were caught.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So all a terrorist has to do is fill out an application and lie on it and they not only have full entry into Canada but can also get their Canadian citizenship?  I wonder how many other terrorists are out there who lied on their application and are waiting for the right time to bomb a train station or an airpot in Canada.  

Probably as many as their are people who would bring guns and body armour to a border crossing after writing messages about harming RCMP officers

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are you suggesting Trudeau doesn’t actually run the government?  You could be right actually.  My bet is he is just the figurehead…

EVERYONE SHHHhhhhhh

Give him a few minutes.  He's actually on to something here

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I didn't know he was that embarrassing, pretty shocked to be honest.

Some of the people that follow this guy seem like mature folks. 

I wonder what they think when PP proves to them that he is not much better than a divisive troll. 

Must make them squirm inside, their boy is sad.

Nope they enjoy it. 

57 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So all a terrorist has to do is fill out an application and lie on it and they not only have full entry into Canada but can also get their Canadian citizenship?  I wonder how many other terrorists are out there who lied on their application and are waiting for the right time to bomb a train station or an airpot in Canada.  

I wonder how many straw men we can discuss today?

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No I'm suggesting that you don't know how the public service works.

51 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It would be far better if the guy had been successful....

Sure, there might be innocent people killed, but OTOH, there would be a solid excuse for criticizing JT....

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It would be far better if the guy had been successful....

Sure, there might be innocent people killed, but OTOH, there would be a solid excuse for criticizing JT....

When PPs minions dumb down the conversation to "it's all Justins fault" it doesn't matter if it makes sense or bears any resemblance to how things work.

But Petey isnt a pp supporter, so he says. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Bob Long said:

When PPs minions dumb down the conversation to "it's all Justins fault" it doesn't matter if it makes sense or bears any resemblance to how things work.

Yes....so I've heard....:classic_rolleyes:

Kind of reminds me of those posters in the US Politics thread....the ones who start off every post with "I don't like Trump, but...."

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Yes....so I've heard....:classic_rolleyes:

Kind of reminds me of those posters in the US Politics thread....the ones who start off every post with "I don't like Trump, but...."

Didn't Petey repost some of the 'biden is dead' conspiracy stuff as well? Didn't notice any retraction. Maybe I missed it.

This Pp tweet stuff is tripe. It's what you do when you have no plans.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Didn't Petey repost some of the 'biden is dead' conspiracy stuff as well? Didn't notice any retraction. Maybe I missed it.

There was a bit of that floating around, right after he dropped out, but was still recovering from Covid....TBH, I kind of filter out the stupid stuff like that. I notice it, but right it off as too dumb to bother with. That's why I couldn't tell you for sure who was doing the "sleuthing", but I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were absolutely correct.

Got a US presidential hopeful claiming that Trudeau is Castro's kid on some you tube streamers channel during an interview.  Pierre unsure if Pierre is a Commie or a Capitalist.  Trudeau letting in Terrorists PERSONALLY.  But Trudeau also arresting Terrorists before they can commit acts of terror.

It's super hard following all this crap.

Why can't it just be simple again?

This is the current leader of the nation.  We believe the biggest issues people are facing are this.  Because of this persons policies in this field it has made the problem worse.  We want a chance to fix it.  Here is our plan on how to do it.

Would this be so gd hard?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

RE the dentist thing and coverage for people.  Decent numbers for sure

More than 70 per cent of dentists are now accepting patients through Canada's new public dental insurance program — a significant increase over the 50 per cent participation rate reported a month ago.

The federal government attributes the higher uptake to changes it introduced on July 8 that allow dental clinics to submit claims without officially registering as providers of the Canadian Dental Care Plan (CDCP).

The changes permit dentists, denturists and independent hygienists to perform work on patients covered by the CDCP and to be reimbursed by Ottawa on a case-by-case basis.

Health Minister Mark Holland said 6,000 oral health-care providers have chosen to take part in the CDCP since Ottawa changed the rules. 

"We've been absolutely blown away by the participation," Holland told CBC News on Tuesday.

I love this next part.  Seems the government got taken to task and actually listened.  More importantly, it appears dentists and the dental association want this to work.

The Canadian Dental Association, which has raised concerns about the program, said Tuesday it wants the CDCP to succeed.

"The federal government has addressed some immediate and short-term concerns, and we are committed to continuing our work with them to further enhance the CDCP for the future," a statement from the association said.

The dental association said each dentist must decide whether they want to participate, based on what is best for their practice and patients.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Trudeau’s government let in a terrorist who dismembered somebody’s body on an ISIS video, but thank God Trudeau’s government caught him before he could do the same to someone in Canada.  That is sound logic.

Also, how was this terrorist able to become a Canadian citizen? 

Bruh, think about this for a hot minute. You've lost the plot man.

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

"Trudeaus government" 🤣

Justin has nothing better to do to but personally monitor every immigration office in Canada and personally let in terrorists. Clearly 😮‍💨

The modern right is like a grifters wet dream.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Bruh, think about this for a hot minute. You've lost the plot man.

Justin has nothing better to do to but personally monitor every immigration office in Canada and personally let in terrorists. Clearly 😮‍💨

The modern right is like a grifters wet dream.

The problem with your argument is that if it happened under PP's watch this thread would be 30 pages long of how PP needs to resign...

We all will remember how Trudeau was defended so vehemently in this thread and how he basically was responsible for nothing.  So, when PP takes over, the same arguments will be used...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I never said Biden was actually dead.  Although that is the conspiracy theory floating around.  I have yet to take that leap.  I also said Biden would drop out of the race back in February, I have that on the record.  Funny how you and others said for months that there was nothing wrong with Biden at all...

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I voted for Liberal most of my adult life.  Problem with the current Liberal government is that they are too far to the left for my liking.  They are an extension of the NDP.  Seems like alot of people agree with me considering PP and the Conservatives are still dominating all the polls and even have many gen zers on their side...

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Probably as many as their are people who would bring guns and body armour to a border crossing after writing messages about harming RCMP officers

So, you are comparing the Convoy protestors to actual ISIS terrorists who dismember people's bodies and commit terrorist activities around the world?  And you call the far night nutjobs...

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

They should never have been let into the country in the first place.  And giving them Canadian citizenship?  That's just batshit crazy.  Our immigration system is out of control.  We need more checks and balances to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen again.  I'm sure you would agree with that...

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, you are comparing the Convoy protestors to actual ISIS terrorists who dismember people's bodies and commit terrorist activities around the world?  And you call the far night nutjobs...

No, he's talking about two distinct groups with a very low number of members.

Don't forget you initially brought this up as a dig towards the libs.  It's a hockey site.  Did you expect your chirp to be received without response?

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The problem with your argument is that if it happened under PP's watch this thread would be 30 pages long of how PP needs to resign...

We all will remember how Trudeau was defended so vehemently in this thread and how he basically was responsible for nothing.  So, when PP takes over, the same arguments will be used...

Nobody is going to blame PP for some yahoo lying and getting past immigration. They're federal employees, not partisan, elected politicians. this has literally nothing to do with Trudeau or any other MP. You're smart enough to know the difference. Get out of your algorithm man, it's massively clouding your head.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No, he's talking about two distinct groups with a very low number of members.

Don't forget you initially brought this up as a dig towards the libs.  It's a hockey site.  Did you expect your chirp to be received without response?

The fact of the matter is an ISIS terrorist was let into this country and given Canadian citizenship, which is process that takes years.  Our immigration policies need to be reviewed and changed so this never happens again.

A dig towards the libs?  But those posters apparently don't even like Trudeau and never voted for him, so why are they so offended?