Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

15 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

The technology still isn't there for hauling goods long distances. Towing is still an issue as well. I

where are you getting these ideas? PHEVs have great range. Towing recreational stuff isn't an issue at all.

In town trucking is already moving to EV in Europe. 

We actually don't have to mess with long haul trucking if passenger vehicles and in-town trucking moves to PHEV and electric. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Oh ok

So your history lesson is you talking out of your ass and doing your best to deflect from the fact that both groups got arrested for literally the same thing but because one is just harmless rednecks armed on site and the others are...agally we say, from another part of the world; it's different.

You can just say what it is you're obviously avoiding.  

So, you are basically defending a known ISIS terrorist?  The Liberal government is literally going to get whitewashed in the next election.  There is no turning back now.  The far left are nuts...

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, you are basically defending a known ISIS terrorist?  The Liberal government is literally going to get whitewashed in the next election.  There is no turning back now.  The far left are nuts...

Yet you defend Pat King and his ilk. Remember they were responsible for shutting down the Canada US border for close to a month. Shutting down the economy isn't terrorism to you?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Yet you defend Pat King and his ilk. Remember they were responsible for shutting down the Canada US border for close to a month. Shutting down the economy isn't terrorism to you?

Who said I defended Pat King?  Show me one post where I defended him?  Most of the people at the Convoy weren't criminals.  The few that were, like Pat King, got arrested and are in jail.  That's how the law works in Canada.  However, comparing them to known ISIS terrorists who behead other human beings and want to take over the world is nuts.  There is a reason an ISIS terrorist isn't allowed into Canada.  They are on a list.  They are the worst of the worst scum...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Vintage 2

16 hours ago, Warhippy said:

They LITERALLY planned to murder RCMP and border services officers and had the weapons on hand to do.

They didn't behrad someone?  Who the hell did?  You are all over the board here and are still giving these guys a "fine people on both sides" style pass here.

Own the loss bud, you earned it

The difference is one group actually followed through on their threats.

They did. Your deflection just because it didn't happen on Canadian soil is ridiculous 

https://globalnews.ca/news/10653983/toronto-terror-arrests-isis/

The father is also accused of a June 2015 aggravated assault outside Canada for ISIS. No further details were provided

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Who said I defended Pat King?  Show me one post where I defended him?  Most of the people at the Convoy weren't criminals.  The few that were, like Pat King, got arrested and are in jail.  That's how the law works in Canada.  However, comparing them to known ISIS terrorists who behead other human beings and want to take over the world is nuts.  There is a reason an ISIS terrorist isn't allowed into Canada.  They are on a list.  They are the worst of the worst scum...

Hmmmm, not criminals, but he served jail time.

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No, we are a cult.  Now that we've got that straight, what was said that defended a known ISIS terrorist?  

I think it's a bit nuts to bring polls or projections into this conversation.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

No, we are a cult.  Now that we've got that straight, what was said that defended a known ISIS terrorist?  

I think it's a bit nuts to bring polls or projections into this conversation.

Just look back at Hippy's posts.  His last post claimed I was a racist.  Meaning he's got nothing else so he goes to the race card.  He's learned alot from Trudeau really.  

It's all starting to make sense now though.  As I look back in the Hamas/Israel thread, the posters who are sympathetic to Hamas are the same ones who think Pat King is worse than an ISIS terrorist.  I think I broke the code.  Sometimes I really outdo myself...

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Just look back at Hippy's posts.  His last post claimed I was a racist.  Meaning he's got nothing else so he goes to the race card.  He's learned alot from Trudeau really.  

It's all starting to make sense now though.  As I look back in the Hamas/Israel thread, the posters who are sympathetic to Hamas are the same ones who think Pat King is worse than an ISIS terrorist.  I think I broke the code.  Sometimes I really outdo myself...

I will give you full credit. I can't be bothered to debate the cadre. 

• Huggy Bear 1

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Some friendly advice: You might want to reconsider the word "whitewash" when discussing anything involving immigration.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So what was said that defended a known ISIS terrorist?

NYT has a great new game called Connections.  TBH, I'm not sure how you'd do at it though I'm sure you could outdo yourself. 😀

42 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I too can jump to extremes like you do Petey

So you are defending terrorists period.  But ONLY based on what appears to be underlying racism or bigotry allowing for good ol boys to do it but darker types are verboden.

Glad we clarified what type of person you are.  Dark people terrorists.  Light people, just talking about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, StrayDog said:

Some friendly advice: You might want to reconsider the word "whitewash" when discussing anything involving immigration.

I wasn't discussing immigration.  I was discussing the Liberals getting whitewashed in the next election by the Conservatives.  But I can see how that word may offend some.  So, the Liberals will get "destroyed" in the next election...

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I wasn't discussing immigration.  I was discussing the Liberals getting whitewashed in the next election by the Conservatives.  But I can see how that word may offend some.  So, the Liberals will get "destroyed" in the next election...

You were discussing immigration. This entire tangent was because Trudeau personally allowed a terrorist to enter the country where he then got arrested. Tell me how this isn't an immigration discussion?

But hey, keep on using the word. It's all good. Just trying to let you know it might be taken in a not so good way

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

The difference is one group actually followed through on their threats.

They did. Your deflection just because it didn't happen on Canadian soil is ridiculous 

https://globalnews.ca/news/10653983/toronto-terror-arrests-isis/

The father is also accused of a June 2015 aggravated assault outside Canada for ISIS. No further details were provided

Did these two swarthier individuals commit an act of terror in Canada or were they just talking about it?

Did these rednecks commit an act of terror in Canada or were they just talking about it?

Aggravated assault outside of Canada?  Did you see the criminal records of the people arrested at Coutts?

So again we're picking and choosing what is or is not allowable based on whatever reasons you can come up with.

But you still can not for one second tell us why one is somehow different than the other.  You just say "isis" and ignore the fact that BOTH groups were arrested for suggesting or planning stuff IN Canada without carrying through with it.  But hey, we'll never know right because their plans never came to fruition thanks to the RCMP and I guess extension PM Trudeau; since that's what we're doing now

Solid.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So you are defending terrorists period.  But ONLY based on what appears to be underlying racism or bigotry allowing for good ol boys to do it but darker types are verboden.

Glad we clarified what type of person you are.  Dark people terrorists.  Light people, just talking about it.

When you got nothing else, just play the race card Hippy.  Trudeau taught you well.  

I don't consider the Coutts people terrorists.  Neither Pat King.  Please show me where the Liberal government confirmed that they are terrorists.  Provide the evidence please.  Did the judge confirm that they were terrorists?  How about the jury?  On what grounds are they considered terrorists?  Just your feelings?  

Meanwhile, Canada and many other countries have confirmed that any members of ISIS ARE terrorists, they are on a list, and if they are caught in Canada they will be deported.  Even if someone is not a member of ISIS but is sympathetic to them and promotes their ideas and their ideology, they will also be deported.  That's the difference.  

But you can play the race card all you want.  When you got nothing else, that's usually the last resort...

3 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

You were discussing immigration. This entire tangent was because Trudeau personally allowed a terrorist to enter the country where he then got arrested. Tell me how this isn't an immigration discussion?

But hey, keep on using the word. It's all good. Just trying to let you know it might be taken in a not so good way

No, when I used that word I was specifically talking about the election.  

53 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The far left and the far right are both nuts.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No, when I used that word I was specifically talking about the election.  

Sorry, I misunderstood. Must have been because you opened the post talking about an ISIS terrorist that immigrated into the country, and then you said something about the election. My bad. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Sorry, I misunderstood. Must have been because you opened the post talking about an ISIS terrorist that immigrated into the country, and then you said something about the election. My bad. 

No worries.  Next time, we will get into a deeper conversation about the Deep State...   😊

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The irony is no one has defended Isis yet a few have been playing down the Coutts klux klan. If you're against the white terrorists you must be for the brown ones amirite? How does one become a terrorist in Canada anyway? 

7 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

The far left and the far right are both nuts.

Which one is far left again? Isis or the Coutts klux klan?