Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

International student enrolment drops below federal cap: Universities Canada

OTTAWA — Fewer students are coming from abroad to study at Canadian universities this fall, and Universities Canada is warning that the numbers have dropped below the cap the federal government set on international student visas this year.\

Maybe universities will stop acting like businesses and start acting like education centres....

• Cheers 4

When I hear some conservative's comments, I am reminded of a passage from a Louis Lamour novel.

In it he notes that as the wagon trains worked their way westward, dogs would come out of the settlements they passed by. The dogs would bark and bark, but then get tired and go home- while the wagon train just kept going.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

What are they crushing?

I wanted to read the article but its one of those sites that wants to give me cookies or something.

I eat clean. I cant have any cookies. 

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I wanted to read the article but its one of those sites that wants to give me cookies or something.

I eat clean. I cant have any cookies. 

A lot of cons seem to want PP to dominate. Yes, there is subtext there. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

A lot of cons seem to want PP to dominate. Yes, there is subtext there. 

Ahh, They're not just into truck ballz, they like ball gags too. 

They just love balls.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Far be it for me to judge - after all, PP might actually look good in latex, eyeliner, and fishnet stockings.  :classic_ninja:

Its a tough guy look. 

Ask Oscar De La Hoya 

(Go on....do a google)

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Just got a text from 'Liz' from the Conservative party of BC, she was wondering if they could count on my vote.

I told her ' of course you can Liz, Id vote for them twice'

:classic_ninja:

I really hope I get one of those so I can tell her exactly what I think of her and the rest of the vermin she has for colleagues.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Just got a text from 'Liz' from the Conservative party of BC, she was wondering if they could count on my vote.

I told her ' of course you can Liz, Id vote for them twice'

:classic_ninja:

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I really hope I get one of those so I can tell her exactly what I think of her and the rest of the vermin she has for colleagues.

My phone rightly filed mine as spam 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

My phone rightly filed mine as spam 😁

If they're calling me, they're apparently not leaving messages, and if they don't self-identify, I'm blocking them.

Ehhhh... who am I kidding.  Even if they identified themself, I would probably still block 'em (doesn't matter which party or what stripe).  Life is short enough without having to deal with calls that I don't want to take.  :hurhur:

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Maybe universities will stop acting like businesses and start acting like education centres....

While I agree, educational institutions and school districts get a lot of funding from that program.  It pays for stuff we'd never get otherwise

57 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

So he's whining because the government isn't doing stuff for him specifically, the stuff he's whining about is provincial or based on his career benefits or is otherwise him asking why the government isn't paying for the incidentals.

Ffs these people....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So he's whining because the government isn't doing stuff for him specifically, the stuff he's whining about is provincial or based on his career benefits or is otherwise him asking why the government isn't paying for the incidentals.

Ffs these people....

Funny every single province is in shambles.   But it's never the fault of our dear leader.

• Vintage 1