Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

52 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

My understanding is France tipped us off on the first dude and the U.S on the second. So it sounds like it wasn't even the Canadian government that figured them out. That absolutely is not a good look for us.

Jesus H Ricky....

Careful you don't pull something with all these contortions, trying to sell this as a bad look....:picard:

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So.  If the government is unable to correctly fund a program to feed kids.  Which by and large is a provincial matter, as education is provincial.

Then...with 8 of our provinces being run by conservatives now, how are kids going to be fed differently or more effectively if PP takes power?

More so, if they can't do something as simple as feeding kids, why should we believe that PP can fix the housing crisis when he already tried a decade ago and built like 20 units for half a billion dollars?

The hope for me would be that they pause carbon tax increases in the future allowing the population to retain more of their earnings as disposable income to buy stuff like food, shelter, and clothing for their families. Then from there the parents would be responsible for taking care of their children.   

Edited by Bure_Pavel

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Jesus H Ricky....

Careful you don't pull something with all these contortions, trying to sell this as a bad look....:picard:

2 in barely a month is not a good look no matter how you spin it. If people didn't think that was the case it wouldn't be all over the news right now.

Canadians already have concerns with the border and immigration. You think this is going to ease those concerns?

Jesus H...

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

2 in barely a month is not a good look no matter how you spin it. If people didn't think that was the case it wouldn't be all over the news right now.

Canadians already have concerns with the border and immigration. You think this is going to ease those concerns?

Jesus H...

If you mean, the fact that the cops caught the guy (and yes, international law enforcement co-operation is a sign of the system working as it should) then yes, I suppose I'm "spinning" it....:classic_rolleyes:

Seems to me that you're bound and determined to portray this as some sort of failure......I don't know why, but I think I can guess....

Edited by RupertKBD

7 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

The hope for me would be that they pause carbon tax increases in the future allowing the population to retain more of their earnings as disposable income to buy stuff like food, shelter, and clothing for their families. Then from there the parents would be responsible for taking care of their children.   

People just spent 3 pages articulating why that doesn't work? Axe the tax, that all you got?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Eight Africa migrants arrested, driver charged with human smuggling near Manitoba-U.S. border

The migrants were found walking north from the border, where they were picked up by a man driving a rental vehicle

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/migrants-human-smuggling-manitoba

You forgot to tell us who to blame.

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

You forgot to tell us who to blame.

46 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sounds like cops did their job yet again.

....and we'll always know it here first, because Ranger Ricky is on the job!

image.jpeg.696648677f1f8317d5c4b9d03071d659.jpeg

12 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

....and we'll always know it here first, because Ranger Ricky is on the job!

image.jpeg.696648677f1f8317d5c4b9d03071d659.jpeg

Just trying to keep you guys informed, as the thread full of Liberal circle jerkers never miss an opportunity to post anything negative about the conservative party but never the liberals or NDP 🤔...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Just trying to keep you guys informed, as the thread full of Liberal circle jerkers never miss an opportunity to post anything negative about the conservative party but never the liberals or NDP 🤔...

Shouldn't you change your handle to Salt Peter?

• Haha 1

Ah, but if it was just a case of "keeping us informed", then we wouldn't be having this discussion. The Libs deserve plenty of criticism....just not for this, IMHO....

It was your editorializing about what "an embarrassment" the situation was, that started the debate.

BTW: Have you been to the BC Politics thread lately? @Bob Long has been tearing the NDP several new ones in there....I think him and @aGENT are just about ready for pistols at dawn....:classic_unsure:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Eh I've made it clear multiple times that I think Trudeau is a turd blossom. It's just that the Conservatives are not offering a viable alternative right now.

Put the shoe on the other foot. When have you ever been critical of the Cons?

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

PP going full crazy in urgency to get an election 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poilievre-non-confidence-vote-1.7319948

To be clear outside of his blood lust for power this is a race to prevent pharmacare from passing the Senate and starting and to prevent the liberals from turfing Truduea and replacing him with a competent person with no ties to this government ( hello Carney )

PP would likely still win but could be a minority only unlike if he faces Truduea which would give him a big majority 

And it's not lost that PP is seeking a coalition to put him in power by guilt shaming the bloc and NDP to give him power lol

It may work to some extent with the NDP but it's gonna piss off Bloc supporters something fierce 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Sapper said:

PP going full crazy in urgency to get an election 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poilievre-non-confidence-vote-1.7319948

To be clear outside of his blood lust for power this is a race to prevent pharmacare from passing the Senate and starting and to prevent the liberals from turfing Truduea and replacing him with a competent person with no ties to this government ( hello Carney )

PP would likely still win but could be a minority only unlike if he faces Truduea which would give him a big majority 

And it's not lost that PP is seeking a coalition to put him in power by guilt shaming the bloc and NDP to give him power lol

It may work to some extent with the NDP but it's gonna piss off Bloc supporters something fierce 

Trudeau really only has one hail Mary move left imo, a massive transformative budget plan this fall. That's what Carney will help develop.

I would bet a lot that it will be heavy on money for Quebec green tech and other industries.

Trudeau can push the NDP and Skippy to the side for one more year doing this if the Bloc gets some goodies.

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Trudeau really only has one hail Mary move left imo, a massive transformative budget plan this fall. That's what Carney will help develop.

I would bet a lot that it will be heavy on money for Quebec green tech and other industries.

Trudeau can push the NDP and Skippy to the side for one more year doing this if the Bloc gets some goodies.

It would be ironic if now he decides to act on his broken promise of electoral reform.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He's done & he doesn't even know it.

28 minutes ago, DSVII said:

It would be ironic if now he decides to act on his broken promise of electoral reform.

It would 😆

No it will be a big economic shift.

I also think he may say that this is his last election he'll be in no matter what the outcome.

Skippy is high on personal attacks, but really has no ideas of substance. Making Skippy fight on substance is the only way to win another minority government, imo.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

Eh I've made it clear multiple times that I think Trudeau is a turd blossom. It's just that the Conservatives are not offering a viable alternative right now.

Put the shoe on the other foot. When have you ever been critical of the Cons?

I'm not going to go back and find the post but in this very thread I have been critical of PP in the past on his lack of specifics when it comes to immigration numbers and policies 

Female international students targeted for prostitution by Brampton landlords: Councillor

A Brampton city councillor claims that rental ads are exploiting desperate international students, particularly girls, and prostituting them for rent.

Concerned residents have begun sharing those ads with councillors, including one first reported by 6ixBuzzTV that gave potential renters the option of free rent, food and a $200 shopping bonus “for those who are okay with friends-with-benefits relationship.”

“Because of cultural dynamics, many of these young women don’t even understand sexuality, don’t even understand consent, some of them are completely inexperienced, so the term ‘friends with benefits’ makes it even more horrible, especially if they’re already struggling to find a place to live or the financial means to pay for it,” Santos said.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/female-international-students-targeted-for-prostitution-by-brampton-landlords-councillor

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

People just spent 3 pages articulating why that doesn't work? Axe the tax, that all you got?

Yeah not asking for a lot, that's pretty much it. Just pay less taxes or pay same amount of taxes (removed scheduled increases) and for the government to stop pissing away money/have a balanced budget. Maybe better immigration policies that factor in stuff like the supply of available housing, but might be asking too much. Some hard decisions will need to be made in the near future to get government spending under control, we need a government that can make calculated decisions through cost and benefit analysis. As much as people wont like it, some programs will have to go, not many options to reduce current overspending as any government will be unlikely to reduce government wages.