Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Maybe nothing, maybe something. Stay tuned.

The 'in response' in the first tweet is in relation to this ..........

Gods, if there's any proof at all that Russia is or has been helping Pierre that's bad.  If he is proven to know and allow or encourage it, that's even worse.

Nothing would shock me though.  Trudeau winning again would be something amazing to see just for the lulz

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Gods, if there's any proof at all that Russia is or has been helping Pierre that's bad.  If he is proven to know and allow or encourage it, that's even worse.

Nothing would shock me though.  Trudeau winning again would be something amazing to see just for the lulz

Heh, with the way Junior has destroyed himself (staying in power WAY past his due date), Pierre didn't need any help

17 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The fact we have homeless and hungry people in Canada is a damning statistic for a country as wealthy as we are. 

I don't know Ghost

I know there are people, who can not help themselves, but there is a great many people who will not help themselves, as well. No gardens, Starbucks, cell phones, smoking cigs, and pot. Just to name a few luxuries, that you see most of society not wanting to give up, like it is a right or something?????

I am more concerned with those with health issues, and mental health issues. Not those people who lay in bed, not wanting to get up because they are too lazy. In todays world, there are a great many jobs not being fulfilled, and in a great many cases, it is because people do not want to sacrifice.

I know a guy who, at 42, quit his jobs, and after saving every last penny for 7 years, went back to school to become a pharmacist. He did not wallow in self pity, but instead, worked his ass of, and dedicated, all his waking hours to improving his way of life.

Another factor is people not wanting to move out of the cities, to find jobs in rural Canada. The jobs are there, so is the housing, at a huge discount, but again, people do not want to give up their way of life and sacrifice, to get ahead.

I recognize, there are people who need help, and I am in full agreement, that those people should be given a financial lift, but I am of the opinion, that there are far less people that actually need our help, than those that collectively whine.

Since when is it not a individuals own responsibility to lift himself/herself up? As I have said many times, give the mother of 3, with 3 kids under 5, a hand up, but a guy who does not want to get dirty...............sorry, I have no mercy for.

Again, if it is a legitimate health issue, then lets get him that help. But that does not mean if he has the capabilities to work and train from home, and can, that he does not have to do it............he does! And so does the mother, if she has time at night...........hey, everyone gets tired!

Edited by JIAHN
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I am on a rant now.....................

It just kills me, that there is this attitude out there, that the government owes us something. The government owes us opportunity. It is up to the healthy individual to lift himself out of his own misery, if possible.

There is nothing wrong with working 10% more hours a week to improve your way of life. 

I have a friend that lives in Peru, she works off her cell phone, no laptop! But it does not stop her from operating her business from it. 

Again, the government owes us opportunity............we all have that!

Edited by JIAHN
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Rant #2

There is a great many people that are older....such as I. I had choices. I decided my younger days should be dedicated to drinking, and partying. But I had a choice! I only wish I had saved 10% of that money, and invested it! LOL. I drank when I made a low income, and I drank when I had a higher income! I had a choice!

No regrets, just acknowledgement that, I am the master of my own fate! I did it! Me! I have choice, and opportunity!

I also know a guy, that on his time off, painted houses, started his own 2nd job, and developed it into a primary job, which he stuck with and developed it into a thriving, 6 figure job. He is now worth millions. No one gave him a hand, no one got him out of bed on his day off, he did it himself. I am not jealous, or envious. I admire him, and respect him, and know fully well, I could have done something like that, if I did not have that hangover, Saturday morning................my choice!

I had the freedom to chose! I had the opportunity! No tears!

Edited by JIAHN
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Rant #2

There is a great many people that are older....such as I. I had choices. I decided my younger days should be dedicated to drinking, and partying. But I had a choice! I only wish I had saved 10% of that money, and invested it! LOL. I drank when I made a low income, and I drank when I had a higher income! I had a choice!

No regrets, just acknowledgement that, I am the master of my own fate! I did it! Me! I have choice, and opportunity!

I also know a guy, that on his time off, painted houses, started his own 2nd job, and developed it into a primary job, which he stuck with and developed it into a thriving, 6 figure job. He is now worth millions. No one gave him a hand, no one got him out of bed on his day off, he did it himself. I am not jealous, or envious. I admire him, and respect him, and know fully well, I could have done something like that, if I did not have that hangover, Saturday morning................my choice!

I had the freedom to chose! I had the opportunity! No tears!

Alf too has a choice:)

78DA18A2-0A85-43E7-949F-CEFE069E6833.jpeg.ff54729a43e8f7d1e1302dcf3d7499a7.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 9/11/2024 at 9:39 AM, Ricky Ravioli said:

I'm not going to go back and find the post but in this very thread I have been critical of PP in the past on his lack of specifics when it comes to immigration numbers and policies 

Haha Neither am I, but I would imagine you being critical of PP would not include the terms 'embarassing' or other sensationalist language.

Anyways, I'm curious, what would you like to see in year 1 of a Conservative government? I think that's still going to happen, the question is just whether it is a minority or majority.

Uh oh.....

Well what should we make of this?

Why is it Russia and China seem so bent on promoting Conservative candidates and pissing people off.

A website at the heart of an international Russian disinformation operation has produced more than a dozen articles about Canadian politics in an apparent attempt to undermine support for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and boost his chief rival, Pierre Poilievre.

The website Reliable Recent News has been identified by officials in Europe and the U.S. as a repository for pro-Kremlin articles that are distributed through a network of affiliated sites disguised to appear as legitimate news outlets.

Earlier this month, U.S. authorities seized a domain that hosted Reliable Recent News (RRN), though it continues to operate on another domain. In an affidavit, authorities describe RRN as a tool to "further the malign influence campaign" waged by Russia in support of its invasion of Ukraine.

The RRN articles about Canadian politics focus on controversies involving the Liberal government, often supplying inaccurate descriptions of its policies and ridiculing Trudeau. He is referred to as the "incompetent prime minister" and, elsewhere, as being "better suited to a role in a political satire alongside Vladimir Zelensky," the Ukrainian president.

Some articles also indicate a preference for Poilievre, who in a recent piece is referred to as "the savvy leader of the pro-business Conservatives."

In a statement to CBC News, deputy Conservative leader Melissa Lantsman said, "Any act of foreign interference in Canada, by any foreign government is unacceptable." 

The Liberal government had not responded to a request for comment by the time this story was published.

But he noted that the content of the Canadian articles aligns squarely with the goals of Russian propaganda, which were detailed in documents supporting the affidavit.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Warhippy said:

THis aged well, only a day old, and....

Foreign Interference Inquiry must look into Russia after revelations about propaganda aimed at Canada: critics

rrn-website-domain-seized.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/russian-disinformation-1.7323128

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I dunno, what did he do?

But man I wanted to live in that Silver Spoons house when I was a kid. 

That train. 

I wanted to live in that too but mainly because Erin Gray was smokin'.😜

I recall Ricky harassing a low level employee of Costco about their masking policies during COVID.  Sure, fine be anti-mask, but don't harass a low wage earner especially when they don't have any control over corporate policies.  Little Ricky should've take his issues with head office.  But then he wouldn't be able to bully a minimum wage person.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Uh oh.....

Well what should we make of this?

Why is it Russia and China seem so bent on promoting Conservative candidates and pissing people off.

A website at the heart of an international Russian disinformation operation has produced more than a dozen articles about Canadian politics in an apparent attempt to undermine support for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and boost his chief rival, Pierre Poilievre.

The website Reliable Recent News has been identified by officials in Europe and the U.S. as a repository for pro-Kremlin articles that are distributed through a network of affiliated sites disguised to appear as legitimate news outlets.

Earlier this month, U.S. authorities seized a domain that hosted Reliable Recent News (RRN), though it continues to operate on another domain. In an affidavit, authorities describe RRN as a tool to "further the malign influence campaign" waged by Russia in support of its invasion of Ukraine.

The RRN articles about Canadian politics focus on controversies involving the Liberal government, often supplying inaccurate descriptions of its policies and ridiculing Trudeau. He is referred to as the "incompetent prime minister" and, elsewhere, as being "better suited to a role in a political satire alongside Vladimir Zelensky," the Ukrainian president.

Some articles also indicate a preference for Poilievre, who in a recent piece is referred to as "the savvy leader of the pro-business Conservatives."

In a statement to CBC News, deputy Conservative leader Melissa Lantsman said, "Any act of foreign interference in Canada, by any foreign government is unacceptable." 

The Liberal government had not responded to a request for comment by the time this story was published.

But he noted that the content of the Canadian articles aligns squarely with the goals of Russian propaganda, which were detailed in documents supporting the affidavit.

"Reliable Recent News" 😂

23 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

THis aged well, only a day old, and....

Foreign Interference Inquiry must look into Russia after revelations about propaganda aimed at Canada: critics

rrn-website-domain-seized.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/investigates/russian-disinformation-1.7323128

Well 

I mean.

Pierre, better get that security clearance asap

• chaos 1

39 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well, I do recall a Russian proverb that translates to "when things are going your way, its better not to question why."

I forget which billionaire said "when you are on the phone and you get the answer you want, hang up."

similar i guess. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

42 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I forget which billionaire said "when you are on the phone and you get the answer you want, hang up."

similar i guess. 

Skippy is at best avoiding his security clearance for cheap sound bites (his minions think that's clever). 

At worst, he knew about fake CPC accounts helping him get elected as leader.

Little shit or big shit, you pick.

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Aren't we still waiting for the names to be released?  Why not release them if it's all Conservative MP's?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Aren't we still waiting for the names to be released?  Why not release them if it's all Conservative MP's?

That is something the government does against its opponents in Banana republics. In a true democracy, much like ours, one only publishes life altering facts once they 100% proven and of importance to the nation. At least that is my opinion. No matter which politicians may be involved, unwittingly or collaboratively, the full set of facts needs to be determined by skilled and trained Intel workers and investigators before the government of the day releases life altering info about individuals.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Conservative ad:

Jagmeet went to a fancy expensive school in the states.

Jagmeet has a collection of Versace bags

Jagmeet has a collection of Rolex watches

Jagmeet is trying to keep government in power, until he gets his pension.

Me- why would a guy that has the money to go to an expensive American school, and has collections of 'rich people's stuff' need a pension?

Pick a lane- is he rich, or not?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Conservative ad:

Jagmeet went to a fancy expensive school in the states.

Jagmeet has a collection of Versace bags

Jagmeet has a collection of Rolex watches

Jagmeet is trying to keep government in power, until he gets his pension.

Me- why would a guy that has the money to go to an expensive American school, and has collections of 'rich people's stuff' need a pension?

Pick a lane- is he rich, or not?

brought to you by the brain trust behind such election rhetoric as "i am entitled to my entitlements' being a bad thing. 
it is doubly rich in the context of Pierre Poi-lyer-ievre riding into politics on the back of his own paper declaring politicians shoulld only be in public office for two terms: and then went on to qualify for HIS golden pension before January 2012, at that time it was worth 33,000 a year: 12 years later and it is almost worth a 3 million a decade. 
But but but...This Dhaliwall character who might qualify for his base level before Oct 2025: call the cops!

• ThereItIs 1