Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The Russian disinformation program won't allow that. PP is a paid subversive. All is common knowledge.  

No one is accusing PP of being 'a paid subversive'.  There seems to be at least some indication that he is the Kremlin's preferred candidate. Whether that is true or not, I don't think any of us, regardless of our own preferred candidates, should ignore or belittle this Russian disinformation story.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

No one is accusing PP of being 'a paid subversive'.  There seems to be at least some indication that he is the Kremlin's preferred candidate. Whether that is true or not, I don't think any of us, regardless of our own preferred candidates, should ignore or belittle this Russian disinformation story.

Biden and Kamala are also Putin’s preferred candidates. He even said so himself. 

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Biden and Kamala are also Putin’s preferred candidates. He even said so himself. 

Did you really take his comment seriously? The mere thought that anyone would think he was serious just confuses me.

Vladimir Putin trolls US presidential race with ‘endorsement’ of Kamala Harris

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/05/europe/vladimir-putin-kamala-harris-endorsement-intl/index.html

7 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Did you really take his comment seriously? The mere thought that anyone would think he was serious just confuses me.

Vladimir Putin trolls US presidential race with ‘endorsement’ of Kamala Harris

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/05/europe/vladimir-putin-kamala-harris-endorsement-intl/index.html

So the Kremlin supposedly saying Pierre is their guy is totally 100% credible, but when Putin himself says he prefers Biden and Kamala it’s a complete lie and Russian disinformation.  I’m getting dizzy, I may need to start drinking again. Maybe some vodka might help me…

Edited by Elias Pettersson

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So the Kremlin supposedly saying Pierre is their guy is totally 100% credible, but when Putin himself says he prefers Biden and Kamala it’s a complete lie and Russian disinformation.  I’m getting dizzy, I may need to start drinking again.  Maybe some vodka might help me…

It makes a lot of sense for each country's context.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

So the Kremlin supposedly saying Pierre is their guy is totally 100% credible, but when Putin himself says he prefers Biden and Kamala it’s a complete lie and Russian disinformation.  I’m getting dizzy, I may need to start drinking again.  Maybe some vodka might help me…

One of these things is not like the other:

- What Putin says.

- What Putin does.

There is still much to be learned about what the disinformation campaign is up to but it seems most interested in raising shit and division.  Some posters here would fit right in.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So the Kremlin supposedly saying Pierre is their guy is totally 100% credible, but when Putin himself says he prefers Biden and Kamala it’s a complete lie and Russian disinformation.  I’m getting dizzy, I may need to start drinking again. Maybe some vodka might help me…

Where has anyone reported the kremlin has said Pierre is their guy? You must be dialed into a new news outlet I have yet to see anywhere on earth. 

Prior to starting a disinformation campaign I think Russia would first ask which leader and party would be the most likely to stop or lessen help for Ukraine.  I also think whatever plan they thought up for Canada would be very similar to the one below (reportedly) for the US. (Party A = Democrats;  Party B = Republicans).

The affidavit of an FBI special agent, and the Russian documents attached to it, offer a rare glimpse into the inner workings of a vast Russian network of disinformation.

The Department of Justice alleges that the author of at least some of the descriptions is Ilya Gambashidze, founder of two companies — the Social Design Agency and Structura — that worked directly with Russian President Vladimir Putin's office to create a series of influence campaigns. The Social Design Agency created the content, while Structura focused on dissemination.

In his 2022 proposal for a "Guerilla Media Campaign in the U.S.," cited in the Department of Justice documents, Gambashidze compares the two parties on the American political scene. The department redacted the names but there is no doubt which party is which.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/russia-disinformation-tenet-putin-1.7319469

A slide shows the main themes Russia wanted to push in its US campaign, and the main target audiences. US Political Party B is the Democrats, and Candidate B is Joe Biden. Candidate A is Donald Trump.

6 hours ago, Gurn said:

Conservative ad:

Jagmeet went to a fancy expensive school in the states.

Jagmeet has a collection of Versace bags

Jagmeet has a collection of Rolex watches

Jagmeet is trying to keep government in power, until he gets his pension.

Me- why would a guy that has the money to go to an expensive American school, and has collections of 'rich people's stuff' need a pension?

Pick a lane- is he rich, or not?

From the man who has a collection of watches worth 6 figures 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sure. If Trudeau is in with Russia as well do they share prison cells?

Trudeau should be locked up for locking bank accounts. What needs to happen to force the fall election? Can't wait until that goof ball is gone. Dude turned our country a clown show

Only good he did is allow me to legally smoke weed 🤣

Edited by Gator
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gator said:

Trudeau should be locked up for locking bank accounts. What needs to happen to force the fall election? Can't wait until that goof ball is gone. Dude made our country a joke

Only good he did is allow me to legally smoke weed 🤣

You do realize we’re in Canada and your opinion of the PM’s powers is more what the POTUS has, right?