Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I want him gone regardless 

Frankly I'd say all three could go.

Our choices for PM are an overstayed and toxic Liberal, a petulant man child with no actual plan Conservative and an uncharismatic NDP'er that can't seem to decide what NDP'ers are anymore.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

And what if we find out Putin has been helping Trudeau and his buddies?

If he has been helping Trudeau, then that's the same issue as had he been helping Pierre.

If either party can be shown to know nothing about it.  Fine, but it is still questionable.

If either party is shown to have knowledge of it.  That's base treason.  

The issue though is that the RT campaigns have targeted conservative bloggers, media and influencers entirely with almost zero evidence of them targeting or helping left wing sources if the same type 

The evidence points directly towards it being a campaign geared towards pushing people's opinions towards the right which indicates a preference 

That being said I maintain Trudeau needs to go 

• Cheers 3

I honestly don't follow Canadian politics much tbh, but it doesn't take a genius to see how bad Trudeau is for Canada.

What's so bad about this polievre guy?.. From the limited interviews I heard him speak in he seems like a decent choice to me.. And between him and Singh, who'd you say is the better choice?.. If I were to vote today I'd vote for that Polievre dude, but I'm basically voting him in because I pretty much just want Trudeau gone, and I know nothing about the Singh guy other than he was talking about UBI or something.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

I honestly don't follow Canadian politics much tbh, but it doesn't take a genius to see how bad Trudeau is for Canada.

What's so bad about this polievre guy?.. From the limited interviews I heard him speak in he seems like a decent choice to me.. And between him and Singh, who'd you say is the better choice?.. If I were to vote today I'd vote for that Polievre dude, but I'm basically voting him in because I pretty much just want Trudeau gone, and I know nothing about the Singh guy other than he was talking about UBI or something.

He's a rage farmer with no plan. 

Literally Harper's empty suit.

Id suggest a little more research.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If he has been helping Trudeau, then that's the same issue as had he been helping Pierre.

If either party can be shown to know nothing about it.  Fine, but it is still questionable.

If either party is shown to have knowledge of it.  That's base treason.  

The issue though is that the RT campaigns have targeted conservative bloggers, media and influencers entirely with almost zero evidence of them targeting or helping left wing sources if the same type 

The evidence points directly towards it being a campaign geared towards pushing people's opinions towards the right which indicates a preference 

That being said I maintain Trudeau needs to go 

If it was only right wingers then the state owned media, the CBC, would have already leaked out all of the names…

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Frankly I'd say all three could go.

Our choices for PM are an overstayed and toxic Liberal, a petulant man child with no actual plan Conservative and an uncharismatic NDP'er that can't seem to decide what NDP'ers are anymore.

I wouldn't mind a Green/Bloc coalition government.  Might actually be an improvement over the three "mains".  :hurhur:

(I'm only half-joking. :classic_ninja: )

29 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I wouldn't mind a Green/Bloc coalition government.  Might actually be an improvement over the three "mains".  :hurhur:

(I'm only half-joking. :classic_ninja: )

I mentioned a week or two ago that I'd LOVE for the 4 main parties to each get about 22% of the seats each, then split the 12% over the Greens, PPC, independents etc. 

Figure it out a-holes 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

An alternative solution might be for the CBC to follow what the BBC did.  Might help it become more self-funded.

I'm not a big fan of CBC tbh, when you compare it to something like BBC it becomes apparent how badly the Toronto management has run it. For a group that gets over a billion in funding the shows are pretty bad.

I'm all for it getting revamped. Skippy just wants to eliminate a source of media his base demonizes. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, bolt said:

Why the need for taxpayer infused investment if their product was so good.  Their far out project is twice the price of star link.  Their company might have past success but this project seems unnecessary.

Screenshot_20240915_083506_X.jpg

Yea I mean why would we want to support a Canadian company when we can be reliant on Elon. We get none of the employment or industrial benefits but your boy Elon gets more. Solid plan.

Also sad to see a Canadian politician side with musk over our own industry. But hey it's in Quebec right?

Edited by Bob Long
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yea I mean why would we want to support a Canadian company when we can be reliant on Elon. We get none of the employment or industrial benefits but your boy Elon gets more. Solid plan.

Also sad to see a Canadian politician side with musk over our own industry. But hey it's in Quebec right?

Elon Muskovite is a true Canadian patriot though.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bolt said:

Why the need for taxpayer infused investment if their product was so good.  Their far out project is twice the price of star link.  Their company might have past success but this project seems unnecessary.

Screenshot_20240915_083506_X.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I see both sides of the conversation... Why is a company being "given" 2.14 Billion when Elon built it with his own money, no problem?

Yes, Starlink subscriptions are very expensive per month.

Does this canadian deal going to cost monthly subscriptions closer to what city people pay? or Free? However, Gov needs to stop paying for business up front because most of these deals never actually return the investment.

Its another Liberal scandal ready to go.

Just now, EastCoastExpress said:

I see both sides of the conversation... Why is a company being "given" 2.14 Billion when Elon built it with his own money, no problem?

SpaceX has been heavily subsidized and rewarded government contracts. 

Just now, EastCoastExpress said:

Yes, Starlink subscriptions are very expensive per month.

Does this canadian deal going to cost monthly subscriptions closer to what city people pay? or Free? However, Gov needs to stop paying for business up front because most of these deals never actually return the investment.

Its another Liberal scandal ready to go.

Where are you getting this idea from? Look up the history of NRC funding eg.