Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Do you got any actual counter points aside from "it's a stupid argument"?

Also, didn't answer my original question but whatever I guess.

Go look at the conservative fundraising emails, your answers lie within.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Do you got any actual counter points aside from "it's a stupid argument"?

Also, didn't answer my original question but whatever I guess.

Just come up with some proof.  You are entitled to an opinion but that's all your voicing.

So far it just sounds like 'Jag does not yet want to force an election and therefore it must be true that...'

10 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Did you even read this? They literally walked up to him while he was eating. Do you honestly think he is that stupid? Lol.

Tough fucking times for the left wingers right now. 

hey also took photos with them and also had various conservative senators and MPs stop in to say hi and shake hands

From their PM hopeful knowing literally nothing ever about the people he keeps hanging out with to their MPs also managing to know nothing about how they are associating with it's kind of sad.

Edited by Warhippy

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Just come up with some proof.  You are entitled to an opinion but that's all your voicing.

So far it just sounds like 'Jag does not yet want to force an election and therefore it must be true that...'

Occam's razor. It is just an opinion. 

I'll ask again for the third time. What does PP's pension size have to do with what the actual argument people were making was?

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

I'll ask again for the third time. What does PP's pension size have to do with what the actual argument people were making was?

I don't believe that you don't see the hypocrisy 

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Human nature.  Bring up an unproven theory about politician A's pension and others just might counter with common knowledge about politician BA's pension.

You've been around long enough to know this place.  Politics is ugly.

47 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

What does PP pension size have to do with the argument that Singh is holding out a federal election until he qualifies himself for a pension?

Got a problem with the size of his pension? Ok, but that's a completely different conversation. This is a lame attempt at a gotcha article. 

How is he holding up a federal election?  There isnt one scheduled until next fall and polls show a significant majority of Canadians don't want an early election

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, LaBamba said:

People want a centre government and in my opinion the CPC is that option. Most centrist support green energy, and lots of progressive ideology.  

Hey LB.

Sorry mate, if the CPC is the centrist option we're screwed.  I have read over their manifesto/platform and it is so full of social politics it is insane.  As well regarding reducing corporate taxes, the issue is it also suggests and insinuates that that lost $ will be pulled from other places.  That inevitably ends up meaning less services at higher costs.

There are good people in the CPC party.  With smart ideas.  But the CPC is exactly the same as the Libs.  Top down and beholden to the party line.

Centrists, they are not

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Do you walk up to total strangers while they’re eating dinner and start a conversation and ask for photos? 
It’s very strange behaviour for an adult to do this. 

Alf, this is about the most logical thing I have seen you post in here.  You're right.  What average person sees a super random back bencher in public in a restaurant and says I need a photo with them!

Like nobody, ever.

What the hell man are you on your meds and sober?

😛

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

How is he holding up a federal election?  There isnt one scheduled until next fall and polls show a significant majority of Canadians don't want an early election

Huh?

This is from January 

What Canadians surveyed think about the timing of the next federal election

Nearly one in two Canadians would prefer the next federal election take place before 2025, according to a recent survey conducted by Nanos Research.

When it comes to their preference for the timing of the next national vote, 46 per cent of survey respondents indicated they either wanted the next election to happen as soon as possible, or in 2024. 

Based on the Nanos survey(opens in a new tab), just 33 per cent of respondents said they'd prefer to wait the full four years before having to cast their next federal ballot, in 2025.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/what-canadians-surveyed-think-about-the-timing-of-the-next-federal-election-1.6709260

Not sure where you are getting your information from...

As if the Liberals tanking poll numbers weren't signal enough.

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hey LB.

Sorry mate, if the CPC is the centrist option we're screwed.  I have read over their manifesto/platform and it is so full of social politics it is insane.  As well regarding reducing corporate taxes, the issue is it also suggests and insinuates that that lost $ will be pulled from other places.  That inevitably ends up meaning less services at higher costs.

There are good people in the CPC party.  With smart ideas.  But the CPC is exactly the same as the Libs.  Top down and beholden to the party line.

Centrists, they are not

I can't believe anyone would even try to sell the Cons as a centrist party anymore

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Huh?

This is from January 

What Canadians surveyed think about the timing of the next federal election

Nearly one in two Canadians would prefer the next federal election take place before 2025, according to a recent survey conducted by Nanos Research.

When it comes to their preference for the timing of the next national vote, 46 per cent of survey respondents indicated they either wanted the next election to happen as soon as possible, or in 2024. 

Based on the Nanos survey(opens in a new tab), just 33 per cent of respondents said they'd prefer to wait the full four years before having to cast their next federal ballot, in 2025.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/what-canadians-surveyed-think-about-the-timing-of-the-next-federal-election-1.6709260

From a week ago.  An Ipsos poll shows that at least 56% of Canadians don't want an early election.  

https://globalnews.ca/news/10750524/canada-election-poll-ndp-liberal-deal-trudeau/

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

No I don't. The dude has been a member of parliament since 2004. No shit he has a good pension.

Ok I'll explain it, a political lifer is critical of another politician following the same career path.

Get it now?

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Ok I'll explain it, a political lifer is critical of another politician following the same career path.

Get it now?

No, because that's not at all what's being said lol

Look I'm all for Singh getting his pension. Dude should go for that bag. But trying to shift the conversation to change the narrative is just lame.

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

No, because that's not at all what's being said lol

Look I'm all for Singh getting his pension. Dude should go for that bag. But trying to shift the conversation to change the narrative is just lame.

What narrative shift do you think you see?

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

What does PP pension size have to do with the argument that Singh is holding out a federal election until he qualifies himself for a pension?

Got a problem with the size of his pension? Ok, but that's a completely different conversation. This is a lame attempt at a gotcha article. 

Besides how laughably hypocritical it is... Singh, regardless of any outcome of seats for his party next election, is under zero threat of losing HIS riding. His pension is under less than zero threat regardless of when an election happens. Like most conservative arguments, it's full of holes and crumbles under any actual scrutiny.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Can't possibly be Poilivre previously advocating for a two term limit for MPs and now wasting tax dollars on him for the rest of his life.

It's funny that the Skippy minions think PP has a right to an early election 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Besides how laughably hypocritical it is... Singh, regardless of any outcome of seats for his party next election, is under zero threat of losing HIS riding. His pension is under less than zero threat regardless of when an election happens. Like most conservative arguments, it's full of holes and crumbles under any actual scrutiny.

His base is also the portion of Canadians most opposed to the destruction Poilivre is planning.  Delaying that and hoping Trudeau steps down is preferable.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

It's funny that the Skippy minions think PP has a right to an early election 

Well they seem to have a great deal of difficulty understanding how our political system in general works, thinking Trudeau is a dictator with a minority government, and blaming the Feds for provincial issues.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

What you call "holding out" would be termed by most folks as waiting until an election is mandated....

Edited by RupertKBD

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

What you call "holding out" would be termed by most folks as waiting until an election is mandated....

What you conveniently leave out is it's the absolute latest that the election can be held. Kinda why at that point it's "mandated"