Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

What you conveniently leave out is it's the absolute latest that the election can be held. Kinda why at that point it's "mandated"

If I hand in my work by the deadline, my boss doesn't have a problem with it.

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

So? Don't be surprised when people question whether he's holding out or not. You seriously don't think if the NDP wasn't polling better they wouldn't force an election? Of course they would 

Is there some rule that says an early election has to be called, just because some people don't like the current government?

Besides, I could turn that point around. Would you and the rest of the conservatives be pushing so hard for an EARLY election, if they weren't polling well?

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Is there some rule that says an early election has to be called, just because some people don't like the current government?

Besides, I could turn that point around. Would you and the rest of the conservatives be pushing so hard for an EARLY election, if they weren't polling well?

I always laugh at these whataboutism's. Yes, yes I would because the liberals under Justin Trudeau are hot garbage and I want to see a change. The Liberals aren't polling well and there's plenty of good reasons as to why. I don't subscribe to the team philosophy of politics so many in this thread seem to champion. I vote for who i think we'll be best for my current situation and future. I have voted liberal in the past so 🤷

I always laugh at these whataboutism's. Yes, yes I would because the liberals under Justin Trudeau are hot garbage and I want to see a change. The Liberals aren't polling well and there's plenty of good reasons as to why. I don't subscribe to the team philosophy of politics so many in this thread seem to champion. I vote for who i think we'll be best for my current situation and future. I have voted liberal in the past so 🤷

None of that has anything to do with what I said. There is no requirement for an early election and "I want one" isn't a compelling argument. Besides, as @stawns pointed out, most Canadians don't.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

It's a good thing it's a democracy then am I right?

It sure is.

Otherwise people who whinge like the girl at the prom who's boyfriend ditched her to go fuck the cheerleader, would get a new election any time they want, through sheer dint of complaining....

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

None of that has anything to do with what I said. There is no requirement for an early election and "I want one" isn't a compelling argument. Besides, as @stawns pointed out, most Canadians don't.

You asked me a question and I answered? I didn't say any of that so I'm not sure what you are trying to imply?

Saying most Canadians when the percentage is only 56% is quite generous...

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

You asked me a question and I answered? I didn't say any of that so I'm not sure what you are trying to imply?

Saying most Canadians when the percentage is only 56% is quite generous...

Yes, you did....

13 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

BTW: 56% is most Canadians. 44% is least.... more than 100% only exists in speeches by football coaches.....

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It sure is.

Otherwise people who whinge like the girl at the prom who's boyfriend ditched her to go fuck the cheerleader, would get a new election any time they want, through sheer dint of complaining....

Sounds like you had a rough prom? That's what your generation called it right? Those memories sure last a lifetime. Is there anything else you would like to share with the class? I promise we are here to listen ❤️

Yes, you did....

BTW: 56% is most Canadians. 44% is least.... more than 100% only exists in speeches by football coaches.....

I said I want Trudeau out not that I specifically am calling for an early election. Da hell?

Sounds like you had a rough prom? That's what your generation called it right? Those memories sure last a lifetime. Is there anything else you would like to share with the class? I promise we are here to listen ❤️

We called it "Grad" and mine was awesome.

I'm sure yours will be as well.....

• Haha 1

I said I want Trudeau out not that I specifically am calling for an early election. Da hell?

This entire discussion started with you whining about Jag not calling an early election. If you're going to change the narrative, you'd be better off doing it with someone who isn't paying attention.

This entire discussion started with you whining about Jag not calling an early election. If you're going to change the narrative, you'd be better off doing it with someone who isn't paying attention.

Huh? No actually it did not. It started with me asking a simple question. What does PP pension size have to do with people arguing that he's holding out for his pension? PP pension has nothing to do with anything. Never once did I say he needs to call an election. I really don't care. The liberals are most likely done regardless when they hold the election.

As a guy that voted NDP, I really hope Jag does not call for an early election.

Also, PP should think about stopping calling Jag names like 'Sellout Singh' if he wants any cooperation. I have recently gotten the impression that Jag does not like to be called names. 

Huh? No actually it did not. It started with me asking a simple question. What does PP pension size have to do with people arguing that he's holding out for his pension? PP pension has nothing to do with anything. Never once did I say he needs to call an election. I really don't care. The liberals are most likely done regardless when they hold the election.

So let me get this straight....you say Jag is "holding out"....I say there is no reason for him to call an early election and the back and forth begins.....

Now you're saying that you weren't advocating for an early election? :classic_huh:

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Ahhh insults. What happened to attack the post and not the poster? Pretty sad if you ask me

What was the "ah honey" bit about, again?

If I hurt your feelings, feel free to report it....

Edited by RupertKBD

16 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

That's what your generation called it right?

While we are concerned about personal insults, I picked up on your ageism crack here.

They still call it prom, some places call it grad.