Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Is Pierre actually better though?

Be honest.  20+ years in office with his voting history, lies and track record.

Is Pierre actually better?

I'm waiting to hear three good things about PP.

Trudeau has had success vs trump.

Trudeau got ab oil to tidewater.

Trudeau has increased international trade.

Now someone do PP.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Now someone do PP.

It's almost like people forgot what Pierre did while in power and what he has claimed he did then turned around and lied about.

Remember when he was "housing minister" but actually wasn't.  He claims he was, but people and even he said he wasn't but now housing is an issue he claims he was again

Let's not forget his other claims statements and voting history either.

Like his secretarial role in the G8/G20 scandals.  You know, almost 2 billion spent.  Much of it sole sourced to a single company.  But hey, arrivescam app.  Nigel Wright and Duffy?  Office of religious freedoms?  Old Stock Canadians?  Comments about natives and the poor?  Voting history around abortion?  His first two terms as the darling of the 2 largest anti abortion groups in Canada?  Him and Calandra doing all the talking for Harper during question period?  Defending 3 consecutive omnibus budgets?  

2 decades of this guy and suddenly he's a viable option.  

I ask again for anyone to tell me.  How is he somehow magically better than Trudeau?  What qualities does he have that somehow make him a better option for leadership?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Now someone do PP.

He did successfully pull off an epic pantry raid on the Delta Pi's

e924fe4b-ef19-4a6f-b316-a66f815fbf38_text.gif

• Haha 1

PP is demanding that since he is up in the polls government must agree to go to an election or Canada is broken 

How in the hell will he ever be able to govern?  After he wins and the libs turf Trudeau following the loss and after his first budget it's likely that the liberals will poll higher .... So that means another election ? Not a chance 

PP has been taking a pay cheque and not doing his job to counter government with alternatives ....  We are literally paying cons for performance acting in attempt grab power 

I'm not proud of Trudeau but PP is an embarrassment to our country 

• ThereItIs 1

58 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Is Pierre actually better though?

Be honest.  20+ years in office with his voting history, lies and track record.

Is Pierre actually better?

Never said he was better, and he personally isn't.  However, I will not vote for a Liberal government under Trudeau ever again, so I am voting Conservative.  I'd like to see more fiscal responsibility from our federal government, lower corporate taxes and a balanced budget.  I'd also like to see immigration under control and putting Canadians first.  In order to balance the budget, the Conservatives will have to use the Liberal playbook from when Chretien and Martin were in charge...

If these things don't happen under a PP administration then we can vote them out the next time...

Just heard today my local school district is offering a program to start students in a nursing program in their grade 12 year, much like a number of trades programs. This requires coordination with post secondary institutions, as the students will actually attend for half the school year, so this generally means coordination with many other districts as well. Anyhoo, I remember someone posting in here that this would be a great idea so thought I'd share the news.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

What does Skippy actually bring, besides change for change sake? 

Honestly tell me the three best things about Skippy.

I'm not voting for Skippy, I'm voting for the Conservative Party.  I'd like to see lower corporate taxes, a balanced budget, get immigration under control and cut government expenses.  

I want PP to link immigration to housing like he said he would.  Penalize municipalities if they don't cut the red tape and play ball.  

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm not voting for Skippy, I'm voting for the Conservative Party.  I'd like to see lower corporate taxes, a balanced budget, get immigration under control and cut government expenses.  

I want PP to link immigration to housing like he said he would.  Penalize municipalities if they don't cut the red tape and play ball.  

Why lower taxes for corporations?  Their current record profits year after year while the rest of us eat shit aren't enough?

Why do you want a balanced budget?  Who do they borrow money from?

If we don't significantly boost immigration, and I mean substantially, Canada is in a ton of trouble in the next 10-20 years.  We absolutely do not have a favourable population pyramid.  You can't hide from demographics 

Linking housing to immigration is just another racist dog whistle used to whip up the nutters 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why lower taxes for corporations?  Their current record profits year after year while the rest of us eat shit aren't enough?

Why do you want a balanced budget?  Who do they borrow money from?

If we don't significantly boost immigration, and I mean substantially, Canada is in a ton of trouble in the next 10-20 years.  We absolutely do not have a favourable population pyramid.  You can't hide from demographics 

Linking housing to immigration is just another racist dog whistle used to whip up the nutters 

You sound like a typical leftist...

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

No answer?

What am I supposed to answer?  Am I supposed to defend balanced budgets?  Like seriously?  Only someone on the extreme left would be against a balanced budget. 

Lowering corporate taxes is good for business. Has nothing to do with record profits. I’m not talking about Walmart. I’m talking about all the small businesses out there that have been getting fucked up the ass for the last 9 years. It’s easy for you as a union member with a guaranteed salary and a pension to talk shit about the business community. I care about my fellow small business owners and want them to succeed and thrive under a new government. 

As for immigration, again a typical leftist throwing out the race card.  Like nobody takes you seriously anymore. And now you are suddenly concerned about the next 10-20 years?  What makes you think the next 10-20 years will be better from mass uncontrolled immigration?  

Under your plan of yearly deficits, mass uncontrolled immigration and higher corporate taxes while printing money like its candy in order to pay for everything, this country will become Venezuela in 10-20 years. 

50 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Never said he was better, and he personally isn't.  However, I will not vote for a Liberal government under Trudeau ever again, so I am voting Conservative.  I'd like to see more fiscal responsibility from our federal government, lower corporate taxes and a balanced budget.  I'd also like to see immigration under control and putting Canadians first.  In order to balance the budget, the Conservatives will have to use the Liberal playbook from when Chretien and Martin were in charge...

If these things don't happen under a PP administration then we can vote them out the next time...

Like PP’s earlier ads, a penny here, a penny there, meanwhile Canada hasn’t dealt with pennies for a couple of years, before his ad came out anyway. Talk about out of touch.

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What am I supposed to answer?  Am I supposed to defend balanced budgets?  Like seriously?  Only someone on the extreme left would be against a balanced budget. 

Lowering corporate taxes is good for business. Has nothing to do with record profits. I’m not talking about Walmart. I’m talking about all the small businesses out there that have been getting fucked up the ass for the last 9 years. It’s easy for you as a union member with a guaranteed salary and a pension to talk shit about the business community. I care about my fellow small business owners and want them to succeed and thrive under a new government. 

As for immigration, again a typical leftist throwing out the race card.  Like nobody takes you seriously anymore. And now you are suddenly concerned about the next 10-20 years?  What makes you think the next 10-20 years will be better from mass uncontrolled immigration?  

Under your plan of yearly deficits, mass uncontrolled immigration and higher corporate taxes while printing money like its candy in order to pay for everything, this country will become Venezuela in 10-20 years. 

Yeah, trickle down economics has worked so well for the middle class since the 80's.  I mean why not finish off the middle class once and for all and push the rest of their wealth to the top.

Again, who does the government borrow money from to pay for programs, services etc?  

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yeah, trickle down economics has worked so well for the middle class since the 80's.  I mean why not finish off the middle class once and for all and push the rest of their wealth to the top.

Again, who does the government borrow money from to pay for programs, services etc?  

Are you suggesting small business owners are not middle class?  Are you seriously that out of touch with reality?

The government prints its own money. That’s why we have inflation. Under your plan of yearly deficits and uncontrolled government spending, the government will need to print billions of dollars every year. This will cause massive inflation. We will need to print money just to pay the yearly interest payment on the debt. 

Does Trudeau even have a plan to pay the $40 billion interest payment in 2025?  Let me guess. He will tax the rich to pay for it. Wealth redistribution.  That will be the running theme when we turn into Venezuela. 

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are you suggesting small business owners are not middle class?  Are you seriously that out of touch with reality?

The government prints its own money. That’s why we have inflation. Under your plan of yearly deficits and uncontrolled government spending, the government will need to print billions of dollars every year. This will cause massive inflation. We will need to print money just to pay the yearly interest payment on the debt. 

Does Trudeau even have a plan to pay the $40 billion interest payment in 2025?  Let me guess. He will tax the rich to pay for it. Wealth redistribution.  That will be the running theme when we turn into Venezuela. 

Again, when the government borrows money, to pay for services, who are they borrowing it from?