Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Too bad the NDP doesn’t have a new Jack Layton in the ranks. What exactly worries you about a Conservative government?  What would they do that would be worse than the current Liberal government?

Probably what he said...

3 hours ago, 112 said:

-pharma, dental and child care--although they're not the greatest measures and there's a grave risk that the next (Conservative) government undoes it all with their prospective majority.

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thank you Jim.

It's important to remember that PP isnt the reason for the cons rise. JT is.

It's amazing that some people cant see how weak and insincere PP is. They think because the polls are up, he has something to do with it. He doesn't.

I truely believe if he would stop acting like such a child that the Cons would have even more support. In fact, I think he might hurt them between now and the next election. There is still quite a bit of time. 

PP also seems to take joy in antagonizing people.

Do we really want a troll for pm?

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Too bad the NDP doesn’t have a new Jack Layton in the ranks. What exactly worries you about a Conservative government?  What would they do that would be worse than the current Liberal government?

They will allow needless abortion laws to happen.

Skippy will align us with and cave into trump on trade.

He will kill pharma and dental programs, just hurting seniors, mostly women.

He'll start needless fighting with municipalities.

He'll probably screw up immigration.

Do I need to continue? PP has no real world experience, he's all yap.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Probably what he said...

Have the Conservatives stated that they will get rid of it all?  Or is it just some fear mongering happening?

The problem with this Liberal government is they racked up their credit card and spent more than they had. Now somebody else has to come and clean up the mess. Might be some difficult choices ahead for the next government. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Have the Conservatives stated that they will get rid of it all?  Or is it just some fear mongering happening?

The problem with this Liberal government is they racked up their credit card and spent more than they had. Now somebody else has to come and clean up the mess. Might be some difficult choices ahead for the next government. 

I was just trying to save 112 from repeating himself.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

They will allow needless abortion laws to happen.

Skippy will align us with and cave into trump on trade.

He will kill pharma and dental programs, just hurting seniors, mostly women.

He'll start needless fighting with municipalities.

He'll probably screw up immigration.

Do I need to continue? PP has no real world experience, he's all yap.

Most of that is just speculation and fear mongering to be totally honest with you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

And I was chastised for calling Jagmeet Singh unhinged?  He needs to resign now.  He’s a complete nut job…

PP started it all with his verbal attack mocking Singh, then sitting back and smirking at the shit he disturbed like a 6th grade bully.  Absolutely not the kind of behaviour you want from a potential leader of a country.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 3

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Most of that is just speculation and fear mongering to be totally honest with you. 

If all the parties changed leaders, which party would you align most with?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Nope I've given you links to all of it over the last few months. 

Their ideas are there for anyone who wants to look past the twitter bs and antagonizing pp likes to get headlines for 

The CPC ties to Trumps trade team are really troubling. Harper has laid that ground work.

PP is an awful person. His low character will hurt Canada.

But millenial boys are mad and want revenge.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kinda ironic that the left critizes PP for fear mongering and then do the same thing to counter his effort. PP is another Trump and will hollow out ALL social programs and destroy civil rights. Did I miss anything? The left hate free enterprise and yet critize PP for being a career politician. Yet they are/were big supporters of the ultimate career politican Joe Biden. Oh ya I seem to remember another name, Stanley Knowles. Hmm...  Oh, another just jumped up, Tom Mulcair another career civil servant....

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Kinda ironic that the left critizes PP for fear mongering and then do the same thing to counter his effort. PP is another Trump and will hollow out ALL social programs and destroy civil rights. Did I miss anything? The left hate free enterprise and yet critize PP for being a career politician. Yet they are/were big supporters of the ultimate career politican Joe Biden. Oh ya I seem to remember another name, Stanley Knowles. Hmm...  Oh, another just jumped up, Tom Mulcair another career civil servant....

Maybe it just doesn't matter to you. Things like alignment with the US Christian right or Tucker Carlson might not sit poorly with you, I don't know.

But it's not fear mongering. All of this has been backed up many times over.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Now that there is some wide brush strokes.

You just brought up Joe Biden into a Canadain politics thread. Have you had a look at who Biden's opposition was/is? and you used this the bolster your nonsense about the left?!?

Good grief Charlie, MAGA is a thing of it's own...its no longer a right/left thing. Have a look at how many Repubs are against Trump, how many of his former staff including the VP are against him. 

Yeah, I'm gonna have to give you an F on your submission here today. 

• ThereItIs 1

50 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

They will allow needless abortion laws to happen. Social Conservatives. 

Skippy will align us with and cave into trump on trade. Alt Right Conservatives

He will kill pharma and dental programs, just hurting seniors, mostly women. Fiscal Conservatives.

He'll start needless fighting with municipalities. Not sure what to call them but "Doug Ford" Conservatives

He'll probably screw up immigration. Good Canadian Stock Conservatives.

Do I need to continue? PP has no real world experience, he's all yap. The one key uniting bond among the right wing: What is in it for Me Conservatives. 

You got most of the Conservative Coalition listed there. Is there any we missed? 

Poilievre wants power, no matter what and at all costs. He will keep doing exactly what he is doing because it appears to be working. 

• ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

And I was chastised for calling Jagmeet Singh unhinged?  He needs to resign now.  He’s a complete nut job…

When you provoke, goad and troll a man and then wave him over and call him on you don't get to pretend to be a victim.

All Pierre is is a troll.

Good luck with that when he actually has to stand on his own two feet and doesn't have someone to focus his attention on.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

You got most of the Conservative Coalition listed there. Is there any we missed? 

Poilievre wants power, no matter what and at all costs. He will keep doing exactly what he is doing because it appears to be working. 

But you are just fear mongering dude.

It's all there. 

PPs use of social media distraction is Trump 101. That should tell people something.

59 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

People saying Jag is unhinged and unfit for politics must have lost sleep when after the Shawinigan handshake.

Is this how far we have shriveled into our body cavities that a man cant stand up and say 'im right here' to a person that has been attacking him nonstop for a while now? trying to bully him into doing the cons wishes?

Good for Jag, 

When the convoy is in Ottawa threatening people, or they are knocking protestors off of roads or train tracks, or throwing natives out of their homes to build pipelines or throwing rocks at the PM or threatening Liberal MPs or fist fighting protestors at universities or political summits.

It's "ok"

The moment someone from the other side of the spectrum stands up to their make up wearing girdle sporting champion and his mouthpieces after goading him down, he's dangerous a threat and unfit for office.

Sad

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I get that some MP's are criticizing Jag.....it's politics....But I can't believe how many Nancy's we have ITT.....Faux outrage and pearl clutching at is finest.....:classic_rolleyes:

I thought you cons were supposed to be the tough guys and we were the Soyboys? :picard: