Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

1. one whose political m.o. finds it impractical to use (ie. instead of just farming rage)

2. one who adheres to the mantra of plausible deniability

3. one who is compromised and can't get the clearance

There's three possible reasons above. And that's just off the top of my head, so there are likely other reasons that pp has been subscribing to.

It's likely a mix of all three. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/former-canadian-politician-suspected-of-working-for-foreign-government-csis/ar-AA1rkk6U?bncnt=BroadcastNews_BreakingNews&FORM=BNC001&ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0a7ca4fc73424f708d5ac4b4ae6ee75a&ei=15

"

Aformer Canadian politician is suspected of trying to influence Parliament’s work on behalf of a foreign government, according to documents released by the foreign interference commission Friday.

No identifying information about the parliamentarian — whether they were a senator or MP, or what party they belonged to — was included in the documents, nor was the country they were allegedly working for named.

But it’s a previously unknown instance of direct foreign interference in Canada’s democracy.

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), working with other security and intelligence agencies, produced a list of six significant instances of suspected foreign interference in recent years.

Four were previously detailed by Justice Marie-Josée Hogue’s inquiry into foreign influence operations in the 2019 and 2021 federal elections. The remaining two had not been previously disclosed to the public.

In addition to the parliamentarian suspected to have clandestinely worked for a foreign government, the list also included an instance of another state working to block the election of a Liberal MP.

“Reporting indicates a foreign government undertook several actions, including interference, to reduce the likelihood of a specific Liberal candidate from being elected federally,” the document read.

“It is suspected that the foreign government sought to thwart the candidate’s bid given their support for issues perceived to be contrary to the foreign government’s interests.”

25 minutes ago, bolt said:

Funny most people think he is more of a human than JT aka the clown who failed Canada.

OK let's do this.

Most people think he is more of a human than JT?  Based on what?  Who are these "most" you speak of?  What makes him more of a human in your opinion?

How did JT fail Canada?  How is Canada failing?  What did JT personally do to fail the nation?  How does this failure stack up to 20+ years in office as a career politician with a 2+ term majority government?

11 minutes ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/former-canadian-politician-suspected-of-working-for-foreign-government-csis/ar-AA1rkk6U?bncnt=BroadcastNews_BreakingNews&FORM=BNC001&ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0a7ca4fc73424f708d5ac4b4ae6ee75a&ei=15

"

Aformer Canadian politician is suspected of trying to influence Parliament’s work on behalf of a foreign government, according to documents released by the foreign interference commission Friday.

No identifying information about the parliamentarian — whether they were a senator or MP, or what party they belonged to — was included in the documents, nor was the country they were allegedly working for named.

But it’s a previously unknown instance of direct foreign interference in Canada’s democracy.

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), working with other security and intelligence agencies, produced a list of six significant instances of suspected foreign interference in recent years.

Four were previously detailed by Justice Marie-Josée Hogue’s inquiry into foreign influence operations in the 2019 and 2021 federal elections. The remaining two had not been previously disclosed to the public.

In addition to the parliamentarian suspected to have clandestinely worked for a foreign government, the list also included an instance of another state working to block the election of a Liberal MP.

“Reporting indicates a foreign government undertook several actions, including interference, to reduce the likelihood of a specific Liberal candidate from being elected federally,” the document read.

“It is suspected that the foreign government sought to thwart the candidate’s bid given their support for issues perceived to be contrary to the foreign government’s interests.”

I'm gonna go with Harper's secret meetings with Trump staff.

Just now, King Heffy said:

So it's fine for you to dehumanize Trudeau, but when the same is done to Poilivre, you resort to telling people to get help?  Seems strange to me.

You keep saying people like pierre aren't human.  Even your own kind say you're out of line. What does that tell you?  

16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

OK let's do this.

Most people think he is more of a human than JT?  Based on what?  Who are these "most" you speak of?  What makes him more of a human in your opinion?

How did JT fail Canada?  How is Canada failing?  What did JT personally do to fail the nation?  How does this failure stack up to 20+ years in office as a career politician with a 2+ term majority government?

Most people have a hard time living day to day.  Crime is up, cost of living is up...

Are you doing better than 9 years ago? Are we more divided than 9 years ago?  

1 minute ago, bolt said:

You keep saying people like pierre aren't human.  Even your own kind say you're out of line. What does that tell you?  

When someone is as much of a bigot as Poilivre, they're indeed less than human.  You upped the ante by speaking for others with your dehumanization of Trudeau.  What does that say about you?

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So it's fine for you to dehumanize Trudeau, but when the same is done to Poilivre, you resort to telling people to get help?  Seems strange to me.

I was wrong in replying in your style to your raging rants.

No one should be referred to as vermin.

Just now, bolt said:

Then Poilivre should start acting like a human and cut out the bigotry and support for domestic terrorists.  Respecting how the democratic process works in Canada would be a nice bonus, but that's really asking a lot from him.

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

Most people have a hard time living day to day.  Crime is up, cost of living is up...

Are you doing better than 9 years ago? Are we more divided than 9 years ago?  

I am absolutely doing better than I was 9 years ago.  I own a second property two homes have a quality savings account and two paid off vehicles.  Both my daughters have accumulated savings and RESPS approaching $15k and we just paid for a breast lift and augmentation for my wife without financing.

I don't complain about my situation I pivot and find a way to make more money through my business.  I work my ass off and so does my partner.  We don't do vacations or eat out much and we bust our humps on a daily basis.  Hard work vs complaining about a situation we won't work to change for the better.

Crime has been increasing for almost 2 decades beyond a couple of odd years.  The cost of living is going up because the cost of housing, food and fuel is going up.  Which increase the cost of EVERYTHING and none of it is because of the federal government because they dont control the cost of fuel food or housing.

Are we more divided now than 9 years ago?  Yes we are.  Why?  Because some fucking whiners refuse to accept the simple truth.  That the bulk of the issues in their life are caused by them.  They need a boogie man and instead of taking accountability and working to improve their situation by moving, retraining or working harder, they listen to fuck wits like Pierre, Keanne Bexte, Charlie Kirk or the like and blame the government.  They refuse to believe that there can be any other situation for their current problems because someone who has NEVER had to work hard in their lives told them so.

But this isn't about that.  I asked you VERY simple questions which you either are unable, unwilling or incapable of answering.  So I will ask again.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, bolt said:

I absolutely agree with you Bolt.  Calling people on the other side of the political spectrum vermin or nazi scum is literally no different than calling liberals or democrats pedophiles communists or traitors.

it serves zero purpose and helps nobody.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

One thing I would like Pierre t answer for is how he has openly spoken out of both sides of his mouth.

People keep saying "Look At Trudeau"

But Trudeau won't be the PM around this time next year without some sort of major shift in opinion and polling.  The writing is on the wall.  He is gone.

Which means Pierre WILL be the PM.  Which means he needs to actively and actually start answering for things he is saying, has been saying and how he is acting.

Case in point is lobbyists.  he has called them worthless, useless and says they have zero point existing.

But...he is also constantly accepting the at his private events, has been meeting with them and has been LOVING their donations.

Lobbyists are a terrifying reality and for someone to rightfully say they don't have any place in their establishment while happily meeting with them and accepting their money is scary and raises huge questions about accountability, ethics and what has been promised in return for these donations 

People rightfully should be asking Pierre these questions and holding him accountable.  At this point he WILL be our next PM and if Trudeau is so bad, how exactly is he better if he is doing the exact same things he is complaining that trudeau does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I am absolutely doing better than I was 9 years ago.  I own a second property two homes have a quality savings account and two paid off vehicles.  Both my daughters have accumulated savings and RESPS approaching $15k and we just paid for a breast lift and augmentation for my wife without financing.

I don't complain about my situation I pivot and find a way to make more money through my business.  I work my ass off and so does my partner.  We don't do vacations or eat out much and we bust our humps on a daily basis.  Hard work vs complaining about a situation we won't work to change for the better.

That's just too much personal information to be sharing Hippy...   😊

How do they look?  I have a friend who is asking...   😉

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's just too much personal information to be sharing Hippy...   😊

How does it look, I have a friend who is asking...   😉

Those gd operations are over $15k now!  I actually looked at a gently used bmw r 1250 enduro but my accident leaves me semi unable to operate a bike at speed without major mods.

Looks...painful.  We're day 4 

Bottom line is that financially I am vastly better off than I was 9 years ago and the truth is, most people are.  But things are insanely expensive and a large part of that reason is that corporations are openly screwing us and we don't have any level of government in the west really outside of France or maybe Germany that has the balls to fight back

• Cheers 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Those gd operations are over $15k now!  I actually looked at a gently used bmw r 1250 enduro but my accident leaves me semi unable to operate a bike at speed without major mods.

Looks...painful.  We're day 4 

Bottom line is that financially I am vastly better off than I was 9 years ago and the truth is, most people are.  But things are insanely expensive and a large part of that reason is that corporations are openly screwing us and we don't have any level of government in the west really outside of France or maybe Germany that has the balls to fight back

My friend had them done.  They looked great 20 years ago after she had all the kids.  Now, they have actually increased in size and she says they are very painful sometimes.  She's thinking about having the reverse surgery now...

51 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My friend had them done.  They looked great 20 years ago after she had all the kids.  Now, they have actually increased in size and she says they are very painful sometimes.  She's thinking about having the reverse surgery now...

Pamela Anderson had hers removed also.  I see her in Save On from time to time.  Without make up you would never know who she was now unless you live here.

She is really short.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Most people have a hard time living day to day. 

most people? 

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Crime is up,

it is a little, but its still quite low: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/240725/cg-b001-eng.htm

3 hours ago, bolt said:

cost of living is up...

you think the carbon tax elimination is going to change this for you? good luck. 

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Are you doing better than 9 years ago?

I am. Most people I know are. 

3 hours ago, bolt said:

Are we more divided than 9 years ago?  

just because the right is in a snit, it doesn't mean Canada is "divided". You guys divided yourselves.