Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

'Canada is broken, only I can fix it'

dumb ass- can't topple the 'worst, most divisive, woke government ever'

2 tries- both failures.

bozo trying to make people think he's the dude that can fix Canada.-What a failure.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/poilievre-s-2nd-non-confidence-motion-against-trudeau-government-fails/ar-AA1rx1Im?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d28bfa33717b4e9e9ef85def3eaaf3c5&ei=48

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government survived a second attempt by the Conservatives to topple it with a non-confidence motion in the House Commons on Tuesday, with the NDP and the Bloc Quebecois voting against the Conservative motion.

The motion was voted down by 207 MPs with 120 voting for it on Tuesday. On Sept. 25, MPs had voted down the first attempt by 211-120.

---------------------------------

mal

---------------------------------------------------------

Pierre can't do math- don't put him in charge of the economy. Actually math is very important- maybe don't put Pierre in charge of anything.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gurn said:

'Canada is broken, only I can fix it'

dumb ass- can't topple the 'worst, most divisive, woke government ever'

2 tries- both failures.

bozo trying to make people think he's the dude that can fix Canada.-What a failure.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/poilievre-s-2nd-non-confidence-motion-against-trudeau-government-fails/ar-AA1rx1Im?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d28bfa33717b4e9e9ef85def3eaaf3c5&ei=48

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government survived a second attempt by the Conservatives to topple it with a non-confidence motion in the House Commons on Tuesday, with the NDP and the Bloc Quebecois voting against the Conservative motion.

The motion was voted down by 207 MPs with 120 voting for it on Tuesday. On Sept. 25, MPs had voted down the first attempt by 211-120.

---------------------------------

mal

---------------------------------------------------------

Pierre can't do math- don't put him in charge of the economy. Actually math is very important- maybe don't put Pierre in charge of anything.

Trudeau admitted he can’t add 8+6…

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Can we all agree that Premier Moron is a prime example of the type of person who should not hold public office.  Yet she is  a leader.

But but Trudope is destroying our country.  

Seriously, this surprised me.

Can some one fill me in, what is the conspiracy... what would the US dept of Defense be spraying on us?

I mean, I have heard the idea of 'chem trails' but only in a full-on looney tune way, something like 'mind control stuff being released'...can that be what she is eluding to?

I did notice that when she referenced the fire dept and airport... she said 'my' fire dept, 'my' airport.

Wow, Alb, this is your leader...

6 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

Careful kids, your bias is unzipped.

Smith said that someone else told her it was the US Dept of Defense.

Smith said there is no evidence.

Smith said she would investigate if anyone had information.

Paraphrased for the simple.

It's really about her not discounting it right away.  If you know some science, and you know how condensation in the upper atmosphere works, and you know how contrails work, you'd just brush chemtrails off as a folk tale.  Simply put, Provincial Premiers should be better advised.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

It's really about her not discounting it right away.  If you know some science, and you know how condensation in the upper atmosphere works, and you know how contrails work, you'd just brush chemtrails off as a folk tale.  Simply put, Provincial Premiers should be better advised.

When the Pentagon and NORAD have to respond to a Canadian Premier to address nonsense like that it’s more than a little embarrassing.

In a statement, a Pentagon spokesperson said the US Department of Defence has no knowledge of any aircraft currently spraying chemicals over Alberta.

“No sir,” a spokesperson for US Secretary of Defence Lloyd Austin told PressProgress.

The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), a bi-national organization responsible for defending the airspace of Canada and the United States, also confirmed no aircraft under its command are spraying chemicals on Alberta.

“NORAD and US Northern Command are not conducting any flight activities in Canada that involve the spraying of chemicals,” a NORAD spokesperson told PressProgress.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Maninthebox said:

Looks like we have the right person for the job then.....

2 hours ago, Satchmo said:

It really isn't. The Twitter post blatantly misrepresented what she said, going so far as to falsely apply the statement as her quote, with the obvious intention of misleading the already biased and gullible. 

Which part of no evidence isn't succinct enough..?

Disingenuous sensationalism isn't worth defending.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Maninthebox said:

It really isn't. The Twitter post blatantly misrepresented what she said, going so far as to falsely apply the statement as her quote, with the obvious intention of misleading the already biased and gullible. 

While it is true that it is misleading and not actually her quote, the post does include the video with her own words and she is blatantly repeating hearsay blaming the US military and adding that if true “I don’t know that I would have much power if that’s the case” and as far as she can ascertain there is no evidence that any private sector company is involved or any of our departments involved. 

She is just repeating bunk and adding personal deniability with the old “well a lotta people are saying…” defense. Her words are every bit disingenuous as the tweet itself and embarrassing.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

While it is true that it is misleading and not actually her quote, the post does include the video with her own words and she is blatantly repeating hearsay blaming the US military and adding that if true “I don’t know that I would have much power if that’s the case” and as far as she can ascertain there is no evidence that any private sector company is involved or any of our departments involved. 

She is just repeating bunk and adding personal deniability with the old “well a lotta people are saying…” defense. Her words are every bit disingenuous as the tweet itself and embarrassing.

It's stunning. 

This is the age we live in, that a leader will flirt with the idea that the US Defense is spraying something on us.

Talk about stimulating paranoia.

It's hard to even come up with an analogy that is more ridiculous...

maybe...

-'Mrs Smith, is it true that bigfoot has been spotted stealing children and turning them into lawn ornaments via sasquatch magic?'

- "Well, I was told that bigfoot works as a US spy and that the lawn ornament/children are now dormant attack agents that will activate during ww3, though I have no evidence, I will reach out to all my agencies and will investigate more."

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, Maninthebox said:

The chemtrail tinfoil conspiracy is trash.  The fact that a leader and not some dimwitted backbencher repeated that trash publicly is something all should be concerned with.  I don't care that she threw some language for plausible deniability, she brought up trash tinfoil hat conspiracy bullshit.   Something no reasonable political leader should bring up.  Period.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

It's stunning. 

This is the age we live in, that a leader will flirt with the idea that the US Defense is spraying something on us.

Talk about stimulating paranoia.

It's hard to even come up with an analogy that is more ridiculous...

maybe...

-'Mrs Smith, is it true that bigfoot has been spotted stealing children and turning them into lawn ornaments via sasquatch magic?'

- "Well, I was told that bigfoot works as a US spy and that the lawn ornament/children are now dormant attack agents that will activate during ww3, though I have no evidence, I will reach out to all my agencies and will investigate more."

Sadly this was from a UCP forum and at any hint from her denying chemtrails exist results in the audience getting restless and a smattering of boos and some heckling. When leaders like her and Scott Moe don’t have the courage to say “no” to the children they encourage this kind of lunacy, throw in the sheer amount of gall it takes to deflect to the US Department of Defense.

As Calgary Herald columnist Don Braid said it was pretty big of the US DoD to reply to this on a day that Iran was raining down missiles on  Israel.

Her coddling of such conspiracy theorists leads one distressed UCP veteran to say: “The problem isn’t so much the crazy people. There are always crazy people, and they have a right to be crazy.

“The problem is that the normies — i.e. severely normal centre-right Albertans — have let the crazies take over the governing party.”

That’s no conspiracy theory.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

The chemtrail tinfoil conspiracy is trash.  The fact that a leader and not some dimwitted backbencher repeated that trash publicly is something all should be concerned with.  I don't care that she threw some language for plausible deniability, she brought up trash tinfoil hat conspiracy bullshit.   Something no reasonable political leader should bring up.  Period.

Jesus wept... she answered some dipshit's question and said there was no evidence to support it. Should she have called them a fascist or tried to fight them? 

9 hours ago, Maninthebox said:

I'm going to go ahead and agree with you...I've said for ages, that Tweets, Videos and the like are garbage as sources, because they can be edited to be misleading and out of context. In fact, if you hadn't included the "simple" line on your previous post, I wouldn't have responded in kind.

I think there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize Danielle Smith. There's no reason to manufacture new ones.

15 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm going to go ahead and agree with you...I've said for ages, that Tweets, Videos and the like are garbage as sources, because they can be edited to be misleading and out of context. In fact, if you hadn't included the "simple" line on your previous post, I wouldn't have responded in kind.

I think there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize Danielle Smith. There's no reason to manufacture new ones.

Have I got it wrong Rup? I only watched the vid once...

Did Smith not introduce the idea that it could be the US defense? then go on to state that she would actually investigate?

32 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

Jesus wept... she answered some dipshit's question and said there was no evidence to support it. Should she have called them a fascist or tried to fight them? 

I think many of us have already said what we think she should have done.

24 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Have I got it wrong Rup? I only watched the vid once...

Did Smith not introduce the idea that it could be the US defense? then go on to state that she would actually investigate?

I don't know. My response is more a case of saying that I don't take Tweets or videos at face value.

TBH, I can't be bothered to dig into it and see if Maninthebox's claim is true or not. As I said, I don't really see this as a big deal one way or another. Lots of better reasons for critiques of DS....

2 hours ago, Maninthebox said:

She didn't stop there though. She said no evidence that any private sector or Alberta government organization is doing it. Then said she heard people say the US DoD might be doing it and that she can't investigate those claims. The 2nd statement is absolutely fanning the crankery and conspiracy flames. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-premier-danielle-smith-department-of-defense-1.7340079

Not only is she giving credibility to delusional conspiracy theories she contacted the USA government directly to investigate it 

The person is unfit for office - full stop

A few delusional supporters can get a premier to contact a foreign government but actual problems get no attention ?

With apologies to anyone offended but this is a clear case of the insane running the asylum 

6 minutes ago, Sapper said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-premier-danielle-smith-department-of-defense-1.7340079

Not only is she giving credibility to delusional conspiracy theories she contacted the USA government directly to investigate it 

The person is unfit for office - full stop

A few delusional supporters can get a premier to contact a foreign government but actual problems get no attention ?

With apologies to anyone offended but this is a clear case of the insane running the asylum 

I am not about to defend Smith but does the article say she contacted the US DOD?  The article is vague but I believe it was the CBC who reached out to them for comment.

The U.S. Department of Defence, in a request for comment, referred the issue to the North American Aerospace Defence Command, or NORAD.

A spokesman for NORAD, in an email, said, "NORAD and U.S. Northern Command are not conducting any flight activities in Canada that involve the spraying of chemicals."

And yes, she is either delusional or just placating those amongst her base who are.  Both of those things are as bad as the other.