Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I love this bit of hypocrisy so much.  And before you start your incessant jumping to conclusions, I do NOT support these idiots.  I do not condone these idiots and I think they'd be better off at the bottom of Hudson bay

So on one hand there is an entire belief system that still think canada has "freedom of speech" who sit and blindly accept people literally calling for the attacks assaults or deaths of sitting MPs because "free speech" (not freedom of expression)

Who all of a sudden have an issue because*checks notes* equally crappy human beings are exercising their "free speech" 

Ok?  the people who support that side can be awful and some can accept and defend it, then they absolutely MUST give these pieces of trash the exact same treatment or sit down and admit you only accept the freedoms you claim are important so long as it conforms to their and ONLY their beliefs.

because as crappy and disgusting as it is, these idiots are still canadian by and large and are still afforded the exact same freedom they have demanded, defended and accepted from their side of the political divide.

So pick a lane already

It is freedom for all or only freedom based on privilege.

Edit*  Also, the flag is nothing more than a cheap piece of coloured nylon made largely in China.  Let's ignore the histrionics about how awful it is to trample on it or burn it when people accepted it being flown next to the nazi flag and union jack a few years ago because...reasons.

image.thumb.png.b5b644e5252c92c97e6d54574ef7be7e.png

image.thumb.png.b048895708cbc9073934bbbfb1482df4.png

My friend in Chilliwack had the cops show up at her house during COVID because she had her kids over for Christmas. I know people who had cops show up at their house because of a Facebook post.  Trudeau’s Canada. 

A bunch of terrorists, or terrorist sympathizers, show up in public in downtown Vancouver, threaten Canadians and Jews with death while burning a Canadian flag, and all you got is the cops are investigating the situation?

I can’t wait until little Hitler gets into power so he can deal with this bullshit once and for all. I hope Poilievre throws the book at them and deems the Samidoun a terrorist group and then is allowed to throw any member of the Samidoun out of the country. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My friend in Chilliwack had the cops show up at her house during COVID because she had her kids over for Christmas. I know people who had cops show up at their house because of a Facebook post.  Trudeau’s Canada. 

A bunch of terrorists, or terrorist sympathizers, show up in public in downtown Vancouver, threaten Canadians and Jews with death while burning a Canadian flag, and all you got is the cops are investigating the situation?

I can’t wait until little Hitler gets into power so he can deal with this bullshit once and for all. I hope Poilievre throws the book at them and deems the Samidoun a terrorist group and then is allowed to throw any member of the Samidoun out of the country. 

That's nice dear.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Don't conflate these issues, it's insulting to people that actually had covid effect their lives.

Your friend was selfish.

As for the terrorist classification, that's what CSIS is for.

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What do you think an investigation is?

36 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I can’t wait until little Hitler gets into power so he can deal with this bullshit once and for all. 

I'm just gonna leave this here without further comment

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Don't conflate these issues, it's insulting to people that actually had covid effect their lives.

Your friend was selfish.

As for the terrorist classification, that's what CSIS is for.

Nobody was in danger of catching COVID because my friend had her family over for dinner. Other than maybe my friend and her family. Which is totally their own business. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My friend in Chilliwack had the cops show up at her house during COVID because she had her kids over for Christmas. I know people who had cops show up at their house because of a Facebook post.  

I see you've held this news back for quite a while now.  Four years?  That shows impressive patience to wait for the right moment.  After all the Covid and government overreach discussions on these pages what prompted you to drop the news today?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I see you've held this news back for quite a while now.  Four years?  That shows impressive patience to wait for the right moment.  After all the Covid and government overreach discussions on these pages what prompted you to drop the news today?

I discussed many things in the COVID thread over the last 4 years. Not sure where you’ve been. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I discussed many things in the COVID thread over the last 4 years. Not sure where you’ve been. 

I guess I missed it in all the clutter. This Chilliwack lady has had more adventures than Baron Munchausen!  She should write a book.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nobody was in danger of catching COVID because my friend had her family over for dinner. Other than maybe my friend and her family. Which is totally their own business. 

actually many people were at risk because of activities like that. Some provinces thought it was a good idea to let in visitors to hospitals "because Christmas". 

It was selfish. 

26 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I guess I missed it in all the clutter. This Chilliwack lady has had more adventures than Baron Munchausen!  She should write a book.

I talked about her many times in the COVID thread. 

Yes the book would definitely be a best seller.  😊

Edited by Elias Pettersson

34 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

actually many people were at risk because of activities like that. Some provinces thought it was a good idea to let in visitors to hospitals "because Christmas". 

It was selfish. 

Hospitals and public areas 100%. Your private home was completely different. But this topic is not for this thread. 

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It was selfish. 

A hospital is a public space. A family's home is not. You seriously trying to compare the two?

• ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yup...which means vast swathes of people will be voting against their own best interest...

kermit-sips-tea.gif

As I said the other day...I weep for the political literacy in this country.

It saddens me as well.....

As someone nearing retirement age, I'm probably going to be fine, but I have three adult daughters who have to navigate the future and I hate the fact that they'll have to do so in the current climate of hate and fear, being promoted by the political right.

We have poster after poster, complaining about not being able to afford housing....or even the basics, like food and rent. We hear complaints about Healthcare and Education....yet with the same breath, we hear that the debt must be paid down....

Somehow, right wing governments in both BC and Canada are going to magically accomplish all of these things. :classic_rolleyes: Hopefully, my kids won't have to endure more than one term of the fear-mongering, extremist pandering con men. (and women)

I'm sorry....I don't agree that my country (or my province) are "broken" and I have little (if any) respect for those that tell me otherwise.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

These anecdotal stories always seem to magically show up exactly when they are required to reinforce a questionable position or claim.....

Been that way forever....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

its just one day, but lets all soak in the silence while we can.

Speaker silences Poilievre for a day after he accused foreign minister of pandering to Hamas

Poilievre's refusal to withdraw charged language is having a 'corrosive effect on our discussions': Speaker

Even though it was already pointed out that the pro-Hamas rally is being investigated, I think it's also worth noting who exactly, is doing the investigating. (Hint: It's not the feds)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/vancouver-police-probe-oct-7-rally-where-death-to-canada-cry-went-up/ar-AA1rVjgU?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=

87e14c8929144640d28e7d37188ff5e5&ei=77

Vancouver Police say they are conducting an investigation into a pro-Palestinian protest marking the Oct. 7 anniversary of the Hamas attacks on Israel where they say speakers expressed "solidarity with terrorist groups."

Police said in a statement Tuesday that they were looking into whether actions at the previous day's protest represented criminal offences.

Jurisdiction and all that....

Now, I know people want immediate arrests and/or deportations, but you know..... laws, due process, charter of rights and freedoms.....etc., etc....

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Even though it was already pointed out that the pro-Hamas rally is being investigated, I think it's also worth noting who exactly, is doing the investigating. (Hint: It's not the feds)

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/vancouver-police-probe-oct-7-rally-where-death-to-canada-cry-went-up/ar-AA1rVjgU?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=

Jurisdiction and all that....

Now, I know people want immediate arrests and/or deportations, but you know..... laws, due process, charter of rights and freedoms.....etc., etc....

Yet, that won't be enough.  Because reasons.  Because "they" think that justice was heavy handed for the FREEDUMB Convoy protestors.  Here's the thing.  There were FREEDUMB Convoy protests here in PG.  The police didn't arrest anyone.  WHY you might ask??  They were protesting in the CN Centre parking lot.  They were not blocking traffic.  They were not vandalizing anything.  They were not disturbing the peace 24/7.  They didn't hang around after an order to vacate was issued (one wasn't issued to the CN Centre crowd)  A stark contrast to the ones who were.  The ones obstructing traffic to boarder crossings.  The ones vandalizing the tomb of the unknown soldier.  The ones disturbing the peace 24/7 in Ottawa.  

Show us a "Death to Canada" doofus that did any of the other things that the FREEDUMBers were doing, and prosecute them as well.

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Cheers 4