Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I was in a testy mood this morning.  Had to do with work.  😔

No I got lots of names on the list. But I don’t want to waste more time on that as they will just deny it or deflect to something else. 

PP, Trudeau and Jagmeet are all pretty much the same. 3 idiots in a pod. This country is completely fooked. And Trump is going to win the US election as Kamala is a terrible candidate. Gos help us all. 

Nah we aren't fooked. We have solid systems behind the headlines that do good work. 

It's why if Skippy wins outside of some idiotic red meat for his base we'll probably be ok unless he attacks the foundation of our federal bureaucracy. Some of his backbenchers would do that, tho. 

Skippy will slip in abortion law tho. But maybe that's the lesson all these mad millennials need.

I do think Skippy would be trumps bitch on trade tho, that could be quite damaging long term.

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

"When questioned by Conservative Party lawyer Nando De Luca, Trudeau also said the names of Liberal parliamentarians and individuals from other parties are on the list of parliamentarians at risk of being compromised by foreign interference."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-foreign-interference-1.7354252

Why we ignoring this statement? It's curious to me that only the conservative party is being mentioned by media outlets when he clearly says it's not just one party involved.

Either way, names need to be released as soon as legally possible.

Yes I read that.  But the individuals listed made very clear statements about it being strictly a one party issue and I'd be happy to hear them address those comments.

As most of the forum and individuals were on the maybe wait and see before jumping to conclusions side of the fence, then asking why Pierre didn't ever want to get his security clearance while making the claims he did; they were ensuring people heard loud and long that trudeau was the baddy here and while he is absolutely an idiot the wait and see approach is showing it is in fact a much broader issue than their posts suggested.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Yes I read that.  But the individuals listed made very clear statements about it being strictly a one party issue and I'd be happy to hear them address those comments.

As most of the forum and individuals were on the maybe wait and see before jumping to conclusions side of the fence, then asking why Pierre didn't ever want to get his security clearance while making the claims he did; they were ensuring people heard loud and long that trudeau was the baddy here and while he is absolutely an idiot the wait and see approach is showing it is in fact a much broader issue than their posts suggested.

I would suggest that it’s a significant difference that Trudeau and Singh know where the rats are in their parties while PP puts his fingers in his ears and whistles.

• Vintage 3

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I would love different people at the helm of the parties in 90% of the politics across canada. But the reality is we have who we have. JT is still the best choice between the three and there is no one else right now. The way we treat our political leaders, we are not likely to get better qualified candidates in my life time. If you are competent, smart, educated, successful, well rounded, and your head is in most ways similar thoughts with the majority of Canadians: why would you want to be a Member of Parliament and be yelled at for your entire public life? I think instead you would quietly go about making millions of dollars in your personal and business life and leave the theater to the folks who can put up with that bullshit. 

Good explanation of why Skippy works so hard at creating such toxic discourse.

His stamina for bullshit and negativity is kind of remarkable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I would suggest that it’s a significant difference that Trudeau and Singh know where the rats are in their parties while PP puts his fingers in his ears and whistles.

This. 

First off though, i suspect, and have no knowledge to prove my theory, that in the liberal side of the ledger we are talking about former MP's. I am fairly certain from context that on the conservative side of the ledger we are dealing with current MP's. 

The thing is, by knowing, even if not able to speak publicly about it, the leaders of the two parties with the security clearances can go about the necessary work of cleaning up their parties where they need to be cleaned up. Skippy with his eyes wide shut yelling at the clouds may for all we know still have some members of his ranks bought and paid for by foreign powers. We don't know, and I am hypothesizing here, but if you don't know who is the bad guy, you can't do anything about it. Singh and Trudeau have been empowered through their clearances to quietly fix their rank and file. Meanwhile, maybe China, maybe India, maybe Russia has a chess piece in the House of Commons right now and the leader of that persons party doesn't even want to know. 

fuckin disgusting.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

This. 

First off though, i suspect, and have no knowledge to prove my theory, that in the liberal side of the ledger we are talking about former MP's. I am fairly certain from context that on the conservative side of the ledger we are dealing with current MP's. 

The thing is, by knowing, even if not able to speak publicly about it, the leaders of the two parties with the security clearances can go about the necessary work of cleaning up their parties where they need to be cleaned up. Skippy with his eyes wide shut yelling at the clouds may for all we know still have some members of his ranks bought and paid for by foreign powers. We don't know, and I am hypothesizing here, but if you don't know who is the bad guy, you can't do anything about it. Singh and Trudeau have been empowered through their clearances to quietly fix their rank and file. Meanwhile, maybe China, maybe India, maybe Russia has a chess piece in the House of Commons right now and the leader of that persons party doesn't even want to know. 

fuckin disgusting.

Given your clearance level experience, can you confirm for us that Trudeau in fact can't "release the names" without breaching his security clearance?

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Given your clearance level experience, can you confirm for us that Trudeau in fact can't "release the names" without breaching his security clearance?

Absolutely. It would be an offense and those people would sue Canada for millions.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't think you'd even need experience with security level clearance to see this being the case. I would imagine that the only way it would be able to happen is if those names were allowed to be released from some sort of declassification.

Especially when it comes to names. People's lives are literally impacted by that stuff.

Edited by The Lock

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I don't think you'd even need experience with security level clearance to see this being the case. I would imagine that the only way it would be able to happen is if those names were allowed to be released from some sort of declassification.

Especially when it comes to names. People's lives are literally impacted by that stuff.

No but some folks still need to hear it.

Just now, Bob Long said:

No but some folks still need to hear it.

Honestly, you can see this kind of things at the local police level..."no further comments while investigation is underway". Never mind at the level of potential treason against the country. Like is this not common knowledge? You'd think the "common sense" voters would be all over it.

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Honestly, you can see this kind of things at the local police level..."no further comments while investigation is underway". Never mind at the level of potential treason against the country. Like is this not common knowledge? You'd think the "common sense" voters would be all over it.

How can people not understand that CSIS might want to investigate this and possibly use the compromised politicians to get information?

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Jesus that's hypocritical garbage 😂

I’m not buying this idea that PP won’t get his security clearance because then he wouldn’t be able to talk about in the House. Does he want to talk about it or does he want to fix it? Never going to agree with Tom on this one no matter how often he trots it out.

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I’m not buying this idea that PP won’t get his security clearance because then he wouldn’t be able to talk about in the House. Does he want to talk about it or does he want to fix it? Never going to agree with Tom on this one no matter how often he trots it out.

Toms Revenge 😆

It's stupid. Who cares about the House banter? There's a problem in the CPC and Skippy is ignoring it.

So I guess tom is upset Jag "can't speak about it" too?

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Good explanation of why Skippy works so hard at creating such toxic discourse.

His stamina for bullshit and negativity is kind of remarkable.

No need for stamina if it comes effortlessly and without shame

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

Absolutely. It would be an offense and those people would sue Canada for millions.

Can you imagine the reaction folks would have if the federal Libs did release a list of names, names of those affiliated with all three/four major parties, and it turned out that some of the names weren't actually guilty of being compromised on some level? 

It'd blow up, it'd be sold in the media as another liberal scandal, and overreach. It'd result in lawsuits and payouts, paid by taxpayers. 

We'd never hear the end of it, even if it turned out some of the folks listed were compromised. 

Any party in power with such a list would likely allow things to run their due course behind the scenes for these exact reasons. Publicly releasing a list would be disastrous. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Can you imagine the reaction folks would have if the federal Libs did release a list of names, names of those affiliated with all three parties, and it turned out that some of the names weren't actually guilty of being compromised on some level? 

It'd blow up, it'd be sold in the media as another liberal scandal, and overreach. It'd result in lawsuits and payouts, paid by taxpayers. 

We'd never hear the end of it, even if it turned out some of the folks listed were compromised. 

Any party in power with such a list would likely allow things to run their due course behind the scenes for these exact reasons. Publicly releasing a list would be disastrous. 

There's a non-zero chance that Poilievre is on that list himself and that's why he can't get a security clearance.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Can you imagine the reaction folks would have if the federal Libs did release a list of names, names of those affiliated with all three/four major parties, and it turned out that some of the names weren't actually guilty of being compromised on some level? 

It's also not a legitimate position for PP to take.

He expects Trudeau to fix the problem in the CPC?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I honestly don't get what people see in the pipsqueak.

Some see him as a means to an end with inflicting their barbaric viewpoints on others. The rest are just stupid.  He represents the most pathetic excuses for people in this country.

• Like 1