Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I honestly don't get what people see in the pipsqueak.

He's not Trudeau. And their algorithm has them subscribing to a declinist view of the west.

What they don't realize is that there is a lot of our country's institutions left to wreck with electing a populist leader  And that provincial conservatives are playing a big part in our existing issues too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Can you imagine the reaction folks would have if the federal Libs did release a list of names, names of those affiliated with all three/four major parties, and it turned out that some of the names weren't actually guilty of being compromised on some level? 

It'd blow up, it'd be sold in the media as another liberal scandal, and overreach. It'd result in lawsuits and payouts, paid by taxpayers. 

We'd never hear the end of it, even if it turned out some of the folks listed were compromised. 

Any party in power with such a list would likely allow things to run their due course behind the scenes for these exact reasons. Publicly releasing a list would be disastrous. 

That is the thing of it yes. Intel is different from evidence in a few ways. I like to explain it like the Yankee legal system: to be guilty of a crime, it must be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, but in a civil case the judge or jury only need to find the balance of probability, as on 50%+1 of the way sure to find you responsible. 🤔 

Intel isn't necessarily legally gathered either, or better to say, it isn't gathered in ways that can often be used in court. I may know 100% that you are a hells angels intermediate drug dealer but I can't swear it in court because of how I know, if that makes sense.

Intel is usually accurate, but can be from dubious sources, or single sourced with no corroboration  

No MP or Canadian should be openly smeared unless there is enough to go to court with, and even then the evidence may be redacted to protect the method of collection.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Speaking of deflection.

Amazing, so Trudeau telling a panel of media that various MPs and sitting politicians etc were subject to or at risk of issues with foreign agents is "not worthy f politics" but you still think the way Pierre acts is quality leadership.

K Bolt.

Seems you still won't address your comments about who would be doing what regarding the MPs and foreign influence.  You were very vocal about things.  Why won't you re-address your comment?

Meanwhile.

Just in time for an election.  Pierre needs desperately for an election to be called immediately or this continued news will start sinking his anger fueled popularity

Assuming no new measures are announced, the PBO forecasts the federal deficit to decrease slightly to $46.4 billion for the 2024-25 fiscal year.

Meanwhile, the PBO says economic growth will remain tepid this year but will rebound in 2025 as the Bank of Canada's interest rate cuts stimulate spending and business investment.

The report forecasts real gross domestic product will grow by 2.2 per cent in 2025, up from a projected 1.1 per cent for 2024.

The PBO's economic forecast assumes a sharp reduction in the temporary resident population, given the federal government's recent policy changes.

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Amazing, so Trudeau telling a panel of media that various MPs and sitting politicians etc were subject to or at risk of issues with foreign agents is "not worthy f politics" but you still think the way Pierre acts is quality leadership.

K Bolt.

Seems you still won't address your comments about who would be doing what regarding the MPs and foreign influence.  You were very vocal about things.  Why won't you re-address your comment?

I'm not bolt?

36 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I'm not bolt?

And im not sober right now.

Ricky Bolt.  Bolty Ravioli!

Whatever the case, there were individuals i here adamant about a very specific outcome being about a very specific party and individual.

I would like the to come address those

• Cheers 1

Gotta love Pierre's new ad where he rattles off everything he's going to do (without providing any idea of how):

Hi, I'm Pierre. I'm going to:

Ax the tax

Build houses

Fix the budget

Stop crime

Increase sunshine

Remove merge lanes

Ban butter tarts

Stop birds from singing before 8 am

Improve recipes

Lower high tides

Do your laundry

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Gotta love Pierre's new ad where he rattles off everything he's going to do (without providing any idea of how):

Ax the tax

Build houses

Fix the budget

Stop crime

Increase sunshine

Remove merge lanes

Ban butter tarts

Improve recipes

Lower high tides

Do your laundry

Ban butter tarts? That means I'm going to have to run an underground bakery with my mom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

FB_IMG_1729189948304.jpg

So this is kind of misleading. People can legally choose private options for knee and cataract surgery if they want to. It doesn't cost the system anything extra.

Edited by Bob Long

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Ax the tax

Build houses

Fix the budget

Stop crime

Increase sunshine

Remove merge lanes

Ban butter tarts

Improve recipes

Lower high tides

Do your laundry