[Signing] Matt Roy to Washington

Just now, Drakrami said:

Why is Washington trying to get better lol, have they looked at their lineup of aged players? 

They need to be good enougj to get OV the goals record 

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Argh... was really hoping for Roy.  More than any of the other players signed today.

Yeah and while the price point is a little long, the AAV isn’t terrible.  I’m disappointed in this one too.

Too much term but the deal will probably age alright, I really wanted this guy.

Wasn't expecting Washington to do much in free agency but they could actually be a legit playoff team next season. 

Their defense, forward depth, and goaltending are all improved. 

• Theo5789 changed the title to [Signing] Matt Roy to Washington
6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Capitals way over the cap limit, even with LTIR.  They need to clear over $4M in cap.  Roster is only 22 out of 23 too.

If I had to guess, they find a way to move out Oshie

He's only got a 10-team NTC

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Capitals way over the cap limit, even with LTIR.  They need to clear over $4M in cap.  Roster is only 22 out of 23 too.

Höglander for Rasmus Sandin?

3 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Höglander for Rasmus Sandin?

Crossed my mind too... but I think the cap hit is too much for us to absorb even with moving out $1.1M.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Crossed my mind too... but I think the cap hit is too much for us to absorb even with moving out $1.1M.

Even if it wasn't, it's doubtful that Sandin is available, they gave up a 1st for him and then gave him 4.6M in March 

39 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Even if it wasn't, it's doubtful that Sandin is available, they gave up a 1st for him and then gave him 4.6M in March 

I think Fehervary kind of displaced him in the playoffs though and they just brought in Chychrun. They might try to just dump Van Riemsdyk for scraps though.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I think Fehervary kind of displaced him in the playoffs though and they just brought in Chychrun. They might try to just dump Van Riemsdyk for scraps though.

Playoffs was a four game stretch for Washington, wouldn't read into it 

Having both Fehervary and Sandin at their current cap hits is very cost effective for Washington

You're probably right though, if they move a D out at all it's not likely to be one of the younger guys