[Signing] Jonathan Marchessault to Nashville

Stamkos and Marchessault? Oh shit. And Forsberg is still there. Man, Nashville is going to be a bitch to play against. Kinda wierd seeing them go from what they have always been, a defence first team, to now looking like a team that will run your ass out of the building.

Just now, gwarrior said:

Stamkos and Marchessault? Oh shit. And Forsberg is still there. Man, Nashville is going to be a bitch to play against. Kinda wierd seeing them go from what they have always been, a defence first team, to now looking like a team that will run your ass out of the building.

The Canucks are going to be in very tough in the West.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

The Canucks are going to be in very tough in the West.  

Oh yeah. Hoping we do something. I personally wanted Toffoli, but he's gone. Fucking DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Too long but that's why the got him, guess we'll see how he ages in Nashville

Apparently Montreal was in on him but wasn't willing to go 5 years 

Nashville has done a great job with their signings. The effect it will have on the other players there with be tremendous and I wouldn't count against them to win the west. Very solid team in my view.

• Cheers 1

It still surprises me that the Vegas Cup MVP was not retained. It goes to show you that they continue to be a cut throat team. Like it or not, that’s why they won the Cup in the first place. It’s this mentality that helps me heal from the loss of Big Z. JR and Alvin will win us a Cup

20 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

Nashville has done a great job with their signings. The effect it will have on the other players there with be tremendous and I wouldn't count against them to win the west. Very solid team in my view.

I think Nashville definitely has a lot of potential to be even more dangerous than they were last year, but I'm wary about their age. Josi, Stamkos, and Nyquist are all 34, Marchessault and O'Reilly are 33. Forsberg is still relatively young (turning 30 this year) but that's a pretty old team. All those players are still productive and considering their quality, they have a good chance of remaining that way, but this fact just makes me less optimistic that they're going to be as good as how they look on paper. Things might look better if Cody Glass was playing better, but even he's already 25.

I think they will make a trade around training camp/pre-season. They're $180,000 over the cap (no LTIR space) with 19-players accounted for so unless they plan on not carrying any extra players, they'll need to move out at least a bit of money.

I'd be kind of curious if NSH would do something like Poolman (LTIR space) for Glass (maybe with a mid-round pick from the Canucks too). I seem to recall some rumor that Glass might be shopped. He's only under contract for this season and is a RFA next summer so he might be a low risk bounce back bet. The Canucks would lose LTIR space but would still be under the cap since the Glass and Poolman have the same AAV so it would essentially convert Glass's $2.5M into LTIR space.