[signing] Forbort to Canucks

14 minutes ago, MoneyMiller said:

He's more than a Cole replacement because Forbort actually is tough and fights where as Cole didn't have that in him and I feel like Forbort is better net front and gets around a bit better.

Forbort will help with the big physical loss of Big Z.

Yeah, I actually think he and Juuls will make a pretty imposing pairing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

People are mad about Z, therefore everything else done today must be shit.

I'm not happy about losing Big Z and losing out on Guentzel but I feel like the Canucks have done a great job replacing them and Lindholm and did a great job of adding the needed toughness in Forbort and Joshua, real good penalty killers, some real good skill and speed with them all.

I also feel like a very Important thing about all these signings is that I see these players with great playoff potential because they're fast, gritty and have skill that mix good playoff players have.

Edited by MoneyMiller
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

11 minutes ago, YourHuckleberry said:

Forbort has the highest meme potential next year. Will he soar to the heights of Cowan the Brabarian and  Rory Fitzpatrick, or will he sink to depths of Loui?

Chaos Giraffe is already taken....

Maybe Chaos Camel? Disorderly Dromedary? Maladroit Moose?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MoneyMiller said:

I'm not happy about losing Big Z and losing out on Guentzel but I feel like the Canucks have done a great job replacing them and Lindholm and did a great job of adding the needed toughness in Forbort and Joshua, real good penalty killers, some real good skill and speed with them all.

We got deeper, faster, harder to play against forward wise but we didn't get Petey enough help and there's still a big hole on D

Canucks trained hard last offseason and caught a lot of teams by surprise last year at the start of the season. 

We lost that element of surprise as teams will know what to expect. 

This season will be a lot tougher. 

What was our starting 6 on D last year before the Z trade? 

22 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm one of those people that are "mad" about Z, but I'm good with the Forbort and Debrusk signings....

Same. I wouldn't say they've made chicken soup our of chicken shit but our forward group has improved with Debrusk. We have significantly downgraded our defense so far however, and defense wins championships. At least Forbort is low AAV and only 1 year so there is no risk to the signing.

30 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Or you can do research yourself. 

All the analytical stats says, he’s a depth defensemen. Look at his puckiq page. 

No one is arguing otherwise, he is a good depth signing defensively and for the PK while not being a top 4 guy no idea why this is so fucking hard for you to grasp

• Like 1