[signing] Forbort to Canucks

6 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Interestingly, Forbort and Soucy averaged similar ice time last season.  This makes it seem like Soucy is moving up to the 2nd pair.  Now we need a 2nd pair RHD and we're all set.

no we re not.
not enough improvement in the top 6 with almost 15.5M of cap space to fill 4 holes

Edited by DexM94

12 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Interestingly, Forbort and Soucy averaged similar ice time last season.  This makes it seem like Soucy is moving up to the 2nd pair.  Now we need a 2nd pair RHD and we're all set.

2nd pair RHD is Myers. Cause I don't think we should split him up from Soucy. Otherwise we get the old Myers back. We have roughly 4mil in cap with Poolman's cap in LTIR. But at least 1mil of that is going to Silovs. So I think our 3rd pair is Forbort and Juulsen. Unless we can get a 3rd pair RHD somewhere.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

We got deeper, faster, harder to play against forward wise but we didn't get Petey enough help and there's still a big hole on D

Canucks trained hard last offseason and caught a lot of teams by surprise last year at the start of the season. 

We lost that element of surprise as teams will know what to expect. 

This season will be a lot tougher. 

What was our starting 6 on D last year before the Z trade? 

Yes true but to be honest I watched Lekkerimaki closely in his short stint in Abby and I'm very sure we're going to see him with Petey fairly soon if not right away and also think DeBrusk hasn't hit his prime, will be extremely motivated player who will be a great fit with his skill, great speed, very good shot and great forcheck doing some things Petey is not the best at.

Also important to remember the Canucks will have options during the season and near or at the deadline to add some real top 6 skill in a acquisition. 

The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is I don't feel like Myers and Soucy can handle 2nd pairing minutes unless they go with Hughes-Myers and Hronek-Soucy to help shelter them.

As far as defenders go I'm also very confident we're going to see Willander possibly after college hockey is done, D Petey, Kudryavtsev... surprising us with their great games and quick development. It's not like young defenders never make the jump quickly.

• Cheers 1

Some interesting 

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

2nd pair RHD is Myers. Cause I don't think we should split him up from Soucy. Otherwise we get the old Myers back. We have roughly 4mil in cap with Poolman's cap in LTIR. But at least 1mil of that is going to Silovs. So I think our 3rd pair is Forbort and Juulsen. Unless we can get a 3rd pair RHD somewhere.

Some interesting players still available 

Forwards:

Skinner 

Henrique 

Tarasenko 

Wennberg

Roslovic

Foegle

RHD:

Zaitzev

Hankanpaa

Schultz

I am not sure this contract is worth being overly mad at. Dude is physical, defensively sound, and much cheaper than Cole. Also played roughly 17 minutes a game last year. Right around where Soucy and Zads sat. Sounds like a win to me. I think a lot of the vitriol comes from losing Zads. But this signing is a good one. Just gotta hope he stays healthy.

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

I am not sure this contract is worth being overly mad at. Dude is physical, defensively sound, and much cheaper than Cole. Also played roughly 17 minutes a game last year. Right around where Soucy and Zads sat. Sounds like a win to me. I think a lot of the vitriol comes from losing Zads. But this signing is a good one. Just gotta hope he stays healthy.

Anyone mad at this deal is a salty moron. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoneyMiller said:

Yes true but to be honest I watched Lekkerimaki closely in his short stint in Abby and I'm very sure we're going to see him with Petey fairly soon if not right away and also think DeBrusk hasn't hit his prime, will be extremely motivated player who will be a great fit with his skill, great speed, very good shot and great forcheck doing some things Petey is not the best at.

Also important to remember the Canucks will have options during the season and near or at the deadline to add some real top 6 skill in a acquisition. 

The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is I don't feel like Myers and Soucy can handle 2nd pairing minutes unless they go with Hughes-Myers and Hronek-Soucy to help shelter them.

As far as defenders go I'm also very confident we're going to see Willander possibly after college hockey is done, D Petey, Kudryavtsev... surprising us with their great games and quick development. It's not like young defenders never make the jump quickly.

Yeah I have high hopes for Willander. 

I just don't know how quickly he'll be able to jump from college to contribute on a team that has their eyes on being a cup contender. 

Best case scenario is a better impact than Tanev made as a rookie going from Rochester Institute to the Canucks as a 21 year old playing in the playoffs... 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Some interesting 

Some interesting players still available 

Forwards:

Skinner 

Henrique 

Tarasenko 

Wennberg

Roslovic

Foegle

RHD:

Zaitzev

Hankanpaa

Schultz

Nothing particularly interesting left imo. Those RHD are easy passes for me. Except Hankanpaa. Anyone who played in the Stars system is worth at least keeping an eye on. 6'6, 225 pounds. But with Forbort signing, I think we could stand to add more speed and skating to the blueline. Rather than another 6'4+ guy.