[signing] Forbort to Canucks

40 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

I’m curious if anyone here knows how he compares defensively to Ian Cole and Nikita Zadorov, like is he better than either, is he worse? Is he roughly the same?. 

I doubt that anyone here watched him closely enough to say definitively, but going by stats and the eye test, he makes up for some of the meanness and physicality we lost with Z leaving, but defensively, he's probably a bit worse that Cole was....

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I doubt that anyone here watched him closely enough to say definitively, but going by stats and the eye test, he makes up for some of the meanness and physicality we lost with Z leaving, but defensively, he's probably a bit worse that Cole was....

I think that's pretty accurate. 

I haven't seen him recently but I remember Foburt filling the bottom role quite well in LA playing behind guys like Doughty, Martinez, Voynov, Muzzin etc

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I think that's pretty accurate. 

I haven't seen him recently but I remember Foburt filling the bottom role quite well in LA playing behind guys like Doughty, Martinez, Voynov, Muzzin etc

I think it's a pretty low risk signing. He's likely penciled in on the 3rd pairing along with Juuls (barring another signing) and I think with Foote and Gonchar coaching him up, the two should be fine playing about 12-15 minutes per night.

Both can deliver punishing hits as well....although they likely won't match up very often against the guys you really want to punish.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I think it's a pretty low risk signing. He's likely penciled in on the 3rd pairing along with Juuls (barring another signing) and I think with Foote and Gonchar coaching him up, the two should be fine playing about 12-15 minutes per night.

Both can deliver punishing hits as well....although they likely won't match up very often against the guys you really want to punish.

Im worried about a Foburt Juulsen pairing... 

They are gonna get turnstiled by faster teams and it'll get ugly to watch... 

What was our starting 6 last season before Zadorov came in? 

Was Juulsen actually our 6D? 

If we can swing another Zadorov style trade mid season, great but I'm not holding my breath

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Im worried about a Foburt Juulsen pairing... 

They are gonna get turnstiled by faster teams and it'll get ugly to watch... 

What was our starting 6 last season before Zadorov came in? 

Was Juulsen actually our 6D? 

If we can swing another Zadorov style trade mid season, great but I'm not holding my breath

I think it was Friedman before Z and Cole after Z....

As a 3rd pairing they likely won't be out there against the opponents' top guns very often, so I'm not really all that concerned.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

As a 3rd pairing they likely won't be out there against the opponents' top guns very often, so I'm not really all that concerned.

On road trips they’ll get targeted / exposed more though

• Cheers 1

Just now, R3aL said:

On road trips they’ll get targeted / exposed more though

For sure. It's up to the coaching staff to see that it happens as infrequently as possible.

If I'm Foote, I give them 2 directives: Get off the ice ASAP and if you can't get off the ice, hit Dry Saddle et al as hard as you can, as often as you can....

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah it's not as bad at home when we get the matchups but on icings and road games is where it'll be scary to watch. 

Ok if Freidman was part of the starting roster that held down first place in the league for months, maybe we're ok after all.... 

I do think we will add a 4D at some point this season if we look like we are going to do some damage in the playoffs... 

Guys like Manson were traded at the tdl  

I think we can pick someone up too 

• Cheers 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

For sure. It's up to the coaching staff to see that it happens as infrequently as possible.

If I'm Foote, I give them 2 directives: Get off the ice ASAP and if you can't get off the ice, hit Dry Saddle et al as hard as you can, as often as you can....

Ya realistically we need a rhd puck mover now on the bottom pairing OR someone who can play top four to put Hronek on another pairing but we will ah W to add a dman I think at some point

57 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

That’s kind of what my gut says, I saw one person on twitter who said that advanced stats/analytics suggested that he was an upgrade on Cole defensively but I obviously can’t base much off just that.