[signing] Forbort to Canucks

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I doubt that anyone here watched him closely enough to say definitively, but going by stats and the eye test, he makes up for some of the meanness and physicality we lost with Z leaving, but defensively, he's probably a bit worse that Cole was....

This is about right from what I saw in Boston really liked his game in Winnipeg and LA too. His battles with Höglander were great. 

1 hour ago, Devron said:

I remember Deb calling him Fartbox or something when we were playing Winnipeg. Lol

Anyways, depth is good 

Deb is a legend that keeps growing… 

kinda like our Big D…

oh wait…

never mind…

Face Palm GIF

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup. We were smart with contracts this UFA period. 5.5 AAV to Debrusk keeps the wingers pay ranked good. Brock can be extended and come in at good number for the club. 

I think if he falls short of 40 goals, he probably gets 7-7.5m. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ohthehumanity said:

I'm concerned about moving the puck out from our backend. After Hughes and Hronek, the other D parings play was to go glass and out, and then the other team just kept coming back in for more. That really needs to be addressed.

We really need another legit Top 4 Dman; right or left...doesn't matter. I am disappointed it wasn't addressed yesterday in FA...hopefully it will in a trade before Training Camp.

I like the Forbort trade for depth, but wasting 2m on Des is just stupid, when we could of had a bonefied Top 4 for 2.5-3m more on a short 3-4year contract. Heck, don't sign either, and you have the guy for 1m more!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

We really need another legit Top 4 Dman; right or left...doesn't matter. I am disappointed it wasn't addressed yesterday in FA...hopefully it will in a trade before Training Camp.

I like the Forbort trade for depth, but wasting 2m on Des is just stupid, when we could of had a bonefied Top 4 for 2.5-3m more on a short 3-4year contract. Heck, don't sign either, and you have the guy for 1m more!

Probably have Hughes & Hronek on different pairings much of the time.  Not ideal (especially if you have injuries which are team does seem cursed with) obviously.

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Probably have Hughes & Hronek on different pairings much of the time.  Not ideal (especially if you have injuries which are team does seem cursed with) obviously.

Then who plays with Hughes 25 min a night? Myers and Huighes don't gel well...all the other RHD guys don't have great wells.

Nux need a Top 4 Dman.

• Like 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Then who plays with Hughes 25 min a night? Myers and Huighes don't gel well...all the other RHD guys don't have great wells.

Nux need a Top 4 Dman.

Use two left side D I would guess if that's the case.  Flyers used all left side defensemen once & got to the Finals (ok, they had Chris Pronger in his prime at the time heh).  

57 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Nux need a Top 4 Dman.

Oddly enough, the time that Myers and Hughes played together, they had very good underlying analytics.  Small sample size, but there could be something there after Foote/Gonchar have had their time to work with Chaos Giraffe.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Use two left side D I would guess if that's the case.  Flyers used all left side defensemen once & got to the Finals (ok, they had Chris Pronger in his prime at the time heh).  

We have no options on LHD either. We have two bonifide top 4 guys (Hughes & Hronek) and two very good 3rd pair guys (fringe 2nd pair; Soucy & Myers), and a whole whack of pure bottom pair guys now. There is no one with Top 4 capabilities to play on their proper nor off side.

It's simple; Canucks are short one Top 4 Dman (LHD or RHD).

20 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Forbott - Juulsen

Friedman

Look it's not great. We're a top-4 guy down there. 3M in cap space to play with though.

I am really concerned with this line up. With Soucy and Forbort injury prone and Myers just "Myers Prone", I have some serious doubts.

The Zadorov signing was a no brainer, we have now put our toughness in the bottom pairing and we got slower and less skilled.

We are becoming to look a lot like the Benning approach in filling our roster with plugs instead of filling specific roles. 

Sorry but resigning Myers and a couple of 3rd pairing D is not the answer if we are looking at contending or at least, continuing and improving from last year.

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

With the 2m on Des and the 2.5-3m more would have been enough for Zadorov.

In a perfect world, this is what I would have done with our dcore:

Hughes-UFA/trade

Zadorov-Hronek

Soucy -UFA/trade/call up

Edited by EdgarM
  • Cheers 1