[Signing] Zadorov to Boston

This really sucks... 

Either we tried to lowball and lost or "we are gold star" took his travelling roadshow elsewhere after we messed with 2 of his other clients. 

5m along with the term seemed fine. 

• Cheers 1

Too bad, hopefully the new signings turn out. Crazy price but a contract most fans would have supported. Let's hope mgmt's bet of more depth is the right direction. Worried they did not sign any impact players, team needs serious internal improvement

21 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

This is the rumored Canucks contract. Everyone cursing management may not even know the whole story yet. Who says he didn't chose to go else 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Probably. He's not likely as good as Zadorov, but we knew we'd have to downgrade.

Yeah, I guess the point is that the Canucks aren't in a position to downgrade, especially the defence, if we feel we are in a contender window.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

4.7 sounded like as high as we would go.

Not sure on the term, maybe 5 years.

They clearly didn’t value him as highly as Boston. 

Boston clearly paid more in free agency is more like it.

For a guy who really liked Van, it didn't cost that much more to get him to leave. I'm ok for that cost.

Edited by elvis15
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

To the people that are flipping out and saying management failed, has it crossed your mind that Zadorov didn't want to be here? And that he chose to go to Boston over us? His good buddy Lindholm was going there, maybe he got into his ear.

The rumoured Canucks offers was $5m, so the Canucks matched on the money, there was no rumour on term though. It's very possible Zads didn't want to be here and wanted to move on, and not something management "failed" on.

That is what I was thinking too!! Or it's just too much pressure for Big Z to play in the Canadian Market and needs a change!! 

• Cheers 1

The best things about this deal:

A: He went east

B: He didn't go to the freaking Leafs.

I know people hate the Bruins. I do too. But it's a lot better than ending up on the Leafs.

• Like 1

I remember saying a month ago I was going to be pissed if he signed somewhere else for 5mil. And here we are. We really couldn't give him 5mil for playing great for us, but we'll give 5.5mil for Debrusk playing inconsistent for another team?

Honestly, he has been a bottom pairing D man for his entire career. I’m glad we avoided the length, and I didn’t see him worth more then 4.5 

he became a fan favourite here, and was fun to watch these past playoffs, but that hasn’t been and won’t be the norm going forward for him. I’m happier spreading the money around, as we’ve done, it’ll be better for us going forward. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1