[Signing] Zadorov to Boston

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Thank you for a well thought out addition to the discussion. I get tired of these others who like to mock those that don't follow their ignorance. I get it, they didn't think highly of Z but come with no reasoning behind their conclusions other then the coaches up to this point did not give him the minutes others were getting. Its not difficult to see the skills he had and the potential. We will soon see if Boston reaps the risk they took on him.

I think we took the bigger risk in relying on Soucy/Myers as our #2 and #3 defensive pairing but what do I know. 

It doesn't matter because its the same guys who mocked that we were keeping Miller or that Bo was going to be traded. 

They blab on and on like they know whats going on then its crickets when that what they were preaching becomes untrue. 

In my opinion, we lost a top 4 dman and gained a couple of 5/6 dman. Maybe not what others think but I don't really care either way.

I think you probably do given the tone of your post. 
‘Some fans get emotionally invested in players and that is fine. It is what sports fans do. Can totally get why wouldn’t want to see Bo go and I didn’t want to see Zads go either. 
‘You both disregarded the knowledge and opinion other posters, professional GMs and Coaches to say your opinion and those who agree with you are all that really matters.  You flat out say those that don’t agree with your opinion are ignorant. 
‘We all blather on like we know what we are talking about. 

I agree that a 2-3 of Soucy-Myers is concerning and an injury away from disaster but also see that is how we started last season too. Would have loved to have kept Zads but wasn’t to be and the forward core looks faster and deeper and the D at least got bigger if not better. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I think you probably do given the tone of your post. 
‘Some fans get emotionally invested in players and that is fine. It is what sports fans do. Can totally get why wouldn’t want to see Bo go and I didn’t want to see Zads go either. 
‘You both disregarded the knowledge and opinion other posters, professional GMs and Coaches to say your opinion and those who agree with you are all that really matters.  You flat out say those that don’t agree with your opinion are ignorant. 
‘We all blather on like we know what we are talking about. 

I agree that a 2-3 of Soucy-Myers is concerning and an injury away from disaster but also see that is how we started last season too. Would have loved to have kept Zads but wasn’t to be and the forward core looks faster and deeper and the D at least got bigger if not better. 

No , not really. :classic_biggrin: ........and no I didn't want Bo to stay, but others were adamant he wasn't going anywhere. 

Maybe we got bigger but I am not sure we got better, that remains to be seen. Thanks for your response though, at least we are expressing our opinion in a manner that feels like we are not condescending, appreciate it.

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, J-23 said:

Doesn’t sound like the money was the issue, sounds like the number of seasons was the issue. This was reportedly the issue during the season as well when they were trying to sign him. Canucks didn’t want to give him term.

He’s already been on 5 terms….

Makes me wonder why…

Red Flag Japan GIF by MotoGP™

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Really feel like we could have Debrusk,Heinen, Sherwood annnnnnnd Zadorov. 

I remain hopeful. Mitchell walking paved the way for Hamhuis. 

Not sure why we would have wanted to pay Z more then "one of the top 5 overpays of free agency"  that Boston gave him.  

Zad is gone. Not the end of the world. Allvin rebounded nicely with these signings. Could have been a lot worse.

What we lost in Zad we also gained in other areas, including the PK and experience in Forbort.

Plus our blueline is big and we'll be hard to play against. If we get a top 4 at some point we'll be even better.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 7/4/2024 at 10:59 AM, Dr. Crossbar said:

Zad is gone. Not the end of the world. Allvin rebounded nicely with these signings. Could have been a lot worse.

What we lost in Zad we also gained in other areas, including the PK and experience in Forbort.

Plus our blueline is big and we'll be hard to play against. If we get a top 4 at some point we'll be even better.

To win we get a very good dman for the 2nd pairing and I believe we will make a few trades to shape up the roster gonna be fun times.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Ah; Isn't this sweet.

I'll always wonder what the actual difference was in the Boston offer and the Canucks one.

Not to be a downer, and I'm generally happy with Alvin's work. Hell, maybe he just wanted to go there for his own reasons.

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sounds like it was a difference in term.

If he wasn’t willing to accept 5x5 from us he didn’t really wanna be here that bad.

Sadly it was just posturing from him and his agent, something Milstein is quite good at.

Have to agree.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ah; Isn't this sweet.

I'll always wonder what the actual difference was in the Boston offer and the Canucks one.

Not to be a downer, and I'm generally happy with Alvin's work. Hell, maybe he just wanted to go there for his own reasons.

Not sure if this was touched on in what you posted and just not quoted in the image - it sounds like it. In any event, this just came across my feed:

IMG_3089.thumb.jpeg.193a616a564d6d76d966091a9b35fe7c.jpeg

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Not sure if this was touched on in what you posted and just not quoted in the image - it sounds like it. In any event, this just came across my feed:

I’ve heard that somewhere before….

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

He'll have to get past Florida, Rangers, Toronto (can't believe I'm saying this), and if Z and the Bruins get passed all of them, then they'll have to get passed us. Ain't no way, we're giving Boston a second chance to fucking beat us. 

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Sadly it was just posturing from him and his agent, something Milstein is quite good at.

Probably, but you know what, I'm not totally convinced that Z is going to flourish as a top four. If he doesn't, he's going to hear it from the media in Beantown. All is good right now when no games have been played. Let's see how things really turn out, and whether he can actually perform at a top four role. if he can, good for him, though I still think 6 years is too long for a guy who's never had a track record, or have never proven himself to be able to play at a top four level. 

Still think that contract is not going to age well, same with Lindholm to be honest. 

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Sounds like it was a difference in term.

If he wasn’t willing to accept 5x5 from us he didn’t really wanna be here that bad.

We dodged a bullet. Guy is a bottom pairing D who is a mess in his own zone. Going to be fun watching the Bruins implode. 

15 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Ah; Isn't this sweet.

A part of me feels that Zadorov really wanted to go Boston and was willing to accept more team friendly offer? (ok the deal wasn't that team friendly, lol)

Edited by iinatcc

15 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

At least Ehrhoff was a top pairing guy at the time

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 8:44 PM, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

He’s already been on 5 terms….

Makes me wonder why…

Red Flag Japan GIF by MotoGP™

He's got a lot of talents but he's simply not very good or consistent in his own zone. He's like Myers. Great to have his size, hitting, and speed "for a bigger player". At the same time he's slow at processing the game and is often on the wrong side defensively. Not a great trait for a defender. These types are good bottom pairing players to keep the other team honest, but they can't handle prime deployment. They're just not good enough.

16 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

lol, Ehrhoff, should ruffle some feathers 😄

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

We dodged a bullet. Guy is a bottom pairing D who is a mess in his own zone. Going to be fun watching the Bruins implode. 

Yeah, he's a defenceman who mucks up the defending part a fair bit and takes really bad penalties. That contract could be Myers like very quickly.

• ThereItIs 2

17 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

The athletic doesn’t think so

26. Boston Bruins

Net Rating added: -18
Salary added: None

Key Additions: Elias Lindholm, Mark Kastelic, Nikita Zadorov, Joonas Korpisalo

Key Departures: Jake DeBrusk, Danton Heinen, James van Riemsdyk, Pat Maroon, Matt Grzelcyk, Linus Ullmark

The Bruins made some key bets on re-distributing money and talent on their roster, I’m just not convinced it gave them a stronger one.

That all stems from the team giving up its regular-season superpower: The best goalie tandem in the league. It makes sense to move on from Linus Ullmark when Boston has someone as good as Jeremy Swayman, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t an overall downgrade between the pipes. Especially with Joonas Korpisalo coming the other way.

It’s a similar story up front where the Bruins gave up a lot of talent on the wings and went all-in on a new center. After the season Elias Lindholm just had, I’m not sure he moves the needle as much as he’s being paid to. The same goes for Boston’s other big acquisition: Nikita Zadorov, a career third-pair guy.

The two players should fit well on this team and could put up a lot more value than projected as a result, but it’ll still be hard for the Bruins to make up for what they’ve lost. This might finally be the year the Bruins lose a step in the Atlantic.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

The athletic doesn’t think so

26. Boston Bruins

Net Rating added: -18
Salary added: None

Key Additions: Elias Lindholm, Mark Kastelic, Nikita Zadorov, Joonas Korpisalo

Key Departures: Jake DeBrusk, Danton Heinen, James van Riemsdyk, Pat Maroon, Matt Grzelcyk, Linus Ullmark

The Bruins made some key bets on re-distributing money and talent on their roster, I’m just not convinced it gave them a stronger one.

That all stems from the team giving up its regular-season superpower: The best goalie tandem in the league. It makes sense to move on from Linus Ullmark when Boston has someone as good as Jeremy Swayman, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t an overall downgrade between the pipes. Especially with Joonas Korpisalo coming the other way.

It’s a similar story up front where the Bruins gave up a lot of talent on the wings and went all-in on a new center. After the season Elias Lindholm just had, I’m not sure he moves the needle as much as he’s being paid to. The same goes for Boston’s other big acquisition: Nikita Zadorov, a career third-pair guy.

The two players should fit well on this team and could put up a lot more value than projected as a result, but it’ll still be hard for the Bruins to make up for what they’ve lost. This might finally be the year the Bruins lose a step in the Atlantic.

Lindholm and Zad are a downgrade 

they will drop down a few notches this year

• Cheers 1

For what it’s worth I sincerely believe that our team is going to be better this year… And I think we’re gonna make it to the finals… If we stay healthy…

“You may say I’m a dreamer…

but I’m not the only one…

I hope someday you’ll join us… 

and the Canucks will be champions…”

(sung to the tune of imagine by john Lennon)

blinking john lennon GIF by hoppip

• Cheers 2

Bruins are pretty consistent thru the years. The org and the fanbase are a tad hard to take. Used watch their NESEN TV in the big dish era and their broadcasters were actually comical in their homerism. 

Zad should do OK in Boston. They play a pretty solid d-side game. His physicality will be a big fan favorite. But he is gone now so I am tuning all that out.

• Cheers 1

When you look at Zadorav’s contract, Hroneks doesn’t look bad at all. 
Crazy to think how much of a drop off in skill there is after Hughes/Hronek.

Canucks really need to spend the remaining cap space + Poolman LTIR on a top 4D man. Will most likely come in a trade now that the UFA’s remaining are not what we should be looking for. 

Hughes-Hronek (if it’s not broke don’t fix it)

Soucy- NEW PLAYER 

Desharnais/Forbort-Myers

Juulsen

^ This line up plays to everyone’s strengths. Myers on the third pairing, Juulsen as the 7th. They should be able to move up in a pinch but should not be our starting lineup.