[Signing] Zadorov to Boston

So are we all assuming our d looks like this next year?  

Hughes Hronek

Souncy Myers

Forbort Desharnais 

Then depth 

Friedman Juulsen

Wolanin Mcward

Then we have like 6 other men in Abby.  Briseboise, hirose, woo, d petey, mynio come to mind.  Not like we are short depth d.  

1 hour ago, kettlevalley said:

Hughes Hronek

Souncy Myers

Forbort Desharnais 

Then depth 

Friedman Juulsen

Wolanin Mcward

Then we have like 6 other men in Abby.  Briseboise, hirose, woo, d petey, mynio come to mind.  Not like we are short depth d.  

Brisebois has the potential of being 7th dman he made the team last year before getting injured 

22 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Brisebois has the potential of being 7th dman he made the team last year before getting injured 

If I recall correctly he was injured and therefor couldn't be sent down. This was before the final roster was set.

2 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Hughes Hronek

Souncy Myers

Forbort Desharnais 

Then depth 

Friedman Juulsen

Wolanin Mcward

As seems to perpetually be the case, what we're short of is a solid #3 D man to fill out our top 4. And either play with Hughes (allowing Hronek to carry a 2nd pair), or help elevate either Soucy or Myers on the 2nd pair.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Coryberg said:

If I recall correctly he was injured and therefor couldn't be sent down. This was before the final roster was set.

He was on pace to actually make the team though feel for the guy no one on Abbotsford deserves it more 

• Upvote 1
  • Wiener 1

On 7/13/2024 at 5:47 PM, aGENT said:

As seems to perpetually be the case, what we're short of is a solid #3 D man to fill out our top 4. And either play with Hughes (allowing Hronek to carry a 2nd pair), or help elevate either Soucy or Myers on the 2nd pair.

I think RT is comfortable with that Soucy/Myers pair.    

Is that the second PK pair too?  With Forbort Desharnais as the first pair?  

Hughes/Hronek is the first pair at 5v5 with Hughes on the first PP and Hronek on the second PP

So......

PP1 is 

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Hughes Petey

PP2 would then be

Heinen Suter Hogs

Garland Hronek

Pk1

Joshua bluegar

Forbort Desharnais

PK2

Heinen sherwood

Soucy Myers

Does that look like what RT will do?  

22 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

I think RT is comfortable with that Soucy/Myers pair.    

Is that the second PK pair too?  With Forbort Desharnais as the first pair?  

Hughes/Hronek is the first pair at 5v5 with Hughes on the first PP and Hronek on the second PP

So......

PP1 is 

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Hughes Petey

PP2 would then be

Heinen Suter Hogs

Garland Hronek

Pk1

Joshua bluegar

Forbort Desharnais

PK2

Heinen sherwood

Soucy Myers

Does that look like what RT will do?  

Yeah, I'm "ok" with it as I'm sure RT is. But that doesn't mean it's not still arguably our roster's weakest point. Has been, and continues to be it's weakest point in fact.

• Cheers 1

But I thought he didn't want to play in Vancouver?  That's what CFF told me...

Nikita Zadorov reveals Canucks were his 'first choice' in NHL free agency (msn.com)

Later in the interview, Zadorov revealed that the Canucks were his “first choice” in free agency, but that contract negotiations never materialized. “We disagreed on the details before the playoffs and postponed the negotiations,” Zadorov said. “After the playoffs, when I was in Vancouver, we tried to reach an agreement, but unfortunately, it didn’t work.”

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nikita Zadorov reveals Canucks were his 'first choice' in NHL free agency (msn.com)

Later in the interview, Zadorov revealed that the Canucks were his “first choice” in free agency, but that contract negotiations never materialized. “We disagreed on the details before the playoffs and postponed the negotiations,” Zadorov said. “After the playoffs, when I was in Vancouver, we tried to reach an agreement, but unfortunately, it didn’t work.”

My favourite was how so many people said pay the man but then when we didn’t sign him it was good cause he wanted too much. I wish people would stick to their lane. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Devron said:

Still thinks I’d take Big Z over Debrusk. That said I hope Jake becomes a stud and a fan fav 

We needed a winger for Petey.  If Debrusk can be a 30 goal scorer and play special teams then he is a bargain at $5.5 million and we are better off with him...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

My favourite was how so many people said pay the man but then when we didn’t sign him it was good cause he wanted too much. I wish people would stick to their lane. 

My line in the sand was always 5x5 and even that is an overpayment by 1mill per. Glad PA and JR stuck to theirs too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

My line in the sand was always 5x5 and even that is an overpayment by 1mill per. Glad PA and JR stuck to theirs too. 

I think if we had offered him 6 years he would have taken a bit less then $5 million.  4.75x6 would have gotten it done IMO.  I didn't mind the 6 years.  At the end of the day, Soucy is in the top 4 now and Forbort is our bottom pairing guy.  Which means we still need another LHD IMO.  Zadorov would have taken that spot.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think if we had offered him 6 years he would have taken a bit less then $5 million.  4.75x6 would have gotten it done IMO.  I didn't mind the 6 years.  At the end of the day, Soucy is in the top 4 now and Forbort is our bottom pairing guy.  Which means we still need another LHD IMO.  Zadorov would have taken that spot.  

Soucy was always in the Top 4, Zadorov was #5 in ice time. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He wanted more than we were willing to give him, some could argue we could have given him the extra year, I'd argue he could have taken a year less. If he really wanted to be here enough to compromise he'd be here, but the extra year clearly meant more. 

I don't begrudge him taking the term though, I'm still quite content with both sides having moved on. If things had been equal maybe he'd still be here, I'm glad they weren't, I like the additions we've made. Give him the deal Boston did and we don't have a few of the guys we signed. 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He wanted more than we were willing to give him, some could argue we could have given him the extra year, I'd argue he could have taken a year less. If he really wanted to be here enough to compromise he'd be here, but the extra year clearly meant more. 

I don't begrudge him taking the term though, I'm still quite content with both sides having moved on. If things had been equal maybe he'd still be here, I'm glad they weren't, I like the additions we've made. Give him the deal Boston did and we don't have a few of the guys we signed. 

Wear the grudge like a crown. Negativity, calculate what we will. 

• Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Devron said:

Wear the grudge like a crown. Negativity, calculate what we will. 

Has nothing to do with a grudge, I was quite open about five years being the max I'd be interested in giving him. Ideally it'd have been less. I never wanted to give Zadorov extensive term. 

More power to him in regards to getting his bag, I'm happy as a clam that he didn't get it here. I didn't see him as a top 4D and his ice time last season sure didn't paint him as one, small playoff sample size aside, nor did his usage in both Colorado and Calgary. If he can play top 4 in Boston, good for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Has nothing to do with a grudge, I was quite open about five years being the max I'd be interested in giving him. Ideally it'd have been less. I never wanted to give Zadorov extensive term. 

More power to him in regards to getting his bag, I'm happy as a clam that he didn't get it here. I didn't see him as a top 4D and his ice time last season sure didn't paint him as one, small playoff sample size aside, nor did his usage in both Colorado and Calgary. If he can play top 4 in Boston, good for him. 

Wear the grudge like a crown of negativity
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate
Desperate to control all and everything
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen

Clutch it like a cornerstone, otherwise it all comes down
Justify denials and grip 'em to the lonesome end
Terrified of being wrong, ultimatum prison cell

Saturn ascends
Choose one or ten
Hang on or be humbled again
Humbled again

Saturn ascends, comes round again
Saturn ascends, the one, the ten
Ignorant to the damage done

Unable to forgive these scarlet lettermen

Wear the grudge like a crown
Desperate to control
Unable to forgive and sinking deeper

Defining
Confining
And sinking deeper
Controlling
Defining
And we're sinking deeper

Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will and will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent

Saturn comes back around
Lifts you up like a child
or drags you down like a stone
To consume you till you choose to let this go
Choose to let this go

Give away the stone
Let the oceans take and trans mutate this cold and fated anchor
Give away the stone
Let the waters kiss and trans mutate these leaden grudges into gold

Let go

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Just reminded me of a great song with great lyrics. Enjoy. Will miss Z 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Devron said:

Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen

Terrified of being wrong, ultimatum prison cell

Saturn ascends
Choose one or ten
Hang on or be humbled again
Humbled again

Saturn ascends, comes round again
Saturn ascends, the one, the ten
Ignorant to the damage done

Unable to forgive these scarlet lettermen

Wear the grudge like a crown
Desperate to control
Unable to forgive and sinking deeper

Defining
Confining
And sinking deeper
Controlling
Defining
And we're sinking deeper

Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will and will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent

Saturn comes back around
Lifts you up like a child
or drags you down like a stone
To consume you till you choose to let this go
Choose to let this go

Give away the stone
Let the oceans take and trans mutate this cold and fated anchor
Give away the stone
Let the waters kiss and trans mutate these leaden grudges into gold

Let go

You are acting like a TOOL 😜

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 hours ago, Devron said:

I for one wanted him re-signed expeditiously. 

:classic_sad:

• Like 2