[Signing] Zadorov to Boston

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I would have offered him this contract and more to stay here in Vancouver. This is the first big fail I’ve seen from this management team. The playoffs are a long and physical grind. I don’t think people realize what an important piece Zadorov was to our hopes of a long playoff run. Sad day for Canucks fans. 

This contract is already 1 year too long and 1mill too much. Above that is insane 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Too bad. Would have loved to have him back. That being said, maybe he wanted a change of scenery. Gotta remember not everybody wants to sign in Vancouver let alone Canada. Can’t fault management for giving it an honest go trying to negotiate with him. 

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I would have offered him this contract and more to stay here in Vancouver. This is the first big fail I’ve seen from this management team. The playoffs are a long and physical grind. I don’t think people realize what an important piece Zadorov was to our hopes of a long playoff run. Sad day for Canucks fans. 

100%, all the posters trying to justify this from a management approach will be saying this when we have Marchand speed bagging peteys face . With Foote there he turned Zads game around from a 3rd pick to a coveted player other teams see that ours doesn’t. Mistake. A true fan favourite gone.O wait forberts got our backs.

19 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I remember saying a month ago I was going to be pissed if he signed somewhere else for 5mil. And here we are. We really couldn't give him 5mil for playing great for us, but we'll give 5.5mil for Debrusk playing inconsistent for another team?

The difference there is we have space open in the top 6 for a left wing. We don't have space to pay that much for a left D with Hughes and Soucy already set. 

One can argue about Zadorov over Soucy, and Soucy's injuries last season, but we really just need a third pairing D who isn't paid $5M that can step up.

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

This is the rumored Canucks contract. Everyone cursing management may not even know the whole story yet. Who says he didn't chose to go else where?

My guess, and I could be wrong, is that decision was made after we lowballed him and he decided to test free agency.

I think if we offered him this contract initially, my guess is he would have signed. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

The difference there is we have space open in the top 6 for a left wing. We don't have space to pay that much for a left D with Hughes and Soucy already set. 

One can argue about Zadorov over Soucy, and Soucy's injuries last season, but we really just need a third pairing D who isn't paid $5M that can step up.

Fair enough, still stinks. Cause Zads here puts Soucy in a more ideal role as that 3rd pair guy. Now we have to roll our Forbort and Juulsen as the 3rd pair. With Friedman as the spare body. Our defensive depth is much worse imo. They could have targeted Zads and Debrusk if they didn't re-sign Myers. But hey. In the immortal words of Jake McCann, it is what it is.

25 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I remember saying a month ago I was going to be pissed if he signed somewhere else for 5mil. And here we are. We really couldn't give him 5mil for playing great for us, but we'll give 5.5mil for Debrusk playing inconsistent for another team?

we don’t have the cap for a 5.5 mil bottom pair dman the money was better spent being spread out. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Fair enough, still stinks. Cause Zads here puts Soucy in a more ideal role as that 3rd pair guy. Now we have to roll our Forbort and Juulsen as the 3rd pair. With Friedman as the spare body. Our defensive depth is much worse imo. They could have targeted Zads and Debrusk if they didn't re-sign Myers. But hey. In the immortal words of Jake McCann, it is what it is.

Soucy was played ahead of Zadorov all season.

• Cheers 1

It’s funny seeing all these Canucks fans trying to defend the loss of both Zadorov and Lindholm. They signed two contracts that Alvin could have easily done. 

Neither received an overpayment for what they brought. Neither. The contingent of loyal Alvin disciples are out in full force today trying to justify the L. So predictable, you could set your watch to it. 

Zadorov did want to be in Vancouver. He just wanted to make $5M @ 6 years which is perfectly fine for what he brought and what he would continue to bring. Not $5.5 or $6M. He knew what his market value was. And got it. 

Clearly Alvin wanted to bargain bin shop his way through FA. Forbort? Heinen? Debris is the answer for Pettersson’s line? Hahahaha

Alvin has made some great trades and signings in the past so he’s not an abject failure. 

One thing is for sure. The Canucks aren’t a better team now. Myers is, once again, a top four……..Frustrated World Cup GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It’s funny seeing all these Canucks fans trying to defend the loss of both Zadorov and Lindholm. They signed two contracts that Alvin could have easily done. 

Neither received an overpayment for what they brought. Neither. The contingent of loyal Alvin disciples are out in full force today trying to justify the L. So predictable, you could set your watch to it. 

Zadorov did want to be in Vancouver. He just wanted to make $5M @ 6 years which is perfectly fine for what he brought and what he would continue to bring. Not $5.5 or $6M. He knew what his market value was. And got it. 

Clearly Alvin wanted to bargain bin shop his way through FA. Forbort? Heinen? Debris is the answer for Pettersson’s line? Hahahaha

Alvin has made some great trades and signings in the past so he’s not an abject failure. 

One thing is for sure. The Canucks aren’t a better team now. Myers is, once again, a top four……..Frustrated World Cup GIF

Sometimes your best moves are the ones you don’t make, balance is more important than being top heavy, ask Edmonton and Toronto. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You know that Lindholm and Zadorov wanted to stay in Vancouver? How?

Lindholm was actually pretty well known he didn't want to be here and play 3rd fiddle to Petey and Miller, and I would've been upset if we had paid what Boston paid for him.

Zadorov was offered $5m here, we just don't know the term. He decided he wanted to go elsewhere. You blame management and say people are defending them, but newsflash, not everyone wants to play in Vancouver.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He was our 6th defenseman in ice time paying 5mill+ for your 6th dman is literally insane. 

I know what it’s like arguing with you, so I’m going to leave it at respectfully disagree. Have a good Canada Day!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Lindholm was actually pretty well known he didn't want to be here and play 3rd fiddle to Petey and Miller, and I would've been upset if we had paid what Boston paid for him.

Zadorov was offered $5m here, we just don't know the term. He decided he wanted to go elsewhere. You blame management and say people are defending them, but newsflash, not everyone wants to play in Vancouver.

If he liked Vancouver so much he could have worked with our 7x7 offer same with Zadorov. But it’s easier to be myopic and laugh at others. 

7 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

We definitely need another left D, as I think Forbert is more of a depth level signing for us at this point. He can fill in, and I haven't looked closer at him, but I might have preferred Cole at this price. Of course, Cole signed for twice as much, so that's where we are.

It’s pretty clear Zadorov was not willing to take a discount to stay here, regardless of what he presented to media.  I’m fine without Zadorov at 5x6 on the Canucks. All the wieners just need to relax. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, elvis15 said:

We definitely need another left D, as I think Forbert is more of a depth level signing for us at this point. He can fill in, and I haven't looked closer at him, but I might have preferred Cole at this price. Of course, Cole signed for twice as much, so that's where we are.

Forbort is a bottom pair getting paid bottom pair money. Zadorov is a bottom pair getting top 4 money. 

• Cheers 1

Where is the quote that Lindholm didn’t want to be here? Or is it your assumption that he didn’t? You don’t actually know, so maybe don’t try to present your assumptions as fact. 

Again, prove it. A report from Seravelli is not proof. Zadorov did. His remarks shortly after arriving post trade after Game 1 against Nashville where he spoke about skating out on to the ice to the crowd and tearing up. 

Try again, sport. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Where is the quote that Lindholm didn’t want to be here? Or is it your assumption that he didn’t? You don’t actually know, so maybe don’t try to present your assumptions as fact. 

Again, prove it. A report from Seravelli is not proof. Zadorov did. His remarks shortly after arriving post trade after Game 1 against Nashville where he spoke about skating out on to the ice to the crowd and tearing up. 

Try again, sport. 

So your proof that they wanted to stay counts but the fact that they willingly left is meaningless? 

Lmao jesus christ. 🤦‍♂️

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Oh? So being top heavy has treated them well? News to me. 

Edmonton were within a game of winning the Cup. Toronto has made it to the show consistently (regardless of 1st round exits) for quite a few seasons now. 

Keep barking. 

• Upvote 1