[Signing] Zadorov to Boston

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Where is the quote that Lindholm didn’t want to be here? Or is it your assumption that he didn’t? You don’t actually know, so maybe don’t try to present your assumptions as fact. 

Again, prove it. A report from Seravelli is not proof. Zadorov did. His remarks shortly after arriving post trade after Game 1 against Nashville where he spoke about skating out on to the ice to the crowd and tearing up. 

Try again, sport. 

Oh so because reports that go against your narrative are just false. Got it.

Lindholm did not want to be a 3rd liner, it was speculated ages ago that he was going to Boston to be their #1 because that is how he views himself.

You can make it up in your mind that our front office failed, little buddy, without any proof that they didn't try and the players chose to go else where.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I know what it’s like arguing with you, so I’m going to leave it at respectfully disagree. Have a good Canada Day!

It is a trying task. Happy Canada Day, Roger!

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Sometimes your best moves are the ones you don’t make, balance is more important than being top heavy, ask Edmonton and Toronto. 

I agree with the first part of that. Bringing them in wouldn't have made us top heavy, but rather too much cap on the bottom half of our lineup.

Many of us have been saying for awhile that those two players can't be making the contracts they can get in the roles we have for them. Doing that means at best status quo, since it doesn't allow us to really fill any of the big holes we had that left is short last season.

They were both brought in to make us a better team with a high possibility of not being able to retain them if they performed well in their roles. And they both did exactly that, so we can't be too mad to have them looking at better opportunities than 3rd line center and 3rd pairing D.

Edited by elvis15
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

We definitely need another left D, as I think Forbert is more of a depth level signing for us at this point. He can fill in, and I haven't looked closer at him, but I might have preferred Cole at this price. Of course, Cole signed for twice as much, so that's where we are.

Maybe about 3.7mil in cap once the preseason starts and we can LTIR Poolman. We'll see where Silovs ends up cap wise. Might trade out Hogs/Podz for a LD. I think with Heinen and Debrusk signing, it's not looking good for their place on the roster. I agree we probably need one more LD or RD. And have Forbort/Juulsen as the extra body.

39 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I remember saying a month ago I was going to be pissed if he signed somewhere else for 5mil. And here we are. We really couldn't give him 5mil for playing great for us, but we'll give 5.5mil for Debrusk playing inconsistent for another team?

That's just it right there. 

I wonder if PA tried to lowball him and Z got pissed and left 

I heard he wanted to stay initially so this is confusing

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Oh so because reports that go against your narrative are just false. Got it.

Lindholm did not want to be a 3rd liner, it was speculated ages ago that he was going to Boston to be their #1 because that is how he views himself.

You can make it up in your mind that our front office failed, little buddy, without any proof that they didn't try and the players chose to go else where.

Hahahaha. You’re so defensive and aggressive. Careful or you might blow a gasket. 

• Wiener 1

16 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

My guess, and I could be wrong, is that decision was made after we lowballed him and he decided to test free agency.

I think if we offered him this contract initially, my guess is he would have signed. 

That's a ton of speculation.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

My guess, and I could be wrong, is that decision was made after we lowballed him and he decided to test free agency.

I think if we offered him this contract initially, my guess is he would have signed. 

I don’t think offering him .5 million lower than he eventually signed for is ‘lowballing’. Especially after he said he wanted to stay here. The Canucks got very close to 5mill, if not actually 5mill, so its pretty clear he just didn’t want to be here. Nothing wrong with that, he chose elsewhere. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You are really high strung. 🤣

For questioning why you get to discredit things based on feelings? 

If you’re Lindholm do you choose playing on the third line with Pius Suter or go play with Pastrnak on the first line? 

If he liked it here so much $750k is an easily overcome obstacle at $7mil. 

Same with Zadorov 4.7 isn't that far off 5 that it can’t be worked out. 

They didn't want to stay and today proved it. Facts don’t care about your feelings 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pianoman said:

I don’t think offering him .5 million lower than he eventually signed for is ‘lowballing’. Especially after he said he wanted to stay here. The Canucks got very close to 5mill, if not actually 5mill, so its pretty clear he just didn’t want to be here. Nothing wrong with that, he chose elsewhere. 

Especially when the “lowballing” is already overpaying 😂

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Edmonton were within a game of winning the Cup. Toronto has made it to the show consistently (regardless of 1st round exits) for quite a few seasons now. 

Keep barking. 

Still came away as empty handed as us on their best day. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

When you bury your head in the sand and ignore reality and reason, you do it to yourself. Sam included. 

Spare me your bargain basement psychology. 

You don’t like someone’s opinion, so you claim that they’re ignoring reality and reason, when really they just don’t agree with you.

So sad. So desperate. So wrong. 

• Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Wilful ignorance 

Right.... So I didn't back pedal. Got it.

You think I'm being ignorant because I don't think everyone wants to live and play in Vancouver and when players decide to go elsewhere it's a management failure, got it!

• Cheers 1