[Signing] Zadorov to Boston

Posted (edited)

Honestly, considering the amount of overpayments out there I'm fine having not gone nuts with our cap space

Lot of offseason left for more signings and trades

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Honestly, considering the amount of overpayments out there I'm fine having not gone nuts with our cap space

Lot of offseason left for more signings and trades

I find it hilarious watching guys like Sam and Phillip losing their shit over awful deals. Entertaining day off to say the least 😂

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

This team is mental we payed hronek 7.5 to play it across to Hughes and couldn’t match 5 a year for zadorov . That is no where near an over pay . The guy had more goals than Quinn Hughes in the playoffs and made our team super hard to play against . 

Seems Alvin likes Swedish looking guys, lol

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I find it hilarious watching guys like Sam and Phillip losing their shit over awful deals. Entertaining day off to say the least 😂

So much going on, there's more signings to post but I'm not committed to staring at my laptop all day, maybe I'll get to it later

The big loser thus far is honestly Carolina, whiffed on Guentzel and bled talent

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

32 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not to give credit to Dick (and aside from being a "richard"/"碌柒", he's also a dick), but it wouldn't surprise me if one or both of these were determining factors:

1. even if he gets paid more, he's still behind Saucy Sassy Soucy in the depth chart, and

2. Milstein may have gotten into his ear.

I think that could be one of the reasons.... seem to recall reading somewhere he wanted a top 4 role... but don't remember exactly.

Posted (edited)

We paid assets to get Lindholm and Zadorov who worked out for us for the most part, but ultimately both ended up to be rentals and we had to let them walk for nothing. I don't know if i should be happy about the pro scouting or upset about our asset management. If we're making a trade again this year i really hope it's not another rental. 

Oh well let's all move on. At least Zad is in the East now and we'll only see him twice a year.

Edited by Wing

1 minute ago, Iron Man said:

Did we offer the same term? Maybe that was the deciding factor.

Why didn't Vancouver? Zadorov for 6 years was better than the contract Tanev or Dillon got 

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Why didn't Vancouver? Zadorov for 6 years was better than the contract Tanev or Dillon got 

Agreed. Although if Vancouver offered the same contract, Z might've still chosen Boston all things being equal. But they should've added that extra year to have a chance.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Because you need more than to run it back with a 6th dman to win a cup. 

Edited by canuck73_3

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

If he’s that soft that the initial offer made him have a fit and leave then fuck him. 😂

I’ve already said I don’t want to argue with you, told you I respectfully disagree with you, and wished you a Happy Canada Day.

If I’m not responding to you please don’t feel you need to respond on behalf of other people that I am responding to. 

There are plenty of other people to converse with. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’ve already said I don’t want to argue with you, told you I respectfully disagree with you, and wished you a Happy Canada Day.

If I’m not responding to you please don’t feel you need to respond on behalf of other people that I am responding to. 

There are plenty of other people to converse with. 

This is a discussion board I can respond to whoever I want. 

• Wiener 1