[Signing] Zadorov to Boston

I wonder if not signing him right away cheesed him off a bit? dunno, the money certainly wasn't far off. 

But now he's dead to be. He's a filthy Bruin, I wish him only hockey agony and disappointment now. 

Unless we trade for him down the road, then he'll be great again. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder if not signing him right away cheesed him off a bit? dunno, the money certainly wasn't far off. 

But now he's dead to be. He's a filthy Bruin, I wish him only hockey agony and disappointment now. 

Here's my take. Canucks offered the same contract as what he accepted from Boston. Zadorov just chose to turn it down because he didn't want to be here.

That's why Allvin stated very clearly in the presser that Zadorov has chosen to go somewhere else.

• ThereItIs 2

Donnie on also mentioned on 650 that there was some sense from the team that they were worried about Zadorov getting too comfortable. That is, getting a pay day and not having the same level of commitment during the year. His playoff performance is definitely hard to separate from long-term rationale planning.

• Cheers 2

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Watching Zadorov and Kane go at each other was so much fun.

If Deadmonton gets their wish of trading away Kane, even if we signed Zadorov, them going at each other would not have happened either during our games next season.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

@BobLongLives 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, PavelB said:

Good interview,  living the dream , going to the team of a player he idolized.

See how he lines up , one journalist thought he’d get the chance to play alongside McEvoy (aprx 9:50).

Boston Fans have a beauty , never a dull moment, great interviews, and a Boston Style Game .

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

If we didn’t have the OEL buyout, they probably sign Zadorov.

I like what we did with our forward group today, have to wait and see how the defence looks next season.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I like what we did with our forward group today, have to wait and see how the defence looks next season.

If we didn’t have the OEL buyout we’d still have OEL and no Zadorov. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Devron said:

Well my time is done advocating for how awesome Z is and that we lost a good one,

Now go F yourself Nikita 

He lives amongst the chowder heads now. 

Only positive for him is he's too tall for Marchand to lick his ear.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

I think most folks are coming to the realization that it wasn't about money. Despite Zadorovs end of season interviews, he didn't actually want to be here.

• ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Donnie on also mentioned on 650 that there was some sense from the team that they were worried about Zadorov getting too comfortable. That is, getting a pay day and not having the same level of commitment during the year. His playoff performance is definitely hard to separate from long-term rationale planning.

This 100%

I bet they looked at Z's history with previous teams and saw that his energy slowly drops the longer he stays with a team. That's why he seems to get moved every 2 years. 

Z likely wanted to get paid for what he did in the playoffs for 6 years. Canucks probably scoured years of video and came to the decision that Z is a 5/6 guy 90% of the time.

I'm thankful we don't have z tied up long term at $5m.

A couple big hits a year isn't worth anywhere near that.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Future Considerations said:

Zadorov, probably too much personality, not enough character.  

Pretty soon it will be Zadorov too selfish and doesn't defend 🤣

17 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’ve already said I don’t want to argue with you, told you I respectfully disagree with you, and wished you a Happy Canada Day.

If I’m not responding to you please don’t feel you need to respond on behalf of other people that I am responding to. 

There are plenty of other people to converse with. 

17 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

This is a discussion board I can respond to whoever I want. 

At times like we need ...

39dd44bb-9159-4c3f-94db-3cbf61b1f6fe_text.gif