[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

I'm not opposed to trying to go back to one hugely powerful line to take the other teams heat. Like the sedins and burrows.

Woukd be nice to have a Miller, Boeser and Debrusk line as a #1 line that gets all the attention. Then maybe Petey, Heinen and Hogz. Let them find some chemistry, and then look for a trade for a better winger if it's not working

I hope that we actually bank cap space for a tdl move like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Our pro scouting has been great, so until I see different I like the depth from today.

We are still light one d man but it's only July 1. 

Exactly. The playoffs don't start tomorrow. Added some good depth and grit. Now we wait and see where the holes are, and trader Jim will go to work during the season.

Maybe they think Lek might be pushing for a spot this year

Just now, JayDangles said:

Exactly. The playoffs don't start tomorrow. Added some good depth and grit. Now we wait and see where the holes are, and trader Jim will go to work during the season.

Maybe they think Lek might be pushing for a spot this year

Lekkerimaki making the team would be awesome.

• Thanks 1
  • MillerTime 1

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Says a lot about someone's character when they voluntarily join a team full of dirtbags like the Bruins.

I agree with you on that. But to be fair, both probably would have signed here if we had of paid that money. Glad we didn’t.

Hoglander and DeBrusk both skate pretty hard and can shoot, hopefully they can make an effective duo for Petey to set up.
I think the issue with Mikheyev was that he can skate but stopped shooting, hopefully DeBrusk could be that player in the shooting and fast-skating archetype to fit with EP40.

Edited by Phil_314

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ha ha, expecting Boston twitter to give us a good review.

Boston fans been roasting Debrusk for 3ish years now, there's a reason they didn't commit to him themselves. Lol. Lets not pretend this review is completely baseless. His numbers suggest inconsistent as well. Maybe Tocc and Millsy can instill consistency into him. We'll just have to hope.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Boston fans been roasting Debrusk for 3ish years now, there's a reason they didn't commit to him themselves. Lol. Lets not pretend this review is completely baseless. His numbers suggest inconsistent as well. Maybe Tocc and Millsy can instill consistency into him. We'll just have to hope.

Yep. This is my main concern. I'm fine with this player for 3 or 4 years. Committing 7 years to a streaky winger just after you paid to move a similar AAV in Mikheyev?

I don't know, man.

• Like 1

Too early to judge when he hasn't played a game for us, but the 7 yr term is risky. I feel like PA had to offer it to lower the cap more than wanting to lock this player up long term.

I can only hope Tocc can get the best out of this player but it's hard to to be super optimistic.