[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

26 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I pegged you for an older chap.   Boston wasn't a "stain" until 2011.   A lot of fans I know, liked Boston growing up.    13 years later, 13 years after NYI and NYR beat us, don't remember anything that was such a hold up.   Guess they hurt some people more than others.   Sure it sucked.    Tim Thomas was the difference between us winning a cup and that's it.   8 goals in 7 games, it certainly wasn't goaltending.   Until it was in Game 7.    Marchand was a rookie more or less.   Don't think we need to worry about that shit anymore. 

Lol. So true and well said and really DeBrusk wasn't even on the 2011 team. In the end I'm of the camp where I don't care much on who or what, just ffnn win. 

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Lol. So true and well said and really DeBrusk wasn't even on the 2011 team. In the end I'm of the camp where I don't care much on who or what, just ffnn win. 

That's the spirit! 

5 hours ago, rychicken said:

I like this signing - I know a lot of forum members trashed this player in GDTs (so I am sure they will continue to trash him now that he is on our team), but I think he has a decent amount of talent and versatility to his game. 

I think it's hard for some to get over him being in that group of 3 Boston first rounders directly before Barzal, Connor, and Chabot.  He's a useful player, but obviously not in that class.

23 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think it's hard for some to get over him being in that group of 3 Boston first rounders directly before Barzal, Connor, and Chabot.  He's a useful player, but obviously not in that class.

Definitely not a top guy but he’s got all the tools you want in a scoring forward in the top 6. 

Maybe he could boom like Miller did with greater opportunity. 

Good pro too. His media interview was excellent. 

Now Loui has to become a Homer. Get him away from the Oilers they soiled him ever since he became a regular broadcaster there. Was way better when he was bouncing around. Pretty informative. I remember him questioning the refs bad/missed calls that went against the Canucks a few times. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Definitely not a top guy but he’s got all the tools you want in a scoring forward in the top 6. 

Maybe he could boom like Miller did with greater opportunity. 

Good pro too. His media interview was excellent. 

Now Loui has to become a Homer. Get him away from the Oilers they soiled him ever since he became a regular broadcaster there. Was way better when he was bouncing around. Pretty informative. I remember him questioning the refs bad/missed calls that went against the Canucks a few times. 

He'd be a lot better if Sportsnet does the right thing and fires Singh.  Those two simply can't work together.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

He'd be a lot better if Sportsnet does the right thing and fires Singh.

He’s fairly blunt and will tell it how it is but has been a bit too much soilers since becoming a regular there. 

You might have a point with Singh though. Not the greatest broadcaster to be attached to the hip with. 

Would be cool if he called a Canucks game with his son. Loui was also just in Van and was doing the Grouse Grind. Jake was jokingly surprised he was doing cardio because he said he only works upper body lol. 

Loui raised a good kid. His interview showed he’s a pretty good pro. 

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Great signing! Debrusk will prove to be better than Geuntzel. And at only 5.5 AAV! And only 27. Guys in with the age of our core. He will be a 30-30 guy who is a pain in the butt to play against. 

I would love if this happens but a line of Point, kuch, Guentzel is beyond scary.

Just now, Petey O said:

I have a feeling this dude gets a 60+ point season next year. If he can be a perennial 60-70 point guy, I think this signing is justified.

If he becomes a 60-70 point guy it is a steal signing never mind just justified. 

He hits, goes to the dirty areas, forechecks, back checks, is responsible defensively, Can PK and PP, and is a playoff performer. That on top of being a 60-70 point guy would be a steal at 5.5. Dude is like a mini JT Miller but more of a goal scorer than a passer and plays wing. 

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Rekker said:

The more I look at this signing the more I like it, from all angles. To be honest, just had to get over the Boston stain. It's getting there. 

Just scrape that Boston off your shoes and move on. 

Was listening to a Boston homer this morning on radio, and some there are concerned that Lindy may not be a great contract.

They seem to believe that Z is a lock in their top 4 as well..

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

I pegged you for an older chap.   Boston wasn't a "stain" until 2011.   A lot of fans I know, liked Boston growing up.    13 years later, 13 years after NYI and NYR beat us, don't remember anything that was such a hold up.   Guess they hurt some people more than others.   Sure it sucked.    Tim Thomas was the difference between us winning a cup and that's it.   8 goals in 7 games, it certainly wasn't goaltending.   Until it was in Game 7.    Marchand was a rookie more or less.   Don't think we need to worry about that shit anymore. 

There was a lot to like about the Bruins before 2011.  They were maybe my 5th favorite team or something back in the Bourque / Middleton / Pete Peeters days.

• ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Was listening to a Boston homer this morning on radio, and some there are concerned that Lindy may not be a great contract.

They also seem to think lindstrom is still a 40 goal scorer. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm good now. I just saw a video of Genie Bouchard doing yard work in a bikini. Oh baby, Google it my friends. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I dunno about top 4 over an 82 game schedule. He did preform well playing top 4 minutes in the playoffs though. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix

1 hour ago, Ohthehumanity said:

I am at the point where I would bring Marchand in if it would win us a cup, and I loathe that dude. But he is a great player.

I've been a fan as long as anyone,  and suffered with the team and fellow fans.  I understand this mentality well - win at all costs - but in the end I couldn't accept winning if it meant compromising on the character of people in the organization.  People like Quinn, Neilsen, Smyl,  Linden, Sedins, ect...as cheesy as it sounds, and trust me I know how this sounds,  I feel we owe it to them to have character people in the organization when we finally win.