[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Spot on amigo... That entire organisation and fan base wants a new Chara...

Whether Z will live up to that is irrelevant... at least management has shown the fans they are doing what they can to give them that...

Good for them...

May Zeke tear his MCL, ACL, BCL,'s and ZCL's in both legs going up the stairs this weekend.

J/K ... wish him the best and enjoyed his time here. His interviews were honest and open, a refreshing change. His play for the most part had holes but he played hard.

All the best in Boston Big Zeke, just not when we play the Bruins.

• Like 1

DeBrusk didn’t seem to be on the radar before today. Seems like he was the plan B after Guentzel came off the board. I wish the deal was a couple years shorter, but he is a top 6 winger and a little more than half the price. I think his play style will compliment EP well. A little bang and crash. Someone to get the puck and go to turn dirty areas. Hopefully they can find a complimentary player and really start annoying other teams D. Good signing in my opinion. More term than wanted but it’s free agent frenzy, it’s going to happen. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

DeBrusk didn’t seem to be on the radar before today. Seems like he was the plan B after Guentzel came off the board. I wish the deal was a couple years shorter, but he is a top 6 winger and a little more than half the price. I think his play style will compliment EP well. A little bang and crash. Someone to get the puck and go to turn dirty areas. Hopefully they can find a complimentary player and really start annoying other teams D. Good signing in my opinion. More term than wanted but it’s free agent frenzy, it’s going to happen. 

Petey needs a “Naslund to Bertuzzi”. 

DeBrusk, I think will be ‘that guy’. 

Who is the ‘Morrison’? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Petey needs a “Naslund to Bertuzzi”. 

DeBrusk, I think will be ‘that guy’. 

Who is the ‘Morrison’? 

The way Garland digs out pucks and keeps the play alive in the Ozone Id give it a go at camp and Preseason. Short term possibility. He had some insane set ups last year with Joshua! Guys playing above his level though for sure but hey he surprised us all last year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

The way Garland digs out pucks and keeps the play alive in the Ozone Id give it a go at camp and Preseason. Short term possibility. He had some insane set ups last year with Joshua! Guys playing above his level though for sure but hey he surprised us all last year 

Or maybe the BC boy like Morrison we just signed at a bargain. Heinen. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I hear ya. However, I don’t believe Garly is the one to make the ‘step up’. 

Playoffs? Maybe. But, Garly took a step back, not a step further. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

That’s the hope. I doubt it though. Let’s be honest. 

I think it’s a good chance. 

Hog/Pod/Heinen/Suter for the 3rd spots on the Petey/Debrusk Miller/Boeser lines. 

If you can manage to send Suter down to the 4th C giving us solid Cs on each line you can. 

Heinen probably best bet out of the 4 to stick in the top 6. If one of Hog/Pod step up then the 4th line could look like 

Hog/Pod-Suter-Sherwood

which would be a solid line 4 too. 

1 hour ago, Barbarian said:

Sure, but I lost count of the number of beauty setups Petey dished to players like stone hand Mik this season, and just weren't buried. Wouldn't be surprised if an even halfway competent goal scorer puts up record numbers with Petey next season!

ESP game seven. I think he set up couple breakaways to Mik and pdg and they both missed the net 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Very risky contract and probably a tad bit too long. Hopefully it doesn’t backfire.

very risky is signing 34+ year olds to long term contracts.

The guy has proven he can score 20 goals and 50 points. That’s easily worth 5.5 based on the new comparables.

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I disagree. One of the younger FAs.  I had him pegged in the 5-6M range. 

Maybe just 1 year too long. 

I never worry about the last year of a contract though. He can always be bought out for cheap if he’s that bad.

This management group has also shown a knack for moving on from players early if they’re not a fit. 

1 minute ago, syntheticity said:

According to PA at today's presser, they were after Guentzel and thought they were "very close" to getting him, but moved once he signed elsewhere. He was a definitely a top priority for the team until he signed elsewhere. 

That’s where I don’t understand such a wild strategy shift.

You go from being willing to commit huge dollars to one player to spending all that money on depth.

That may have been the best non move we could have made. But it makes me wonder how they’re satisfied not filling their need of an elite player to play with Petey.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I never worry about the last year of a contract though. He can always be bought out for cheap if he’s that bad.

This management group has also shown a knack for moving on from players early if they’re not a fit. 

I am not too worried. He’s one of the younger credible FA forwards and we’re likely getting 5 good years at the least.