[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

33 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

I would be thrilled if true, but where would we get the cap space for Necas?

Assuming silovs at 1m, and that Hoglander would be part of a deal for Necas, we'd only have about 3m of cap space. 

It would have to be Garland. Having said that I think we're done on forwards until the TDL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It would have to be Garland. Having said that I think we're done on forwards until the TDL.

I hope they don’t move the 1st this year. Feel like you should only do that every couple years if your competitive, lots of the top teams still had their picks in the first round this year 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Devron said:

I hope they don’t move the 1st this year. Feel like you should only do that every couple years if your competitive, lots of the top teams still had their picks in the first round this year 

As long as it’s for a mid 20’s higher end forward, I wouldn’t mind at all.  It would be similar to what we gave up for Hronek

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yup, there is always hockey to be played later down the road so we need to keep our top picks. It's what got our cap space and line-up all screwed up in the first place.

18 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

As long as it’s for a mid 20’s higher end forward, I wouldn’t mind at all.  It would be similar to what we gave up for Hronek

It would have to be a very solid addition imo. But yeah, if we could get a breakout guy like Lafrenier, or similar I would be pretty amenable to that.

17 minutes ago, Devron said:

Definitely just not for rental 

Yeah, no way for a rental. With our lack of cap space and our team almost set this year I think we'll be playing a wait and see game on the season. Definitely don't think it would be wise to spend it on another rental unless we repeat last season. Then all bets are off, but we desperately need to have prospects pushing from below in order to complete with the best.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, there is always hockey to be played later down the road so we need to keep our top picks. It's what got our cap space and line-up all screwed up in the first place.

It would have to be a very solid addition imo. But yeah, if we could get a breakout guy like Lafrenier, or similar I would be pretty amenable to that.

Yeah, no way for a rental. With our lack of cap space and our team almost set this year I think we'll be playing a wait and see game on the season. Definitely don't think it would be wise to spend it on another rental unless we repeat last season. Then all bets are off, but we desperately need to have prospects pushing from below in order to complete with the best.

Yeah bad business to trade away 1st And 2nd back to back years imo. Hope they keep it this season coming 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah bad business to trade away 1st And 2nd back to back years imo. Hope they keep it this season coming 

Only way they trade the pick is if it’s a good young player in the 22-25 range.

I would be fine trading it for a player like Necas as he would fill a role for us for at least the next 6-7 years.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Tervainen probably a better possession guy and playmaker. More all around with the puck. 

Debrusk more all around away from the puck. Plays with grit. Better goal scorer. 

Yeah that's fair. I think Debrusk compliments us better. Petey and Miller can handle the possession and playmaking to some extent. We need a guy that can play up tempo with Petey, finish plays, get in on the forecheck, and help out defensively. Both would have been nice lol.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I had hoped this player would get here.

Disgruntled , his play dropped off in Boston but stayed to honour his RFA .

This year going into UFA he woke up to show other teams in the league he stilll has it ,

truly reminds me of Miller ,

Power , strong edges, grit , shot , skill.

And a good 200 ft game .

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah that's fair. I think Debrusk compliments us better. Petey and Miller can handle the possession and playmaking to some extent. We need a guy that can play up tempo with Petey, finish plays, get in on the forecheck, and help out defensively. Both would have been nice lol.

Both of TT and JD would be real nice. Both are higher end 2nd line forwards and they probably would have complimented each other well with Petey. 

We used our cap well though. Sherwood at 1.5 is nice. Forbort also at 1.5 is good. Heinen could have gotten 750k-1M more. 5.5 for Debrusk is fair value.  Only real question mark is Desharnais but they are betting on the coaches to help find him another gear. He’s a late bloomer and may have more in him. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I had hoped this player would get here.

Disgruntled , his play dropped off in Boston but stayed to honour his RFA .

This year going into UFA he woke up to show other teams in the league he stilll has it ,

truly reminds me of Miller ,

Power , strong edges, grit , shot , skill.

And a good 200 ft game .

We are gonna be getting his prime years  too. Playoff performer as well. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Only way they trade the pick is if it’s a good young player in the 22-25 range.

I would be fine trading it for a player like Necas as he would fill a role for us for at least the next 6-7 years.

How does that work capwise though? we can only take on so many people over a certain amount. Would have to be Garland Hoglander plus going the other way no? 

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

How does that work capwise though? we can only take on so many people over a certain amount. Would have to be Garland Hoglander plus going the other way no? 

They’d probably time it with contracts expiring, cap increases and/or maybe injuries. 

Might be more of an off-season thing we do. I don’t really see us trading 1sts during season with our cap situation barring significant injury. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It would be Garland going the other way yes.

Just a few things on Necas:

The ask seems pretty high...

"Just ahead of the Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets made a last-ditch offer to make something work, but were turned away, according to insider Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet. He reports that the Blue Jackets offered the 4th overall pick to Carolina, with the stipulation of working out a contract extension for Necas, but "things didn't work out."

Do they even trade him now that they lost Guentzel to Tampa?

"I’m wondering if t͏he͏r͏e͏’s any chance Guentzel’s impen͏ding dep͏art͏ure ch͏anges the Hur͏ricanes’ min͏d on movin͏g Necas. Ma͏ybe the͏y go t͏o arb͏itration a͏nd liv͏e with t͏he number or negot͏iate a ͏one-year deal."

And what does he resign at? 

With his skill set does he accept the QO or anything close (3.5m) I would think he is looking for a lot more than that.. 

Idk if Garland plus a 1st makes them pick up the phone..

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Just a few things on Necas:

The ask seems pretty high...

"Just ahead of the Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets made a last-ditch offer to make something work, but were turned away, according to insider Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet. He reports that the Blue Jackets offered the 4th overall pick to Carolina, with the stipulation of working out a contract extension for Necas, but "things didn't work out."

Do they even trade him now that they lost Guentzel to Tampa?

"I’m wondering if t͏he͏r͏e͏’s any chance Guentzel’s impen͏ding dep͏art͏ure ch͏anges the Hur͏ricanes’ min͏d on movin͏g Necas. Ma͏ybe the͏y go t͏o arb͏itration a͏nd liv͏e with t͏he number or negot͏iate a ͏one-year deal."

And what does he resign at? 

With his skill set does he accept the QO or anything close (3.5m) I would think he is looking for a lot more than that.. 

Idk if Garland plus a 1st makes them pick up the phone..

Sounds like Carolina accepted it but Columbus couldn’t work out a contract.

I don’t think there’s any chance he accepts his qualifying offer. The damage to the relationship is already done. They need to move him they’ll have to come down in price though.

• Upvote 1